GDT: Habs at Sens (Now, Saturday, October 7th)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal

This was me when I made that post:

1696731556934.png

ReimanSum1908

Feb 23, 2012
Montreal
We could become a good team if he had Top-15 goaltending. They will give Motormouth his chance since we need to keep stockpiling some prospects but by next season we need a quality goaltender.
If Montemboult hadn't been a top 15 goalie last year by all underlying statistics, we'd have drafted 1st or 2nd overall; he was absolutely phenomenal when stopping high-danger scoring chances.

Of course, that will almost assuredly prove to be a flash in the pan one-off season, but if he replicates that performance, he'll be more than a "quality" goaltender - he'll be an elite one.

Reactions: the

Gustave

Feb 15, 2007
Here
I like Arber not fighting for the sake of fighting. There will be times when it's needed but tonight there was zero reason to fight. Smart.
It was an obvious bait. DJ has it in for him, that much is obvious. Smart decision by Arber.

Speaking of which, he continues to find the net from the point, it’s a good skill to possess. I didn’t like his D game though, he doesn’t benefit from that man to man craziness that’s going on in MSL country right now :laugh:

Reactions: Pickles and Tyson

Skip Bayless

The Skip Bayless Show
Aug 28, 2014
It was an obvious bait. DJ has it in for him, that much is obvious. Smart decision by Arber.

Speaking of which, he continues to find the net from the point, it’s a good skill to possess. I didn’t like his D game though, he doesn’t benefit from that man to man craziness that’s going on in MSL country right now :laugh:
Man to man and motor mouth/Jake the snake combo might save our tanking mission

Junohockeyfan

Dec 16, 2018

I think there was a lot of confusion from the D in their approach to positionless hockey. The only Dman who naturally plays this way is Matheson. The problem is that its hard enough for the dmen to play positionally. When they are expected to play positionless hockey (i.e. to attack / chase offensively expecting the C to cover), they have to make good decisions. They are not equipped to do so given their relative lack of experience.

I think Barron in particular gets lost out there as he is indecisive.

Reactions: Gustave

The Real Timo

Jun 18, 2019
Spent the day golfing. Came back to some nice highlights. Did you folks how Yoel almost scored? That is the sign of things to come. His mere presence tonight clearly inspired. I could even feel it on the golf course.

Alright... all pre-season silliness is done. Lessgo!!! f*** the Leafs!!!

Skip Bayless

The Skip Bayless Show
Aug 28, 2014
Marty's "positionless" hockey is going to be a huge challenge for many our forwards.

To be fair, that is the way most teams play, but I think Marty wants his Ds to be extra aggressive offensively.

The real challenge is the man to man D. Not many teams use that type of in zone D, but Tampa and Washington are probably top 3 most beautiful teams to watch offensively in the last decade and that's what they used.

Andrei79

Jan 25, 2013
Really enjoyed this game. Seeing guys like Dach and Slaf with that kind of size and skill is so foreign for us Habs fans. Then add Xhekaj and Heineman and I have to say that's one part of the roster building I'm fully behind.

Marty's "positionless" hockey is going to be a huge challenge for many our forwards.

It's called offense. The rest of the league does it, but this franchise has been stuck in the 90s for the last two decades. I'm obviously kidding, but at the same time it's not something we're used to.

Last edited:

zx81

Aug 2, 2005
I missed the game.
Just looked at the highlights and stats ; I'm happy to see RHP getting a primary assist on the gwg and finishing the night with +3.
Was he used on the 1st line in the 3rd or was it circumstancial ?

Reactions: Redux91

Seb

All we are is Dustin Byfuglien
Jul 15, 2006
Tomorrow is the last chance teams have to place someone on waivers. Because by Monday 5PM ET, teams need to have their full rosters submitted to the league.

What happens if they are over the permitted roster limit?

the

Mar 2, 2012
Montreal
Can you elaborate? I'm legit curious since I feel many share your opinion but I don't see it that way.

I feel MSL has been doing fine. He has a more offensive approach. He's no tactician but I feel he compensate in other aspects.

Goldenhands

Slaf_The_Great
Sponsor
Aug 21, 2016
How did Slaf look tonight? Missed the game :(
Taking reps, creating more and more offense, building confidence and suddenly you see less and less people criticizing his IQ. It was all about adjustments for Slaf, of course he will still make some mistakes here and there and some people will jump on them to come back at their IQ criticisms, but personally I never seen his IQ as low or under average in his draft year, I saw a kid who was making smart effective plays most of the times. Adjusting to the NHL speed and lack of time/space is an adjustment for any kids, Slaf isnt different and used to play some kind of weird trap systems in his draft year in LIIga, on bigger ices, what is a quite different game than how its played in N.A. The adjustment process isnt achieved yet, but you see clear improvements in his games, what bodes well for the upcoming season.

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018
Between Barron, Norlinder and Lindstrom, Norlinder was the best tonight.

That said, Barron didn't do much, which is good and bad for him. You didn't see him full on f*** up, but he didn't do too much offensively. He did walk to the centre of the ice really well, but then couldn't get his shot off.

Lindstrom, barely noticed this guy, so maybe he did do better.

Norlinder made some nice passes and got his shot through, but then f***ed up on some plays.

This team f***ing sucks and isn't going anywhere. If this team was actually good and the Habs were looking at either of these 3 to be regulars on the team, I'd look for a 4th option to be honest.

DramaticGloveSave

Voice of Reason
Apr 17, 2017
How did Slaf look tonight? Missed the game :(
I thought he looked good. Played a pretty simple game, made the easy passes and lived in front of the net and was rewarded with a goal.

Ironically I think he just needs to get stronger. Obviously he’s a big kid, but he does get knocked down a fair bit when bodying with opponents in the corners. Once he gets that man strength I think he’ll be a beast.

Heineman continued impressing. He should be in the opening night lineup.

Newhook was quiet, hopefully just getting his legs back after some time off as he was great last game.

Reactions: Redux91

SlafySZN

May 21, 2022
I thought he looked good. Played a pretty simple game, made the easy passes and lived in front of the net and was rewarded with a goal.

Ironically I think he just needs to get stronger. Obviously he’s a big kid, but he does get knocked down a fair bit when bodying with opponents in the corners. Once he gets that man strength I think he’ll be a beast.

Heineman continued impressing. He should be in the opening night lineup.

Newhook was quiet, hopefully just getting his legs back after some time off as he was great last game.
People think because he’s tall and big he should be stronger than most players in the league already but he still has his teenager strength. You can see the difference with Dach at 18-19 and Dach now at 22.

HuGo Burner Acc

Mar 30, 2016
Can you elaborate? I'm legit curious since I feel many share your opinion but I don't see it that way.

I feel MSL has been doing fine. He has a more offensive approach. He's no tactician but I feel he compensate in other aspects.
He's doing fine. Habs should obviously bring in an assistant coach in the future to fill the holes he has as a coach but those are dime a dozen so I'm not worried. Systems guys are in abundance.

Reactions: the

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad