Post-Game Talk: Habs Laff last! Youngin's put on a show for the win!

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

ChesterNimitz

governed by the principle of calculated risk
Jul 4, 2002
I swang by the leafs forum... good read. I know the gloating won't last for too long but gotta enjoy these little happy moments while we can.
The surprising result of the game was how the Leafs' defense was exposed. The skating gap between the median speed of the Canadiens' defence and Toronto's forwards was less, considerably so, than the skating gap between the median speed of the Toronto forwards and Montreal's defence. Only Savard had trouble closing the gap defensively while only Reilly displayed elite mobility. Heck, even Gallagher almost pulled away on a partial break-a-way. While Toronto has several elite forwards, unless they can acquire a few mobile defencemen, Toronto is going nowhere this year.

Last edited:

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
My thoughts:

1. Caufield is sick.
2. Suzuki looked good, but not great. He'll be fine once he gets going. Missing pre-season hurt.
3. No complaints about Slafkovsky. I like how they'll slowly use him to get him used to the game before putting him on the PP or whatever.
4. Guhle was the better defenseman on his pairing.
5. Xhekaj did not look good at all. If he doesn't show quick signs of improvement, he should be sent down soon.
6. Allen looked solid. He didn't have to play great to win, but he did what was needed of him.
7. I had high hopes for Dadonov to be a decent player we could flip for a pick or something. So far, he's been a much worse version of Drouin.

If Allen wasn't great, he was pretty close.

It should have been 2-0 leafs when they got that chance seconds after the first goal.

Stopped a breakaway, and then a penalty shot. He also stopped a couple high danger chances in areas which were even more dangerous than the spot that Anderson scored his goal.

It was a low key really strong start by Allen. He can do this if you don't give him a huge workload.

Redux91

I do Three bullets.
Sep 5, 2006
Kirkland, Montreal
TOI

Suzuki - 21:24 (2 assists)
Caufield - 18:18 (2 goals)
Slaf - 10:34
Dach - 16:38 (1 assist)

Guhle - 22:34 (most used player)
Harris - 19:41 (1 assist)
Xhekaj - 12:47 (4 hits)
And Face offs:
Suzuki 8 wins 6 loss
Monahan 9 wins 6 loss
Dach 0 wins 2 loss
Evans 2 wins 6 loss
Dvorak 4 wins 4 loss

looks like they kept Dach away from good leafs face off men for this one, glad they gave him that assist tho
Guy took on 3 leafs to make that goal happen , it was beautiful
Great Goal for Monahan.. you really felt that one

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
Hughes has given St Louis a lot of psychological saftey to emphasize development over winning at all costs. That’s good leadership. I don’t know if that mindset has existed in habs history up to this point.
I don't think it was a question of job security though. I think Therrien came in with the idea that the kids needed to be "whipped into shape"... it was a cultural decision and obviously a stupid one. MT was kept on long beyond the time he should've been canned.

I think Hughes is simply more evolved than MB ever was. He "gets it" and MB never did.

calder candidate

Feb 25, 2003
Montreal
Visit site
Offense look pretty good
Anderson is the kind of player that doesn’t usually make is linemates better or do anything until he score but tonight he was pretty noticeable. Suzuki and CC are such a good duo that they can carry him even when he doesn’t bring anything every shift.

Dach was great, Monahan was good, Hoffman didn’t seem to fit but he is a streaky player.

They both had good games but I don’t see the fit with Gallagher and Dvorak, I think they should swap Hoffman and Gallagher I think both lines would benefit.

Slaf did ok but once Armia back and we need to keep giving Dadonov and Drouin chance to improve there value… I think the AHL is best for him to keep developing is offensive skills he can’t be only playing 10min a game.

Dadonov, Evans and Pitlick just didn’t seem to click with has a line, Pitlick and Evans should bounce back. That Dadonov turn over was bad but I wasn’t mad I was hoping for OT, Dadonov leading the tank.

Anderson Suzuki CC
Monahan Dach Gallagher
Hoffman Dvorak Armia
Pitlick Evans Drouin

Defence
Kovacevic was a lot better than I expected not perfect but more than acceptable, definitely a great waiver pick up.

Gulhe is a stud not much more to say. He definitely our best D especially with Matheson injured.

Harris was good and smart

Xhekaj wasn’t perfect but perfectly acceptable.

Savard was good even if he tried to do a bit too much sometime.

Wideman not much to say he just placeholder

Allen will give us a shot to win and keep us in the game on most night.

This is a bad start for the tank, the youth and positive momentum will definitely carry us to a few too many win and probably take us out of the top 3 /top5…

Mcdonaldz

Jul 26, 2021
This figs team could be in for a rough ride this year. Outside of Nostrildamus, Marner and to a much lesser degree the Swedish cupcake Nylander, they really don't have much. Tavares is finished, their D is a collection of misfits and garbage, their bottom six is pretty useless and their goaltending will be worse than last year. This team is a cup contender??

When their top 2 don't show up, they're not gonna win many games.

Tavares had 76 points in 79 games last season … FINIIIIISHED

Kimota

ROY DU NORD!!!
Nov 4, 2005
Les Plaines D'Abraham
What an awesome game to watch. I was definitely happy with how the majority of the players were tonight.

OT:
The highlight for me though happened away from the game. The young anthem singer came on the screen.

My Uncle: Tabarnak, I'd let her play with my Wazzzoo!
My Aunt: Tabarnak, why would she want to play with your old, shriveled up Wazzooo?

Post of the Freaking Night

Kudo Shinichi

Apr 20, 2012
And Face offs:
Suzuki 8 wins 6 loss
Monahan 9 wins 6 loss
Dach 0 wins 2 loss
Evans 2 wins 6 loss
Dvorak 4 wins 4 loss

looks like they kept Dach away from good leafs face off men for this one, glad they gave him that assist tho
Guy took on 3 leafs to make that goal happen , it was beautiful
Great Goal for Monahan.. you really felt that one

Actually Dach didnt seen to want to take faceoffs on his weak side. At some point, there was a faceoff on the left side and Monahan was thrown off, but Dach told Hoffman to take it. Hoffman ended up winning it.

• Wow
Reactions: dinodebino

RabbleMasterBlaster

J't'un gars d'chez nous
Jun 29, 2020
Singapore
I would never give you flak for your opinion. The reason I thought it was funny, is the comment was made by an 85 yr old man. Followed by a comment by his wife of equal age. If you didn't find it funny, or felt it added nothing. That's your prerogative.
It has nothing to do with whether i found it funny or not. It's that you posted a comment made by an old man who wants to have his schlong played with by the anthem singer. Now if you can't see why this is inappropriate on many levels, then you need to revaluate some stuff.

Reactions: Canad13ns

Scintillating10

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia
What a game! An omen for season to come? Josh Anderson what can you say?? Used his body to create two goals and scored the winner.

This club won't be in Bedard sweepstakes. Like many predicted in preseason. Mainly because of play of Guhle, Monahan, Harris. I thought Dvorak played well also. Toronto is a Cup contender. Some have them as favorite to win Atlantic. I thought we were even up.

Reactions: rik schau

Habs10Habs

Retired
Sponsor
Aug 22, 2006
It has nothing to do with whether i found it funny or not. It's that you posted a comment made by an old man who wants to have his schlong played with by the anthem singer. Now if you can't see why this is inappropriate on many levels, then you need to revaluate some stuff.
If he would have become graphic and described an act he would have wanted to do to this girl. Then yes, I would agree with you. In this case, I don't feel the need to re-evaluate anything. Since it was a harmless joke.

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans
I don’t think this place is for you man…if you’re gonna get bent out of shape over this, I’d recommend leaving the forum.

Natey

GOATS
Sponsor
Aug 2, 2005
Okay, I have to ask what the f*** is the point of calling Xhekaj ... Jackeye? It's literally more letters and unless I missed something, there's no real humour to it?

RabbleMasterBlaster

J't'un gars d'chez nous
Jun 29, 2020
Singapore
If he would have become graphic and described an act he would have wanted to do to this girl. Then yes, I would agree with you. In this case, I don't feel the need to re-evaluate anything. Since it was a harmless joke.

I don’t think this place is for you man…if you’re gonna get bent out of shape over this, I’d recommend leaving the forum.
I've been here longer than you jaffy, so please don't patronize me.

We're in the midst of the biggest scandals regarding sexual harassment in the history of hockey and the whole point im making is that making "jokes" about your octogenarian grandpa wanting his dick played with by a girl who's young enough to be his great grand daughter is exactly the sort of thing that is currently part of the problem. Can you think it? Sure! Do you need to tell the world about it??? I mean it's just a tiny bit of common sense and maybe just... Think twice before posting? I dunno.

Some of you guys are genuinely funny. And I've enjoyed this board since 2002. But at some point, ya gotta start thinking that maybe, just maybe your dick joke doesn't need sharing.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad