Post-Game Talk: Habs lose two straight to Ottawa

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
This is what it looked like on the ice for the Sens. All the room to skate and skate and skate and the size of the net is what they saw with Price there:

Reactions: Habs10Habs

Grate n Colorful Oz

Pure Laine Hutson
Jun 12, 2007
Hockey Mecca
Until Molson swallows his pride and fires Bergevin, this mediocrity will continue. Hes built nothing in 10 years.
Blame price all you want , I do too but he carried a bad team for years. Bergevin did nothingg to help him out

2hl0yq.gif

Rosso Scuderia

Jun 30, 2012
Except that if you make a comparison to a forward, Price would have had a hat-trick with some of the insane saves he's made. He would also have made some dumb defensive blunders, but those always are easier to sweep under the rug as a player because you put points on the board.
Price makes highlight saves with 2 blunders, well, that's all people focus on.

Again, not arguing he's been good, but the hate is comical as well.

I don't get why criticizing equals hate.

Yes he made some really good saves tonight.. just like any goalie has to make in a game.

I get that our defense sucks but it's the same to Allen and Allen plays way better.

Price hasn't been good in the past 3 years now and his numbers shows it.

1 bad year, it might be an off year but Price hasn't been dominant, let alone good for quite some time now. He's still nonchalant like he used to be. I find the "Price can do no wrong" way more comical.

durojean

May 29, 2007
Nope. Not the case. He's been stuck behind bad teams and it's crushed his numbers. You can thank our GM for that.

This year though? Absolutely no excuse for the clunkers he's let in. And it's puzzling too because it's not like he's faltering on the tough shots. If that was the case, I'd be more worried. That would be evidence of a decline in his game and him not being able to handle those in close chances anymore. That's not what's happening though. He's just giving up unforced errors... some are beachballs. And there's just no excuse for that.

Let’s agree to disagree. Yes, we did not have the best team.

But, at least in the last 2 years we were the better team in a lot games and he was the one to let the odd goal out.

That’s specifically in those game where he should habs made a difference but he never did. At least not in the last 5 years.

The team was not
The best but he really did not make up for it in any of those years.

I always felt like he was the best goalie in the league when he was losing by 2 or 3 goals but in his career, I count around 2 or 3 season where he really was elite, not
More than that

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
I don't get why criticizing equals hate.

Yes he made some really good saves tonight.. just like any goalie has to make in a game.

I get that our defense sucks but it's the same to Allen and Allen plays way better.

Price hasn't been good in the past 3 years now and his numbers shows it.

1 bad year, it might be an off year but Price hasn't been dominant, let alone good for quite some time now. He's still nonchalant like he used to be. I find the "Price can do no wrong" way more comical.
Nonchalant is fine. I'd prefer we have that in Montreal because you need to be able to handle the pressure.

Nonchalant is not the same thing as sloppy though. Sloppy is not good.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad