GDT: Habs at Sens (Now, Saturday, October 7th)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
Easy prediction up front and on D- Players who don't have to pass waivers didn't do enough to win a spot. Primeau may be the only player going on waivers.

Reactions: Runner77

Gustave

Feb 15, 2007
Here
Nah, I know the popular opinion is to trade him but let's play out the season.

I anticipate he will be more valuable to keep than to trade.
I wouldn’t risk to tie myself to such an injury prone player. That’s my thinking.

Reactions: themilosh

HabSgt

Go Habs D'OH
Oct 19, 2019
Montreal
So 3-3 this preseason, much better then last year & possibly reflective of the upcoming season if we are a .500 team. My preseason prediction is 81 points. Should be fun to watch the kids grow into their roles. Looking forward to it.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
I'm so looking forward to seeing the "I heart Monahan" tattoo you'll be getting soon. ;)
RuMrNe8.jpg

the

Mar 2, 2012
Montreal
I wouldn’t risk to tie myself to such an injury prone player. That’s my thinking.
He was stubborn last season. It was a dumb injury. It was preventable, Monahan should have been scratched much earlier preventing him from aggravating his injury.

The main thing is that his hips are holding up. That was the major concern last season and the primary reason Calgary traded him.

We need to play it safe but the upsides of him staying healthy are much higher than an mystery box draft pick.

Honestly, just his intangibles alone are worth it. We have almost 0 veterans who are actually good at hockey. They are all ex Bergevin rejects. Monahan is breath of fresh air in that aspect.

Last edited:

themilosh

Sponsor
Apr 27, 2015
Oakville, ON
He's the perfect rental mercenary.. dude is way too injury-prone to offer anything more than 1 year contracts..

But i would love to send him back to Calgary at TDL for another 1st

Reactions: Gustave

Gustave

Feb 15, 2007
Here
He's the perfect rental mercenary.. dude is way too injury-prone to offer anything more than 1 year contracts..

But i would love to send him back to Calgary at TDL for another 1st
I really like @the ‘s argument… but I agree with you obv, I can’t risk it on an asset value perspective. The second he gets injured (if of course), he loses all of it because of his past.

He seems great with the guys and he’s a player out there, no doubt. Which does give me pause, but my mind is made up on it. We need to see our team as the team that’s going to be good in a certain amount of time and Money doesn’t fit that timeframe.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad