Post-Game Talk: Habs lose to Detroit. One team showed up ready, the others left the goalie to dry.

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Beendair Donedat

Juice Arse 2.0
Dec 29, 2010
Truth or Consequences, NM
Jake Allen getting the ole Carey Price treatment already.

Rough game for most of them other than "the Snake" in net who stood on his head.

This is what we expected, we can't start complaining now. There were some positives things, lets try to focus on those. And as much as I love Xhekaj, he's struggling with the pace of the game at times, maybe a couple more games than down to the AHL for some seasoning. I still think he will be a large part of this team's future, just needs some polishing that comes with playing a ton in all situations.

Harris is becoming a very underrated, effective defenseman.

Savard has turned into arguably our best defenseman (which I know isn't saying a lot right now)

Guhle continues to impress.

Monahan seems to have a lot of jump and makes things happen around the net.

Dach has a ton of potential. Hopefully he puts it all together, he doesn't look that far away by times.

There's some good stuff here too, let's not forget that...

StCaufield

Mar 14, 2022
The turnaround has just started. Your suffering will last another four years. Might as well buy a punching bag to vent because it has just begun.

I’m interested in seeing the kids. The rest doesn’t interest me. Disappointed that the coach only played Slaf 9 minutes two days after apologizing to media for having Slaf on the ice for 10 minutes! 😂😂😂
If you’re interested you wouldn’t have watched something else lol which one is it. Oh HF boards

dinodebino

Sep 27, 2017
I think they give him 9 games then send him down. He needs to be playing regular shifts & on the PP. And considering his reach & ability to clear the zone, he should get pk time too.
Martin said that he wont play him much on PP. He’s going to get sent down shortly, I suspect.

It’s an 82GP marathon season not a sprint.

Slaf will slowly be brought along.

The biggest aspect of development learning this year will be to not get too high after wins or too low after losses
Say that to our gang! 😂😂

ROEN

Writes for Habsworld
Feb 18, 2008
www.habsworld.net
The Wings intensity discombobulated the Habs, if you put that much pressure on a young team they start rushing the play and the vets lose sight of the puck and can't predict where it's supposed to end up, classic example tonight ... The solution is simple ... TIME ... the more these kids play NHL minutes, the less they get phased by massive differences in tempo and learn to slow the game down.

It will come ... it just takes time ...

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
For me, he needs to play 12 minutes.

A 10 minute game followed by a 9 minute game isn't going to cut it.

If he got PP time, it would help his ice time, but MSL doesn't think he's ready for that, or something, because you know our PP is just so amazing. :help:
They did have Guhle starting on a second wave later in the game. Baby steps...

I don't want them to get that high of draft pick. 11-14 is fine.
Fizz out on the bubble.

Reactions: MarkovsKnee

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
So, Harris worked for Uber Eats to get through university:

Not that unusual for players trying to make it, to have to take odd jobs in the interim.

What would really impress me is a Bell Centre scalper signing an NHL contract.

dinodebino

Sep 27, 2017
If you’re interested you wouldn’t have watched something else lol which one is it. Oh HF boards
I saw the first and switched. I knew it was going to be that type of game. It’s easy to predict : a very young defensive corps will have a boatload of problems with teams that pressure down low.

Good learning experience for the lads. On my side, I come and go. Like the wind.

Are you like Louis from Mercier, going gung-ho on the Habs? You’re a rabid fan. Good for you. I’m a fan. Not as rabid as I was when a younger pup. I’ve learned that there is more important stuff in life than RDS or TVA Spanre. Tonight was one of them.

Also, if you would have been a longstanding member of this forum, you would know my habits when the team is on the road. The older posters here know.

dinodebino

Sep 27, 2017
I expect the kid to play more tomorrow. At the same time, the ‘vets not happy to play with a rookie’ story is a thing. Vets HATE playing with pups. They hate being what Price called a ‘babysitter’.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad