Post-Game Talk: Habs lose two straight to Ottawa

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dharvey08

Jan 21, 2021
Price isn't losing us games, the team in front is playing terribly.
Having said that, Price isn't playing like an elite goalie and we should play Allen/Price 50/50 until one of them strings together some solid games and ride the hot goalie.

The season is too short to hope Price starts playing better, we need to have him compete to win the #1 spot because he ain't playing like one right now.
Allen has some of the best stats of the league what more proof do you need ?

Allen needs to start the next two games for sure

Reactions: dnl4ever

Cookie007

Mar 23, 2011
This season is in julien head. Atleast bergie went out and got him the guys he wanted. The toughness size goal scoring he wanted. Got rid of juliens problem in domi. And julien has danault play 18 mins. Bc haricot on the first pair. Things are rough man

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
Carey letting in that 4th goal and getting jobbed on our 5th goal is just..tough as a fan.., I feel like how Ottawa fans used to feel lol
Getting that goal called back was... epically bad.

Not just because it took what was a badly needed win away from us but it was just a flat out bad call.

Reactions: Gravity

LyricalLyricist

Aug 21, 2007
Montreal
I'm not arguing Price has been good mate, and I don't think any goalie is worth that money, had argued as much when he was an upcoming UFA.

But he's still not the problem. The team in front is playing like shit. It's like the moment Price allows a bad goal then fans forego the pathetic attempt at hockey put forth by the team in front.

I never said he was the ONLY problem.

All i said was he's not playing well and your best players need to be your best players. End of story.

Washington would be far more upset if Ovechkin plays badly than Eller. Common sense.

As I said in the other thread, Price entering next season at 34 playing this way with his contract would not be claimed by Seattle.

Jesker

May 8, 2010
Montreal
Very very disappointed with the call.

Here's the positives. 2 points against the Sens out of 4... Basically same results as 1W and 1L. Still bad, but.. we got points... The loser point. Thank god.

After 18 games we have 22 points, 1 less than Winnipeg, 2 less than Edmonton with 2 games in hand, 3 more than Calgary with 1 game in hand... We are exactly where we're supposed to be. Next games are huge. If they find a way to win the next few games they could get away with that bad stretch.

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
Lol... I get Danault... I even somewhat get Armia... I do not get Chiarot!

Guy has zero puck skills and zero creativity to his game, all that space amplifies his limitations something fierce.
He's a better skater, and there's a lot of ice to cover. I get it.

There isn't a ton of options on defense. That's why I put Mete on our team over Kulak any day of the week, although that's not what will move the needle.

Reactions: Miller Time

Cookie007

Mar 23, 2011
Allen plays tonight and we win. Crazy how the defence sucks when price is in nets but when Allen in net we only let 1-2 goals a game. The goalie is the problem!

Hullois

Suck it Trebek
Aug 26, 2010
Hull, Qc
The guys came out like they wanted Julien fired but then remembered they are hockey players and hate to lose and started playing.

But they came out in a must win game like they wanted Julien fired until Tkachuk woke them up.

They came out like they want Julien fired until Weber did his job as a captain because he had to.

Julien needs to go.

sheed36

Jan 8, 2005
No Man's Land
I have a few thoughts about all this losing maybe ending up being a good thing but these thoughts aren't permitted here and I don't want to get in trouble so go Habs go.

Reactions: PhysicX

Apoplectic Habs Fan

Aug 17, 2002
Mtl seems destined for the same results.

Suzuki has slowed and struggling
KK struggling, shows flashes
Romanov really struggling
Fleury is an uber driver

Meanwhile Weber and Price are aging out with no replacements
Expensive contracts

This whole so called rebuilding and development while competing hasnt worked for like 8 yrs and seems like it will continue

nhlfan9191

Aug 4, 2010
The most concerning thing for me is the defense and Price. Price has shown no signs of improvement. I'm a big fan of his, but he continues to be a below average goalie this year.

I don’t think it’s concerning. He was god awful tonight. But he’s not this bad. It’s all mental with him and we’ve seen this several times the last 3 years. What is concerning is the rest of the team. There’s just something unsettling with them and I don’t think they’re going to fix anything with Julien as coach.

Kimota

ROY DU NORD!!!
Nov 4, 2005
Les Plaines D'Abraham
8f6c0447af891903c9e8beff486f05ce.jpg

That's his strategy right there.

OnTheRun

/dev/null
May 17, 2014
Calm down guys. They will figure it out. Still believe in this team and coach.

That's 2 wins in the last 8 games. Watch them do absolutely nothing relevant and just hope to catch Winterpeg flat footed for the next game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad