Post-Game Talk: Habs Laff last! Youngin's put on a show for the win!

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
Very small sample size from him but he brings speed and tenacity,which JD,MH,ED do not imo. If this is the most Gallagher can bring,maybe Ylonen should get a fair look.

If we can get rid of one of the 3 amigoes and open up a roster spot, I think they take a long look at RHP.

Heineman & RHP are both close to making it as middle 6 & bottom 6 wingers, respectively.

Currently, Hoffman & Dadonov/Drouin are using 2 spots in the lineup.

Reactions: rik schau

Natey

GOATS
Sponsor
Aug 2, 2005
Offense look pretty good
Anderson is the kind of player that doesn’t usually make is linemates better or do anything until he score but tonight he was pretty noticeable. Suzuki and CC are such a good duo that they can carry him even when he doesn’t bring anything every shift.

Dach was great, Monahan was good, Hoffman didn’t seem to fit but he is a streaky player.

They both had good games but I don’t see the fit with Gallagher and Dvorak, I think they should swap Hoffman and Gallagher I think both lines would benefit.

Slaf did ok but once Armia back and we need to keep giving Dadonov and Drouin chance to improve there value… I think the AHL is best for him to keep developing is offensive skills he can’t be only playing 10min a game.

Dadonov, Evans and Pitlick just didn’t seem to click with has a line, Pitlick and Evans should bounce back. That Dadonov turn over was bad but I wasn’t mad I was hoping for OT, Dadonov leading the tank.

Anderson Suzuki CC
Monahan Dach Gallagher
Hoffman Dvorak Armia
Pitlick Evans Drouin

Defence
Kovacevic was a lot better than I expected not perfect but more than acceptable, definitely a great waiver pick up.

Gulhe is a stud not much more to say. He definitely our best D especially with Matheson injured.

Harris was good and smart

Xhekaj wasn’t perfect but perfectly acceptable.

Savard was good even if he tried to do a bit too much sometime.

Wideman not much to say he just placeholder

Allen will give us a shot to win and keep us in the game on most night.

This is a bad start for the tank, the youth and positive momentum will definitely carry us to a few too many win and probably take us out of the top 3 /top5
Good thing the draft is insane this year.

Zach Benson is predicted to go closer to 10th overall and the kid had 63 points in 58 games, to go with 23 points in 15 playoff games. He's got 9 points in 6 games to start the year this season.

Hell, on top of that you've got defenseman Nate Danielson who was a PPG last year or Ethan Gauthier who started this season with 14 points in 7 games, who are both ranked outside the top-10 currently.

And even further, you have guys like Koehn Ziemmer, who is rated near the end of the 1st round, who has posted 12 points in 7 games to start the season.

This draft insane. Yeah, Bedard would be awesome. But if the kids grow so much that they force us into "settling for a player like" Zach Benson... I'm not going to lose much sleep.

Natey

GOATS
Sponsor
Aug 2, 2005
That's how his name is pronounced lol
Yes, I know. But I mean people are typing "Jackeye" on the fourm. I just don't get it, so I thought I'd ask lol
"Xhekaj" is pronounced "Jackeye".

What the hell have you been calling him?

Although, truthfully, I tend to call him Zay-jack. No idea why.
I've been calling him by his name. But I guess I just don't understand why some people are typing Jackeye lol

So I assumed there had to be some kind of inside joke I was missing.

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
Yes, I know. But I mean people are typing "Jackeye" on the fourm. I just don't get it, so I thought I'd ask lol

I've been calling him by his name. But I guess I just don't understand why some people are typing Jackeye lol

So I assumed there had to be some kind of inside joke I was missing.

Oh, no, people just like the look of it I think.

hvac412

Apr 15, 2013
Great game all around, going to have to get one of these for Marty's Christmas stocking , looked like he had a hard time seeing the winning goal :D
16656373196418105760617536502985.jpg

Reactions: Walksss

HabsAddict

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
X...i love you but...three mistakes. Do not let a guy behind you. If you don't know that by now, COSTCO wants you back. Be smarter.

Dudenov...sit your butt down. Healthy scratch.

Guhle..captain steady.

Slaf...yes, you can touch someone. You won't melt. You're not going to be something unless you use you huge body to fight for the puck.

Dach...impressed

CC...dare we dream 50?

Suzuki...effective but quiet.

Only one disappointment tonight with Dandenov and it's a continuation of his exhibition games.

Habs10Habs

Retired
Sponsor
Aug 22, 2006
I've been here longer than you jaffy, so please don't patronize me.

We're in the midst of the biggest scandals regarding sexual harassment in the history of hockey and the whole point im making is that making "jokes" about your octogenarian grandpa wanting his dick played with by a girl who's young enough to be his great grand daughter is exactly the sort of thing that is currently part of the problem. Can you think it? Sure! Do you need to tell the world about it??? I mean it's just a tiny bit of common sense and maybe just... Think twice before posting? I dunno.

Some of you guys are genuinely funny. And I've enjoyed this board since 2002. But at some point, ya gotta start thinking that maybe, just maybe your dick joke doesn't need sharing.
I understand that you're offended. I apologize for that. My intention for sharing this was I felt it was funny. Not to offend anyone. Though the fact that you're mentioning what my uncle said, in the same conversation as these sexual harassment scandals...is mind blowing. One is a criminal offense; I think you can figure out which is which.

I don't plan on changing my style of posting. Since I don't feel I've broken any HFB rules. If I have, I'm sure a moderator will be contacting me shortly. In the meantime, I suggest for your sanity that you block me.

Walksss

Mar 26, 2013
I've been here longer than you jaffy, so please don't patronize me.

We're in the midst of the biggest scandals regarding sexual harassment in the history of hockey and the whole point im making is that making "jokes" about your octogenarian grandpa wanting his dick played with by a girl who's young enough to be his great grand daughter is exactly the sort of thing that is currently part of the problem. Can you think it? Sure! Do you need to tell the world about it??? I mean it's just a tiny bit of common sense and maybe just... Think twice before posting? I dunno.

Some of you guys are genuinely funny. And I've enjoyed this board since 2002. But at some point, ya gotta start thinking that maybe, just maybe your dick joke doesn't need sharing.

Good lord cry more.

calder candidate

Feb 25, 2003
Montreal
Visit site
That opening ceremony was pretty very avg…

Zach Benson is predicted to go closer to 10th overall and the kid had 63 points in 58 games, to go with 23 points in 15 playoff games. He's got 9 points in 6 games to start the year this season.

Hell, on top of that you've got defenseman Nate Danielson who was a PPG last year or Ethan Gauthier who started this season with 14 points in 7 games, who are both ranked outside the top-10 currently.

And even further, you have guys like Koehn Ziemmer, who is rated near the end of the 1st round, who has posted 12 points in 7 games to start the season.

This draft insane. Yeah, Bedard would be awesome. But if the kids grow so much that they force us into "settling for a player like" Zach Benson... I'm not going to lose much sleep.
We should be in a position to draft a good player regardless but each 4pts may cost us 3-4 spots, so you are giving 2-3 teams a shot to steal the player you want and also lowering our odds to win the lottery. I doubt Benson make it past 9th, but we are getting 2-4 good prospect from the next draft with our we already have 3 top 50 pick and we might add some more.

Scintillating10

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia

Sounds like you really know your prospects. Benson looks real small. Danielson ppg already 18 don't blow me away. Looks like second round. Ziemmer nearly 2 ppg but headed for big negative player does that concern you? Gauthier could be somebody watch for though. I am hoping for Cameron Allen with our pick. Maybe Gauthier with Florida's? This team too good to be in Bedard race. I am guessing we trade Eddy for another first at deadline. Benson may slide due to size, might get him then.

ReHabs

Sponsor
Jan 18, 2022
For what it's worth, I think I understand the thing you're trying to say and it's reasonable. On the other hand you should use a bit of judgement in your criticism of others' comments because sometimes when someone means zero offense, it's better to let it slide and focus on those who are actually negatively impacting the culture and discourse.

For instance I've seen a lot of xenophobia and racism against innocent Russian/Belarussian people (civilians) and I've had to speak out or at least frame it in a way that, imo, protects the fundemental rights we should all have. Dismissal of sex assault claims by (what I presume to be) teenager fans who don't what they're saying contributes to the badness of the problem is another thing I try to call out. On the other hand I feel that Logan Mallioux, given his age and the severity of his crime, this point has been at unfairly bullied by lazy pundits and potshot/drive-by artists on social media so I try to call that out too.

But one thing that is lacking in our present culture war is the necessity to be judicious when one criticizes others, particularly those who really don't mean to do harm.

Tavares had 76 points in 79 games last season … FINIIIIISHED
God I wish we had a finished player like Tavares instead of not-finished players like Drouin, Gallagher, Dadanov, Armia, Byron, etc.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad