Value of: Habs First Pick

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Junohockeyfan

Dec 16, 2018
How about Philly offers Carter Hart for Montreal 1st pick in 2023 which might be as high as 5th overall and some prospect(not sure which one at this time). Montreal gets a 24 year old starter for years to come and they would still retain their Florida pick in the same draft.
How about not a chance in hell Montreal trades that pick... Carter Hart wouldn't net a top-5 pick. That is insanity.

Reactions: HabsQC

McJedi

Apr 21, 2020
Florida
And the 6th pick might become a 1st with the lottery….so no they will not trade it
The Habs current GM has done nothing to suggest he is an idiot, takes silly risks or is impatient. It’s almost impossible to imagine a scenario where he trades a top 10 pick in 2023.

You could have talked me into Phillys ex GM doing that. Could talk me into Vancouvers dumb GM doing that. But Montreal… nothing suggests such risk exists at the GM level.

Mersss

Jul 12, 2014
How about Philly offers Carter Hart for Montreal 1st pick in 2023 which might be as high as 5th overall and some prospect(not sure which one at this time). Montreal gets a 24 year old starter for years to come and they would still retain their Florida pick in the same draft.
Unless Carter Hart comes with Phillys 2023 pick and their top prospect it ain't happening.

Hart isn't worth a top10pick on his ownz let alone a top5

Reactions: VanP

StewieP19

Dec 13, 2022
Gorton had an history in all team where he works.
In Boston as an Assitant GM Boston trade Raycroft for Rask
In Ny rangers he sign as free agent Gieorgev and draft Shesterkins.
You can see he wants to have a top 10 goalie in the league.
RIght now difficult to determinate who are in top 10 but I'm pretty sure Gorton want to acquire or draft a Goalie.
Allen is ok and Montembeault are not a top 10 goalie.
My guess Montréal will trade Panthers 1st draft pick and + for a goalie or he will draft one this year.

McJedi

Apr 21, 2020
Florida
RIght now difficult to determinate who are in top 10 but I'm pretty sure Gorton want to acquire or draft a Goalie.
My guess Montréal will trade Panthers 1st draft pick and + for a goalie or he will draft one this year.
Is their goalie worth using a top 15 pick on?

Namely that Panthers pick around 15th overall? I haven’t seen one rated that highly.

Would you trade that 15th pick + someone like Justin Barron for Saros?

Michoulicious

Dec 9, 2014
I think Spencer Knight would be a perfect fit for Montreal.

He's right in the current core player age groupe (Caufield, Dach, Suzuki, Guhle). Carey Price is still on the payroll and could be an invaluable mentor to help him with what he's actually living through since he went through this as well (mental issue and/or substance abuse, we don't know). A goalie knows what other goalies must endure.

Florida won't be able to trade Bob with his contract and they won't be able to afford Knight if he reaches his potential.

I think there is a fit... But not at the price of this year's Habs or Florida's first.

Maybe a top 10 protected CGY or MTL 1st in 2025?

• Haha
Reactions: Grinner

CanadienShark

Dec 18, 2012
Maybe you will be worried in 5 years when you still haven't made the playoffs and he's lighting it up on another team.

You get a chance to aquire a big, mean centre who puts up points (and francophone to boot) and then sell him long term on your franchise, you take it. Even if it costs you assets.

It's not like the Habs have 5 PLDs sitting around.

It's odd how fans of such a shitty team are so blasé about landing such a rare, coveted piece. Jets fans would almost give up their collective left nut to keep the guy and Habs fans (again, to reiterate, cheer for a shit team) don't seem to care if they get the guy
It's because of where we're at in the rebuild. If we were two years further, I'd be after Dubois. As of now, I wouldn't give up much. If he comes cheap, great. If not, I'd be happy to just wait and see what happens - if he even makes it to UFA.

Grinner

May 31, 2022

He's right in the current core player age groupe (Caufield, Dach, Suzuki, Guhle). Carey Price is still on the payroll and could be an invaluable mentor to help him with what he's actually living through since he went through this as well (mental issue and/or substance abuse, we don't know). A goalie knows what other goalies must endure.

Florida won't be able to trade Bob with his contract and they won't be able to afford Knight if he reaches his potential.

I think there is a fit... But not at the price of this year's Habs or Florida's first.

Check back in 2025

FerrisRox

"Wanna go, Prettyboy?"
Sep 17, 2003
Toronto, Ontario

Hey are you okay?

Have you been exposed to paint fumes or something?

• Haha
Reactions: HuGo Sham

StewieP19

Dec 13, 2022

Namely that Panthers pick around 15th overall? I haven’t seen one rated that highly.

If Askarov is ready in Nashville maybe The 15th overall and a young prospect D (harris or Mailloux) would be really good for both team. Montréal have too much young def and they can trade one for their real 1st goalie

Not sure Montréal want to bet on Knight. This is a big gamble he is actually on NHLPA assistance Players.
Probably all team want Knight need to wait until he's back to see how he react

CTHabsfan

Jul 28, 2007

The 15th pick and someone like Justin Barron for Saros might be a fair value, but a rebuilding team trading a 1st-round pick and a promising young player for a guy who turns 28-years old next month does not make sense.

Junohockeyfan

Dec 16, 2018

Habs can't afford to trade RHD like Barron. That's not an option.

But i don't doubt that trading the FLA 1st for a young promising goalie is in the Habs playbook. It should be considered.

LVCarson

Jul 19, 2022
What happened to that ELITE 2A goalie Montembeault, that hab fans are betting the farm on? Given up on him or is he just gun shy from getting lite up?

Sasha Orlov

Lord of the Manor
Sponsor
Jun 22, 2018

No but I’d trade it for Askarov

Scintillating10

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia
Premise is fair, but I don't see it.

Rangers pass unless it is something like
LaF + Lindgren + DAL 2023 1st + Jones
for
6OA + Barron

Helps Rs w/cap
satisfies OP query about moving back in the round and picking up assets
Yeah, I don't know. I'd like to get an asset if we are going off the board. The media guest, Brian Wilde these fellows say who it was, was quite specific. He said if Habs draft top 4, they not going off the board. So, I think it means we take Carlsson at 4. Or Fantilli but more realistic Carlsson. But if we draft 5 and up we going off the board. I don't know if he means Oliver Moore or Colby Barlow off the board. Or much lower like Habs did in 2005 with Carey Price? Been speculation Habs looking to add goalie to farm system. I hope we take one with Florida pick. Wilde said Habs not high on Benson nor Smith.

Reactions: bernmeister

Casual

Sep 10, 2014
What happened to that ELITE 2A goalie Montembeault, that hab fans are betting the farm on? Given up on him or is he just gun shy from getting lite up?
Now, that's just bad faith.
I'd love to see some quotes of people calling him an elite 2A goalie.

Montembeault is a decent backup goalie, nothing less, nothing more.

I don't understand how people put every single fan in the same box, because a handful of fanbois have pink tainted glasses.
Every franchise has annoying fans. Every single franchise has annoying blinded haters. You seem to belong to the later.
Every post of yours seems to be hatred towards Mtl. I hope you find peace, must be energy consuming.

Reactions: HabsQC

LVCarson

Jul 19, 2022
Now, that's just bad faith.
I'd love to see some quotes of people calling him an elite 2A goalie.

Montembeault is a decent backup goalie, nothing less, nothing more.

I don't understand how people put every single fan in the same box, because a handful of fanbois have pink tainted glasses.
Every franchise has annoying fans. Every single franchise has annoying blinded haters. You seem to belong to the later.
Every post of yours seems to be hatred towards Mtl. I hope you find peace, must be energy consuming.
Well I would suggest that if you see fellow hab fans making crazy over evaluations of your teams players you should step up and call them out, instead of letting others prop them up, and encourage that kind of behaviour. Sort of like the montebault being elite, or Hutson being the best dman not playing in the NHL, or ignoring what people are saying and throwing out the lame old excuse of…they just hate the Habs line. Allowing those things to go on and on and on looks bad on the fan base. It’s like having a kid that does something wrong and their parents just let it slide.

ole ole

Oct 7, 2017
So you're so sure about dach and your pick's development that you're willing to gamble that's they'd turn into something that PLD already is?

You're clearly not thinking rationally
Why give assets up when we don't have to? Ya i agree with your assumption that someone is not thinking rationally.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad