Post-Game Talk: Habs lose to Detroit. One team showed up ready, the others left the goalie to dry.

Kennerback

Juraj NoShootsky
Jun 2, 2021
How tall/big are you?

I'm 6'2'', too heavy to count. If I get hit, I don't need to retaliate, cause I barely budged.

A guy like Gallagher has to retaliate, cause he could get hurt.

Being Dach's size doesn't mean you have to answer to every big hit, just means you can take them. He does need to learn to absorb a hit properly, though, or he'll get hurt or spend a lot of time on his ass.
Don’t know exactly why, but apparently he was the forward that was hit the most in the NHL last season. It’s in his best interest to bulk up as much as possible.

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
How tall/big are you?

I'm 6'2'', too heavy to count. If I get hit, I don't need to retaliate, cause I barely budged.

A guy like Gallagher has to retaliate, cause he could get hurt.

Being Dach's size doesn't mean you have to answer to every big hit, just means you can take them. He does need to learn to absorb a hit properly, though, or he'll get hurt or spend a lot of time on his ass.
I never said he has to fight back because he’s 6’4. He should show some fight regardless of his size. Being 6’4 just makes the decision not to defend himself or really battle even more baffling since he’s bigger than most players.

Reactions: Habs10Habs

MasterD

Giggidy Giggidy Goo
Jul 1, 2004
Dach & Barron

Or

Romanov & Lehkonen

?????
Romanov is a physical #5 that brings very little offense and Lehkonen is a super hard working, not so skilled winger 3rd liner that is very useful in the playoffs.

I'll take a 6'4'' 21 y/o talented C and a talented smooth skating (pre-ankles injury anyway) 20 y/o 6'2'' RHD anyday of the week before them, yes.

Reactions: SlafySZN

SlafySZN

May 21, 2022
It wasn’t decided that we was soft this summer. It’s been known he’s been soft since before his draft. I also don’t want him to be a goon, not sure where you got that idea. But ask yourself how 5’9 Gallagher would react if Seider pushed him like that. Would he have just taken it like Dach? No chance in hell. So why is a 6’4 player just taking it like he’s some elementary school nerd? Stand up for yourself and show some grit for once. That’s what is expected from a top player or else everyone will just do this shit to him his whole career.

He has way more grit that you give him credit for and many others could approve but you won’t change your idea. I’ll leave it at that.

MasterD

Giggidy Giggidy Goo
Jul 1, 2004
I never said he has to fight back because he’s 6’4. He should show some fight regardless of his size. Being 6’4 just makes the decision not to defend himself or really battle even more baffling since he’s bigger than most players.

Like I said, probably just doesn't feel the need to.

calder candidate

Feb 25, 2003
Montreal
Visit site
Just saw the highlight doesn't really make me want to watch the game... seem like we didn't that many chances and Allen stud on is head... 2 empty net goals.

Why is Slaf in the NHL if we are giving him 9-10min a game, he only has 9 game before he burn a year of contract send him down to the AHL right now bring him back for the last 7 games...

SlafySZN

May 21, 2022
Like I said, probably just doesn't feel the need to.

I don’t really know what they want, he gets in scrums, agitate players from the other teams every game, use his size to protect the puck along the boards in tight areas.

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
He has way more grit that you give him credit for and many others could approve but you won’t change your idea. I’ll leave it at that.
Sure he does. Your video proves otherwise despite you saying he somehow won the tussle because of the push at the end

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
I don’t really know what they want, he gets in scrums, agitate players from the other teams every game, use his size to protect the puck along the boards in tight areas.
Yes he uses his size to protect the puck. He doesn’t agitate players or get in scrums, not sure what you’re watching. And that would be fine if he attacked the front of the net or pushed guys off pucks along the boards, but he doesn’t really do that either. He stick checks and defers to the outside.

Last edited:

SlafySZN

May 21, 2022
Yes he uses his size to protect the puck. He doesn’t agitate players or get in scrums, not sure what you’re watching. And that would be fine if he attacked the front of the net or pushed guys off pucks along the boards, but he doesn’t really do that either. He stick checks and defers to the outside.

He does agitate players and isn’t afraid of being in scrums, watch closely. He gets in front of the net often.

That is my last comment about this. All that in this thread for a simple funny joke.

Reactions: Rob Sense

Shred

Nov 1, 2005
Stand up for yourself and show some grit for once. That’s what is expected from a top player or else everyone will just do this shit to him his whole career.
Yup, because no one ever bullies Gallagher since he stands up for himself. Maybe Dach would just rather play hockey and keep his focus and energy on the game.

Habs

Always cheerful, happy and pleasant.
Feb 28, 2002
Just saw the highlight doesn't really make me want to watch the game... seem like we didn't that many chances and Allen stud on is head... 2 empty net goals.

Why is Slaf in the NHL if we are giving him 9-10min a game, he only has 9 game before he burn a year of contract send him down to the AHL right now bring him back for the last 7 games...

Why are Pitlick and Dadanov on the team?

Reactions: dinodebino

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
Yup, because no one ever bullies Gallagher since he stands up for himself. Maybe Dach would just rather play hockey and keep his focus and energy on the game.
You actually think they would do it as often if he was 6’4 with the same temper? Did you see lots of players bully Getzlaf? Because he wasn’t much of a physical player, but if someone went too far, he did something about it. That kind of respect goes a long way and opens your game up a bit.

Anyways, I didn’t want to make a big thing about it. I just think it’s the difference between a go-to 1C and and 2C. You’re going have to show more physicality if you want to be the top centre. Dach doesn’t have that mentality so hopefully he can become a good 2C.

Last edited:

golffuul

Oct 24, 2011
Red Wings fan coming in peace. I really loved the way you guys played all night. Score was not indicative of how hard fought a game it was. The Habs have a much deeper team than most people realize and I really hope Montreal-Detroit become the new "rivalry" matchup for the foreseeable future.

dasahgah

Jul 14, 2022
Habs are a counter-attack based team and there were no counters available tonight due to Detroit dumping and trapping us to sleep. Toronto just gave us rush after rush

Reactions: jrom and salbutera

RationalExpectations

May 12, 2019
Allen : great game
Savard and Harris : very good
Gally, Evans : acceptable
The rest : bad

Games like this are going to be part of the process unfortunately.

RationalExpectations

May 12, 2019
Habs are a counter-attack based team and there were no counters available tonight due to Detroit dumping and trapping us to sleep. Toronto just gave us rush after rush
Has been the issue for years, they don‘t generate danger when in possession of the puck

Pickles

Apr 25, 2017
In the jar'o
Are you surprised? We lost all our pre-season games, so the team had to react and offer a very strong effort for the opener and it gave a win over a sad Leafs team. But the season will be extremmely painful, the D is just way too brutal and you have some washed up vets in the mix. As long as St-Louis play the kids, fans will be happy, now its time to free Slaf from that ballmachine Gallagher is and play him on the top 6.
Not really surprised with the loss more that they were shutout. I got used to seeing Caufield score every game :laugh:. Slaf should be playing with Dach and Monahan imo. The line he's on is more of a grinder line and it's not clicking at all right now.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad