GDT: Habs at Sens (Now, Saturday, October 7th)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Habano

Allez les Bleus, (Blancs, Rouges)
May 18, 2012
I don't know but when your supposed tough guy gets hammered into another Galaxy by a Swede, isn't it time to choose a different profession? That's like Reaves being completely obliterated by an Elias Peterson hit :sarcasm:

ChesterNimitz

governed by the principle of calculated risk
Jul 4, 2002
I don't know but when your supposed tough guy gets hammered into another Galaxy by a Swede, isn't it time to choose a different profession? That's like Reaves being completely obliterated by an Elias Peterson hit :sarcasm:
Not all Swedes are created equal. Heineman has size, excellent speed and is a tough, aggressive S.O.B. Maybe even tougher than some Canadian players.

ChesterNimitz

governed by the principle of calculated risk
Jul 4, 2002
some people said in here ''Suzuki look awful in this preseason''
Suzuki’s play has been mixed: but what you would expect of a star player in the preseason. What has been surprising is Suzuki’s strength on the puck and along the boards. That impressive strength was well displayed on Caufield’s game winning goal.

Last edited:

HabsCowboysOwn

Wak Prescott the 60M/yr scam artist, here we gooo!
Feb 28, 2008
Montréal
Sens fans have this little fantasy going on right now that we're celebrating this win over their ''C team'' like it's our Stanley Cup, didn't see any of that here but sure. They're also repeating ad nauseam that we're going to be bad this year as if it's a huge revelation and we didn't already know that.

A lot of anger and agitation on their part after a meaningless preseason game, the lack of confidence is real. Even when we suck and they're supposed to have a playoff team we're living in their heads rent-free which is pretty funny.

Kennedys

Jul 22, 2015
Saguenay
Sens fans have this little fantasy going on right now that we're celebrating this win over their ''C team'' like it's our Stanley Cup, didn't see any of that here but sure. They're also repeating ad nauseam that we're going to be bad this year as if it's a huge revelation and we didn't already know that.

A lot of anger and agitation on their part after a meaningless preseason game, the lack of confidence is real. Even when we suck and they're supposed to have a playoff team we're living in their heads rent-free which is pretty funny.

Sens fans have a huge inferiority complex even when their team are clearly better. That's strange (or not).

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
Can you elaborate? I'm legit curious since I feel many share your opinion but I don't see it that way.

I feel MSL has been doing fine. He has a more offensive approach. He's no tactician but I feel he compensate in other aspects.
Sure. We've been talking about this concept ever since it first came up last year. This is just another name for the same thing. "Interchangeability."
Somebody has to cover the space a "positionless" Dman creates when they jump. Not many of our players are comfortable or very good at doing it.

Caufield was a great example of how not to go about it. The premise is we want to create add man situations going forward. The reality is we actually created more odd man situations going the other way. Far too many against an AHL roster.

I said it before and I stand by it. We do not have the quality of player (particularly wingers) who can play this demanding style of hockey.

Reactions: the

Habs Icing

Formerly Onice
Jan 17, 2004
Montreal
Sure. We've been talking about this concept ever since it first came up last year. This is just another name for the same thing. "Interchangeability."
Somebody has to cover the space a "positionless" Dman creates when they jump. Not many of our players are comfortable or very good at doing it.

Caufield was a great example of how not to go about it. The premise is we want to create add man situations going forward. The reality is we actually created more odd man situations going the other way. Far too many against an AHL roster.

I said it before and I stand by it. We do not have the quality of player (particularly wingers) who can play this demanding style of hockey.
They had this in soccer for decades. It's called total football. I'm surprised it took so long to come here.

Reactions: Rapala

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
If it would really be based on play, Armia would be on waivers.
We only need to waive one forward. I haven't watched enough, bu has Ylonen been better than Armia?

I would waive Armia over Ylonen purely based on the fact that Armia has no future here because of his age, while Ylonen at least possibly could. But based purely on pkay, I don't know who has been the worst forward.

dackelljuneaubulis02

Oct 13, 2012
Suzuki’s play has been mixed: but what you would expect of a star player in the preseason. What has been surprising is Suzuki’s strength on the puck and along the boards. That impressive strength was well displayed on Caufield’s game winning goal.
yeah he looks faster and stronger. I haven't watched a ton in a while but I feel like it's been since Junior where I saw him do one of those change the angle snipes. he was really good at those in junior.

Reactions: Runner77

HomaridII

May 23, 2006
Montreal, Canada
We only need to waive one forward. I haven't watched enough, bu has Ylonen been better than Armia?

I would waive Armia over Ylonen purely based on the fact that Armia has no future here because of his age, while Ylonen at least possibly could. But based purely on pkay, I don't know who has been the worst forward.
Armia has been the worst forward by far. Even Roy, Farrell, Mesar, Beck showed more use than him. Literally hasn't done a thing of use.

Basu is right, that post yesterday is quintessential Armia, took a lot of skill but ended up in nothing.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad