Post-Game Talk: Habs lose two straight to Ottawa

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
I never said he was the ONLY problem.

All i said was he's not playing well and your best players need to be your best players. End of story.

Washington would be far more upset if Ovechkin plays badly than Eller. Common sense.

As I said in the other thread, Price entering next season at 34 playing this way with his contract would not be claimed by Seattle.

Except that if you make a comparison to a forward, Price would have had a hat-trick with some of the insane saves he's made. He would also have made some dumb defensive blunders, but those always are easier to sweep under the rug as a player because you put points on the board.
Price makes highlight saves with 2 blunders, well, that's all people focus on.

Again, not arguing he's been good, but the hate is comical as well.

Habs 4 Life

No Excuses
Mar 30, 2005
Montreal
What was Bergevin thinking, watching this garbage?

9HiZedR.gif

Probably trying to figure out if tomorrow was a leg day!!!

Cookie007

Mar 23, 2011
You guys know we won that game right? That 'no goal' was an enormous pile of shit, and it would be nice if our GM would pick up the phone and voice his concerns over this shit. The toronto game, that was a goal.. this was a goal tonight. We won this game, someone up top hates this team.
Atleast the Toronto disallowed goal I can believe (since they called it on Thornton the night before). But this one was 2-3 seconds after. Murray had plenty of time to reset.

Reactions: Pickles and Deebs

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
Price as been an average goalie for the last 5 years.
Nope. Not the case. He's been stuck behind bad teams and it's crushed his numbers. You can thank our GM for that.

This year though? Absolutely no excuse for the clunkers he's let in. And it's puzzling too because it's not like he's faltering on the tough shots. If that was the case, I'd be more worried. That would be evidence of a decline in his game and him not being able to handle those in close chances anymore. That's not what's happening though. He's just giving up unforced errors... some are beachballs. And there's just no excuse for that.

Reactions: PhysicX

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
Except that if you make a comparison to a forward, Price would have had a hat-trick with some of the insane saves he's made. He would also have made some dumb defensive blunders, but those always are easier to sweep under the rug as a player because you put points on the board.
Price makes highlight saves with 2 blunders, well, that's all people focus on.

Again, not arguing he's been good, but the hate is comical as well.

Some of the big saves were in OT where it shouldn’t have been if he made a simple save when it was 4-3.

Then he goes and blows yet another shootout.

zx81

Aug 2, 2005
Bergie already acted. He got julien 2 top 10 goal scorers in the league right now. Jake Allen who’s posting a 2.04 GAA. And edmundson one of the leaders in +\-

and this is how julien has them playing

Not a big fan of bergie but what more does Julien want. Matthews!?

MB has another move he needs to make.
Fire CJ and KM

nhlfan9191

Aug 4, 2010
Habs have lost too many games where they’ve scored 4+ goals this season due to Price giving up stinkers.

As a Price fan, I’m unsure of what to think at the moment. He hasn’t frustrated me this much since the 18 season. I’d honestly give Allen a couple of back to back starts to see if that lights a spark in Carey. At the end of the day, Price is the guy we need to get going if we’re to be successful.

Reactions: PhysicX

V13

Score First , Grind Hard , No Mercy
Sep 21, 2005
This team has a 0% chance to win the cup....they are not even in the conversation of one of the 10 best teams in the NHL...just gut this team and rebuild.

A true rebuild is what this team needed since 1996. But they never had the balls to do it because...well you know....th greatest hockey franchise in history...24 cups etc etc

But when you take a look at history around the league you quickly realize that most teams who won the cup since 2000 have been through a rebuild and landed superstars through the draft.

Montreal has build around a goalie since Patrick Roy. It simply does not work in this era

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad