Post-Game Talk: Habs lose to Detroit. One team showed up ready, the others left the goalie to dry.

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

SlafySZN

May 21, 2022
Yeah, the slot. He’s got the talent and attributes for that.

Yeah and and he goes in the slot. But anyway, some people decided he was ''soft'' this summer and close their eyes during the games it seems like, won't change your minds, i won't start to argue because someone decided he wouldn't take a little joke.

Some people have a weird idea of 6'4 guys needing to be goons and get out of position to hit everything that moves.

dinodebino

Sep 27, 2017
Yeah and he goes in the slot. But anyway, some people decided he was ''soft'' this summer and close their eyes during the games it seems like, won't change your minds.
No actually I loved his camp. He did drive the net. He needs to do it more frequently is all. But he’s going to be fine. I have no problem with him. I like big, lanky kids.

Goldenhands

Slaf_The_Great
Sponsor
Aug 21, 2016
They looked like a totally different team tonight. They didn't have the energy or speed of the Toronto game and got hammered in the first.
Are you surprised? We lost all our pre-season games, so the team had to react and offer a very strong effort for the opener and it gave a win over a sad Leafs team. But the season will be extremmely painful, the D is just way too brutal and you have some washed up vets in the mix. As long as St-Louis play the kids, fans will be happy, now its time to free Slaf from that ballmachine Gallagher is and play him on the top 6.

Goldenhands

Slaf_The_Great
Sponsor
Aug 21, 2016
Sam is the MVP of the Habs. Not that you did, but I will not allow any level of disrespect to be directed towards him.on this board. In 10 years time, he'll be remembered for helping to revive the Habs to their former glory
Haha good point. I should have more respect for our MVP, indeed.

• Haha
Reactions: dinodebino

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
For those who missed the game, Allen was spectacular. Only really gave up one goal. The other two Wings markers were empty netters scored within approx. the last minute of the game.

Reactions: Habs10Habs

dinodebino

Sep 27, 2017
I’ve always HATED those when the Habs were competitive because they faced teams who displayed more passion than usual. Detroit proved it in the first. Ugh.

Dach and Barron.
Yes for a rebuild. Dach will be worth more than both when he gets to be Lekhy’s age. I like Dach’s elusiveness and long stick (I know, I know…)

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
Yeah and and he goes in the slot. But anyway, some people decided he was ''soft'' this summer and close their eyes during the games it seems like, won't change your minds, i won't start to argue because someone decided he wouldn't take a little joke.

Some people have a weird idea of 6'4 guys needing to be goons and get out of position to hit everything that moves.
It wasn’t decided that we was soft this summer. It’s been known he’s been soft since before his draft. I also don’t want him to be a goon, not sure where you got that idea. But ask yourself how 5’9 Gallagher would react if Seider pushed him like that. Would he have just taken it like Dach? No chance in hell. So why is a 6’4 player just taking it like he’s some elementary school nerd? Stand up for yourself and show some grit for once. That’s what is expected from a top player or else everyone will just do this shit to him his whole career.

SlafySZN

May 21, 2022
I’ve always HATED those when the Habs were competitive because they faced teams who displayed more passion than usual. Detroit proved it in the first. Ugh.

Yes for a rebuild. Dach will be worth more than both when he gets to be Lekhy’s age. I like Dach’s elusiveness and long stick (I know, I know…)

:eek2:

But yes i take Dach any day before Romanov plus knowing we have Guhle who’s already better. And Lehkonen is obviously better than Barron now but we don’t need ‘’now’’ and it’s longer for defenders to develop.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
So what did Martin have to say tonight? Dis he feel bad for Slaf again?
It was a short presser, nothing about Slaf.

Said he didn’t like the game. Wings brought a lot of pressure and physicality and were on top of the play in the first period but noted that his players did not respond well to that.

However, he liked how his team played in the 3rd, they showed more pace and momentum. Also gave props to Allen, as you’d expect after the performance he had.

Said that this being the opener for Detroit and the first game for their new coach also played a part in the Wings’ performance.

MasterD

Giggidy Giggidy Goo
Jul 1, 2004
It wasn’t decided that we was soft this summer. It’s been known he’s been soft since before his draft. I also don’t want him to be a goon, not sure where you got that idea. But ask yourself how 5’9 Gallagher would react if Seider pushed him like that. Would he have just taken it like Dach? No chance in hell. So why is a 6’4 player just taking it like he’s some elementary school nerd? Stand up for yourself and show some grit for once. That’s what is expected from a top player or else everyone will just do this shit to him his whole career.
How tall/big are you?

I'm 6'2'', too heavy to count. If I get hit, I don't need to retaliate, cause I barely budged.

A guy like Gallagher has to retaliate, cause he could get hurt.

Being Dach's size doesn't mean you have to answer to every big hit, just means you can take them. He does need to learn to absorb a hit properly, though, or he'll get hurt or spend a lot of time on his ass.

Reactions: the and SlafySZN

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad