Post-Game Talk: Habs lose to Detroit. One team showed up ready, the others left the goalie to dry.

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Et le But

Nov 28, 2010
New York
Dvorak exists is a good way to describe his game.

The lack of puck moving talent on the defense is already catching up with us. We're never going to be able to control games without more talent on the blueline.

Anyway not a terrible loss, Detroit might actually be decent, but the inability to get anything going offensively is bringing back bad flashbacks of well, the last decade of Habs hockey.

OnTheRun

/dev/null
May 17, 2014
Not watching more than a period (preferred watching something else with you he GF), and reading this post-game thread, I wonder what you guys were expecting this season??? This is a bad team, with three rookies at the blue line, one of which is asked to play like a first D!

But but, I was told we were unbeatable after that one win last game!

Reactions: dinodebino

JoelWarlord

May 7, 2012
Halifax
This kind of game is exactly why they extended Allen. Montembeault is in net and it's 4-0 after the 1st and the entire rest of the game is just garbage time where nobody learns anything. Instead it was a tight game right until the empty netters at the end and guys were playing hard the entire time. Much better development environment and atmosphere going into tomorrow's game vs. having a scrub in net and getting blown out tonight.

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
Why does Burrows still have a job ?

He has failed to produce even a halfway decent pp in his tenure.

Three rookie coaches and it shows for sure.

I like MSL’s passion but he is still very green.

Hoffman and Dadonov must be mowing MSL lawn otherwise I don’t understand what they are still doing in this team. We won’t get jack shit for them at the deadline just dump them now.

Slaf should have gotten way more ice time, 9 minutes ? 9 minutes ? The f*** is that.
Hinting at Laval for sure. If we can't give him 15 minutes what is the use. No PP No PK just chasing down dump ins.

SlafySZN

May 21, 2022
He's struggling with his skating it's very evident. He's behind on a lot of plays which in turn leaves him less time to create. His line mis-handled the puck as a whole most of the night. Credit Detroit's D some for closing them down.

Yeah, not a knock on Suzuki, his errors were only more evident because it’s at bigger moments of the game but like you said we don’t know if he’s 100% healthy yet.

Justin11

Jan 16, 2009
Montréal
Montreal got better as game went on. After a 25-10 shot advantage in 1st by Detroit, it finished 40-29.

Montreal had chances in 3rd, but couldn't get it done.

Harris, Guhle & Savard played great.

Allen was unbelievable.

Slafkovsky needs better linemates. Gallagher worked & skated hard, but his hands are done.

Dvorak just exists as a player.

Caufield was quiet.

Suzuki has had better games. He whiffed on a clear shot then screwed up a backpass for Detroit's 1st ENG.

Not an unexpected loss.
summed it up perfectly

FLHabs

Send all your underacheiving prospects!!
Feb 18, 2017
Gallagher should never, and I mean NEVER ever ever ever
Ever, EVER

Ever ever ever
Be on a line with Slaf

Never, ever ever ever

Ever

Yea I get what your saying haha, but you need a vet presence on that line. I was just switching the centers but you could also replace Gallagher with Monahan hehe

• Haha
Reactions: the and Redux91

StCaufield

Mar 14, 2022
Not watching more than a period (preferred watching something else with you he GF), and reading this post-game thread, I wonder what you guys were expecting this season??? This is a bad team, with three rookies at the blue line, one of which is asked to play like a first D!
I guess you should disable your account then. Nobody here expects them to do much of anything but glaring horrific play from men in their 30’s gets annoying

Ghetto Sangria

Apr 14, 2009
Dunno what ppl are expecting to watch this season. Seeing Ghule and Harris out there is awesome. They are playing very well. Slaf and AX need to go to Laval asap.

Swap Hoffman for Drouin at this point. He’s fkn useless.

Guys… rookies playing well in a losing effort is the best result we can ask for this season. Adjust expectations lol

zx81

Aug 2, 2005
Suzuki wasn’t good tonight. Missed some key passes.

Gallagher is working hard but man he lose the puck everytime or pass to his opponent lol.

Gally is clearly faster and has more stamina than last season but yeah he can't make a freaking pass. The whole line should be dismantled . It will help the 3 players. They don't complement well at all.

StCaufield

Mar 14, 2022
Yea I get what your saying haha, but you need a vet presence on that line. I was just switching the centers but you could also replace Gallagher with Monahan hehe
The vet presence is overrated. Exhibit A

Apoplectic Habs Fan

Aug 17, 2002
Less Hoffman, Less Dadonov

Start giving youth the PP time. I rather see Harris, Guhle over Wideman

Slaf over gutless vets

Let Pez be physical over Dadonov floating aimlessly

Fricking surgically repaired Monaham is light yrs better then stank face Dvorak

Harris had a strong game

Allen - nothing needs to be said

Kennerback

Jun 2, 2021
Less Hoffman, Less Dadonov

Start giving youth the PP time. I rather see Harris, Guhle over Wideman

Slaf over gutless vets

Let Pez be physical over Dadonov floating aimlessly

Fricking surgically repaired Monaham is light yrs better then stank face Dvorak

Harris had a strong game

Allen - nothing needs to be said
Hoffman and Dadonov are finished. Might as well give Drouin a try. Anyone else in the stands?

dinodebino

Sep 27, 2017
I guess you should disable your account then. Nobody here expects them to do much of anything but glaring horrific play from men in their 30’s gets annoying
The turnaround has just started. Your suffering will last another three years. Might as well buy a punching bag to vent because it has just begun.

I’m interested in seeing the kids. The rest doesn’t interest me. Disappointed that the coach only played Slaf 9 minutes two days after apologizing to media for having Slaf on the ice for 10 minutes! 😂😂😂

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad