Post-Game Talk: Habs lose to Detroit. One team showed up ready, the others left the goalie to dry.

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Saundies

Fly On The Wall
Jun 8, 2012
NB, Canada
Can't wait to watch Ovechkin's hat-trick tomorrow. I feel bad for Monty

giphy.gif
I don't, I have Ovi on my fantasy team.

Suzuki wasn’t good tonight. Missed some key passes.
Agreed, rare off night for the lad. I'll chalk it up to maybe trying to do too much.

Reactions: SlafySZN

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
Montreal got better as game went on. After a 25-10 shot advantage in 1st by Detroit, it finished 40-29.

Montreal had chances in 3rd, but couldn't get it done.

Harris, Guhle & Savard played great.

Allen was unbelievable.

Slafkovsky needs better linemates. Gallagher worked & skated hard, but his hands are done.

Dvorak just exists as a player.

Caufield was quiet.

Suzuki has had better games. He whiffed on a clear shot then screwed up a backpass for Detroit's 1st ENG.

Not an unexpected loss.

dinodebino

Sep 27, 2017
Not watching more than a period (preferred watching something else with you he GF), and reading this post-game thread, I wonder what you guys were expecting this season??? This is a bad team, with three rookies at the blue line, one of which is asked to play like a first D!

Garbageyuk

Dec 19, 2016
Pretty sobering. This is the real team and that’s ok. We need another high pick.

Our impact players are probably going to be:

Suzuki
Caufield
Guhle

They aren’t going to win too many games, no matter how good those first two are, and the other one is a rookie. Gonna be a long season, but I’m ok with that.

StCaufield

Mar 14, 2022
Your blaming Gally but not the rest of the team on the ice?!? LOL
No as a team offensively it was bad but watching your first overall pick play with a guy who can’t pass or receive one and is falling everywhere screaming “skate” to Slaf when he can’t is annoying. He’s not even 1/4 of the player he used to be yet he’s treated like royalty

SlafySZN

May 21, 2022
Montreal got better as game went on. After a 25-10 shot advantage in 1st by Detroit, it finished 40-29.

Montreal had chances in 3rd, but couldn't get it done.

Harris, Guhle & Savard played great.

Allen was unbelievable.

Slafkovsky needs better linemates. Gallagher worked & skated hard, but his hands are done.

Dvorak just exists as a player.

Caufield was quiet.

Suzuki has had better games. He whiffed on a clear shot then screwed up a backpass for Detroit's 1st ENG.

Not an unexpected loss.

4 shot on goal for Caufield where at least 2 where very good chances but Husso made the saves. Anderson had the better chance but again, Husso did the job.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad