Post-Game Talk: Habs lose to Detroit. One team showed up ready, the others left the goalie to dry.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Beendair Donedat

Don’t be a Jimmy Juice Arse
Dec 29, 2010
Truth or Consequences, NM
I expect the kid to play more tomorrow. At the same time, the ‘vets not happy to play with a rookie’ story is a thing. Vets HATE playing with pups. They hate being what Price called a ‘babysitter’.
Never understood that mentality.

They were rookies once too, you'd think that you'd remember where you came from. Most NHL Careers aren't that long.

SlafySZN

May 21, 2022
No, he’s elite because along with his great skill, he’s tough as nails and works his ass off. Dach has the skill but lacks the other two characteristics.

Where are you when Dach work his ass off in others team zones to protect the puck well and distribute it? it's not in your agenda so it doesn't count i guess.

Not my problem if a little funny push make you so mad.

durojean

May 29, 2007
10 minutes and no pp is not okay, might as well send him to Laval if it’s the way they want to handle him.

He might not be fully ready but he is already playing better than half of our « vets » Hoffman, Dvorak, Armia, Dadonov are all hot garbage and have completely checked out.
He is not playing better than them. He’s more protected.

SlafySZN

May 21, 2022
Yeah, Dach floats too much for my liking. He’s got skills, but he is avoiding the play instead of sticking his nose into it. Needs to look at Corey Perry videos.

Not avoiding the play or contact at all. If he wasn't there, there would be no pressure in other team's zones for the most part other than Suzuki and Caufield.

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
Where are you when Dach work his ass off in others team zones to protect the puck well and distribute it? it's not in your agenda so it doesn't count i guess.

Lol I’m clearly not the one taking offence here and I don’t have an agenda. I like Dach, but that video only shows us how soft he is for a 6’4 player, which is his biggest issue along with his butterfly shot.

dinodebino

Sep 27, 2017

I think he can do much more than that. He’s got a very astute hockey sense, you can see that. But aside from the boards play, he does not get involved too much in the dirty areas. He has the talent to be a very dangerous forward in the crease. Slick hands and brain. He needs to WANT to go there. He’s a pup. Let’s wait tho.

Reactions: Runner77

SlafySZN

May 21, 2022
Lol I’m clearly not the one taking offence here and I don’t have an agenda. I like Dach, but that video only shows us how soft he is for a 6’4 player, which is his biggest issue along with his butterfly shot.

He is soft because he's going at it with a ''tough as nails'' player from your own words. Make sense.

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada
The thing is the vets in this club are pretty terrible apart from a few exceptions

Which exception. Allen would be one if he was a number 2 but as a number 1 he's maybe not terrible but certainly not that far. Joel Edmundson and Matheson would be okay was 3rd and 4th guy but as 1st and 2nd they are closer to terrible than great. If you're number 1 is either Edmundson or Matheson you're in deep trouble.

durojean

May 29, 2007
Gallagher should never, and I mean NEVER ever ever ever
Ever, EVER

Ever ever ever
Be on a line with Slaf

Never, ever ever ever

Ever
Gallagher created a lot of chances for his line and hustled really hard tonight. Most of the time Slaf was nowhere to be seen with them and that in itself is a problem.

Your focusing too much on Slafs 2 flashes and not enough on the game overall.

I’d argue Dvorak is not a good center for Slaf. I’d rather a kid line.

• Haha
Reactions: Redux91

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
He is soft because he's going at it with a ''tough as nails'' player from your own words. Make sense.
What f***ing video are you watching? He stands there and is pushed around and the only time he does anything back to him is when Seider is busy jumping the boards. He literally takes 5-6 shots and does nothing.

SlafySZN

May 21, 2022
I think he can do much more than that. He’s got a very astute hockey sense, you can see that. But aside from the boards play, he does not get involved too much in the dirty areas. He has the talent to be a very dangerous forward in the crease. Slick hands and brain. He needs to WANT to go there. He’s a pup. Let’s wait tho.

What are the dirty areas if not the board, the slot and in front of the net?

What f***ing video are you watching? He stands there and is pushed around and the only time he does anything back to him is when Seider is busy jumping the boards. He literally takes 5-6 shots and does nothing.

Lol i think you should just relax. The push was funny that's it, my god i didn't know it would agitate people that much.

Reactions: the

RealityBytes

Trash Remover
Feb 11, 2013
The game is lost ... OK, but the worst of the night is Carey Price who gets $10.5M per year from the Habs to sit and do nothing, skips the Habs game and instead watches a Toronto team play basketball.

MasterD

Giggidy Giggidy Goo
Jul 1, 2004
The game is lost ... OK, but the worst of the night is Carey Price who gets $10.5M per year from the Habs to sit and do nothing, skips the Habs game and instead watches a Toronto team play basketball.
Who cares?

When you get injured or sick and are paid by your disability insurance, do you show up at work and watch your workmates work for 8 hours a day?

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Why did I watch that whole thing

sqZSbRN.gif

dinodebino

Sep 27, 2017
What are the dirty areas if not the board, the slot and in front of the net?

Lol i think you should just relax. The push was funny that's it, my god i didn't know it would agitate people that much.
Yeah, the slot. He’s got the talent and attributes for that.

dinodebino

Sep 27, 2017
He’s gone. He’s enjoying his goodbye party. And I’m not paying his 10M, neither are the Habs, at least not the whole 10M. All is good.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad