Post-Game Talk: Habs lose to Detroit. One team showed up ready, the others left the goalie to dry.

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

ReimanSum1908

Feb 23, 2012
Montreal
Why does Burrows still have a job ?

He has failed to produce even a halfway decent pp in his tenure.
See, his problem is that we need more back passes. Only one back pass? Nonsense. We need to think outside the box. Be progressive. Innovate. Two back passes on every rush and zone entry attempt.

Reactions: zx81

SlafySZN

May 21, 2022
That’s what you get from it? What it shows me is why one of them is already an elite player and the other is a question mark.
Lol you should laugh a little.

Seider is an elite player because another player push his butt on the bench.

Junohockeyfan

Dec 16, 2018
I don't understand why teams don't try the left wing lock where you lob it high and into the left corner and 3 players chase it down (a right-shot player goes down low, a left-shot player hugs the boards and a 3rd player goes for the hit.

Reactions: DailyKaizen

JoelWarlord

May 7, 2012
Halifax
Looks like the refs gave Seider the Shea Weber Interference Pass tonight. Makes sense, the NHL probably doesn't want people to realize that this guy everyone's hyping up as a top 15D in the NHL already can't actually defend 👀

Dharvey08

Jan 21, 2021
I expect the kid to play more tomorrow. At the same time, the ‘vets not happy to play with a rookie’ story is a thing. Vets HATE playing with pups. They hate being what Price called a ‘babysitter’.
The thing is the vets in this club are pretty terrible apart from a few exceptions

ReimanSum1908

Feb 23, 2012
Montreal
As I am one of Slafkovsky's greatest detractors, it seems odd for me to say this, but I found this to be one of the best performances of his career; there were issues to pick apart, as there are with any player, but nothing glaring as in past games.

Reactions: jrom

Hins77

Apr 2, 2013
Hoffman, gallagher, dadonov, dvorak. Thats really hard to watch…. I remeber when I considered Gally as an effective top 6 forward. Since 2 years, he is literrally a 4th liner forecheker on 6,5millions contract. Sad

durojean

May 29, 2007
Trying to manage Slaf's minutes on the first of a back to back because he looked bad on the 2nd night during that preseason b2b? Either way sucks to see him play so little but he had a few nice flashes
Patience. It’s 2 games. He won’t p’ay 10 minutes a game for all the season and even if he does it’s ok.

I’d like to see a Anderson Dach Slafkovsky line.

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
Lol you should laugh a little.

Seider is an elite player because another player push his butt on the bench.
No, he’s elite because along with his great skill, he’s tough as nails and works his ass off. Dach has the skill but lacks the other two characteristics.

dinodebino

Sep 27, 2017
Except they were all that young pup at one time & had babysitters of their own.
It’s a thing though. We have to admit it. Weber hated to babysit Romy. Same happened to KK. And Price is as as honest as they come.

It’s not a Montreal thing, it’s a pro sports thing. Unless the kid goes Caufield-wild, they won’t want to play with a kid. All pro athletes feel they should be paired or play with the elite. Not some discombobulated skating kiddo.

durojean

May 29, 2007
Hoffman, gallagher, dadonov, dvorak. Thats really hard to watch…. I remeber when iI considered Gally as an effe tive top 6 forward. Right now, he is literrally a 4th liner forecheker on 6,5millions contract. Sad
Gallagher at least worked hard tonight and created some chances for himself. Hoffman was a liablility.

Dadonov really was not that bad. I feel like he get a bad rep for not that much. I actually feel he would be a better fit for Suzuki and Caufield than Anderson because he can slow the dgame
Down and control the pace.

Reactions: MarkovsKnee

SlafySZN

May 21, 2022
As I am one of Slafkovsky's greatest detractors, it seems odd for me to say this, but I found this to be one of the best performances of his career; there were issues to pick apart, as there are with any player, but nothing glaring as in past games.

His game against Toronto was better i found he touched the puck more, but it was because Gallagher and Dvorak played better too. I thought they were holding him back a little tonight, not really Dvorak but Gallagher.

Dharvey08

Jan 21, 2021
Patience. It’s 2 games. He won’t p’ay 10 minutes a game for all the season and even if he does it’s ok.

I’d like to see a Anderson Dach Slafkovsky line.
10 minutes and no pp is not okay, might as well send him to Laval if it’s the way they want to handle him.

He might not be fully ready but he is already playing better than half of our « vets » Hoffman, Dvorak, Armia, Dadonov are all hot garbage and have completely checked out.

Kennerback

Jun 2, 2021
His game against Toronto was better i found he touched the puck more, but it was because Gallagher and Dvorak played better too. I thought they were holding him back a little tonight, not really Dvorak but Gallagher.
Gallagher won’t even get out of his zone if they take away Slafkofsky. I think it could accelerate changes

Reactions: the and MarkovsKnee

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad