Post-Game Talk: Habs lose two straight to Ottawa

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

EXPOS123

Jun 29, 2010
For a tank to work the whole front office needs to be blown up. Scouting is a major problem with the team.

tanking won’t do the team any good if they’re going to pick studs like Galchenyuk or KK with their great picks. Everyone involved in scouting needs to GTFO first.
Been saying this forever, but i keep being told we " turned the corner the last 3 drafts !".

Yet i was told the same last year, and the year before, and the year before that, and the year before that, etc....

Reactions: Gjman2019 and the

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
sXRxGH6.gif

expy

Nov 2, 2010
I don’t think it’s concerning. He was god awful tonight. But he’s not this bad. It’s all mental with him and we’ve seen this several times the last 3 years. What is concerning is the rest of the team. There’s just something unsettling with them and I don’t think they’re going to fix anything with Julien as coach.
Habs have lost too many games where they’ve scored 4+ goals this season due to Price giving up stinkers.

zx81

Aug 2, 2005
I have a few thoughts about all this losing maybe ending up being a good thing but these thoughts aren't permitted here and I don't want to get in trouble so go Habs go.

A regulation loss would have been better.
And no it's not tanking talk.
It's all about forcing MB to act before it's too late.

Reactions: Yoor

Hins77

Apr 2, 2013
This isn't about losing a game or almost winning it apart from a questionable goalie interference call.

If this team wants to be considered a good team you cannot have ottawa be that close.

Now...shit happens. Teams lose. Even good teams.

But we keep losing to Ottawa. No disrespect to them but they aren't very good and we should be able to beat them but haven't. Says something.
Agree. Maybe leafs lost against them. But they won most of their game and they are first on standings. Montreal had to bounce back against this team if they want to be considered like a good playoff team

LyricalLyricist

Aug 21, 2007
Montreal
Very very disappointed with the call.

Here's the positives. 2 points against the Sens out of 4... Basically same results as 1W and 1L. Still bad, but.. we got points... The loser point. Thank god.

After 18 games we have 22 points, 1 less than Winnipeg, 2 less than Edmonton with 2 games in hand, 3 more than Calgary with 1 game in hand... We are exactly where we're supposed to be. Next games are huge. If they find a way to win the next few games they could get away with that bad stretch.

Problem is if they got 2/4 points its one thing. They got 4. They outpaced us. Unacceptable.

Reactions: Alex1234

Miller Time

Sep 16, 2004
He's a better skater, and there's a lot of ice to cover. I get it.

There isn't a ton of options on defense. That's why I put Mete on our team over Kulak any day of the week, although that's not what will move the needle.

In theory, yes... In practice, even in the lineup, coaching staff didn't use him in that situation.

CJ looks stuck in a very old, outdated model of team/player management.

Reactions: Yoor and dinodebino

dinodebino

Sep 27, 2017
I'll toot my own horn here. Just like I was clamoring for O'Reilly while the board thought it was a fool's errand (lol), I would have given up KK+ for Dubois.
Why this argument? Jarmo didn't want him. I don't understand why you're all bringing this ridiculous argument. Jarmo knew that KK was no Dubois. Crisse, un aveugle peut voir ça.

Reactions: Runner77

Spring in Fialta

A malign star kept him
Apr 1, 2007
Montreal, QC
If Julien gets fired, the guy who immediately replaces will be interim. Don't think there's give a big contract to a coach unless you're certain Bergevin stays on, which should not be a given.

austin316

Oct 4, 2016
The thing that bothers me about Price (and he's my favorite player) is that there doesn't seem to be any fire or passion anymore. Very disappointing to watch.

Reactions: dnl4ever

durojean

May 29, 2007
The season is young, but if it continue like this. Price is a keeper who deserve around 5/6 millions a year. Right now at 10. Thats a big overpayment so thats bring a negative value on a cap era

Price as been an average goalie for the last 5 years.

He got paid on his value and not on his performances. I think he still holds value, We should have traded him the year we resigned him but we did not.

If the Habs continue their downfall, they need to trade him this year and get some value back even if we have to eat salary.

Cookie007

Mar 23, 2011
A regulation loss would have been better.
And no it's not tanking talk.
It's all about forcing MB to act before it's too late.

Bergie already acted. He got julien 2 top 10 goal scorers in the league right now. Jake Allen who’s posting a 2.04 GAA. And edmundson one of the leaders in +\-

and this is how julien has them playing

Not a big fan of bergie but what more does Julien want. Matthews!?

Reactions: dinodebino

Habs

I've almost had enough of you kids
Feb 28, 2002
You guys know we won that game right? That 'no goal' was an enormous pile of shit, and it would be nice if our GM would pick up the phone and voice his concerns over this shit. The toronto game, that was a goal.. this was a goal tonight. We won this game, someone up top hates this team.

Stive Morgan

Fatso forgot to shake my hand
Jul 25, 2011
British Columbia
For a tank to work the whole front office needs to be blown up. Scouting is a major problem with the team.

tanking won’t do the team any good if they’re going to pick studs like Galchenyuk or KK with their great picks. Everyone involved in scouting needs to GTFO first.
I could go for a second job, I'll send them my resumé

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad