GDT: Habs at Sens (Now, Saturday, October 7th)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Boss Man Hughes

Mar 15, 2022
Newhook is pretty much Paul Byron, we gave up a lot for him. I'm a bit biased, I never liked him in juniors either. A guy people will always say 'he didn't give much in the stats department but wow was he fast'
He has always put up points. He outscored Boldy in the NCAA.

Reactions: Runner77

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Habs will have a fun team this year and hopefully the goaltending doesn't let them down. No goalie looked good in the pre season.
They will test your patience yet again this year. Not easy having to endure all the losing that usually comes from a rebuild however, looking forward to who will be cut and added to the Rocket.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
As long as the young players continue to progress and are fun to watch then I can endure a bit longer 😀
I still remember several of your posts last year when you couldn’t take it anymore. :laugh:

I don’t know that this edition will be that much better. Maybe they’ll have less man games lost but it could be brutal yet again.

Andy

Jun 26, 2008
Montreal
Newhook is pretty much Paul Byron, we gave up a lot for him. I'm a bit biased, I never liked him in juniors either. A guy people will always say 'he didn't give much in the stats department but wow was he fast'
They play nothing alike. Newhook is far more skilled. Has better vision on the ice and a far better shot.

StCaufield

Mar 14, 2022
Suzuki is built like a tank. When I look at him without his hockey gear, my first impression is that he looks too heavy to be as effective as he should be (as in he must be slow or his cardio must not be the best) but then you see him on the ice and for his style of play, it works perfectly. He's just a solid guy.

He was 183 pounds in his draft year.....So he basically put on 30 pounds of "man" since then.
Lots of people call him small on here but he weighs more than the league average if I had to guess. He’s so strong on his feet

They will test your patience yet again this year. Not easy having to endure all the losing that usually comes from a rebuild however, looking forward to who will be cut and added to the Rocket.
If they’re all injured. If they can be average healthy there’s less patience having. People forget that we had an AHL team for more than half of the season. We don’t know what this team is yet. Not saying playoffs but they’re not as bad as the standings said

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
I still remember several of your posts last year when you couldn’t take it anymore. :laugh:

I don’t know that this edition will be that much better. Maybe they’ll have less man games lost but it could be brutal yet again.
I am getting mellow in my old age 😅

Habs

I've almost had enough of you kids
Feb 28, 2002
They play nothing alike. Newhook is far more skilled. Has better vision on the ice and a far better shot.

Except he isn't, the fans are 'hoping' he is, but he is not. Byron was also a fast , promising 35pt player that couldn't make the next step, Newhook is following the same path. Maybe that's ok for management to burn two picks on him, so they don't care either. Newhook doesn't have an epic shot, he has speed to burn.

MTL Dirty Birdy

Aug 29, 2021
Lots of people call him small on here but he weighs more than the league average if I had to guess. He’s so strong on his feet

If they’re all injured. If they can be average healthy there’s less patience having. People forget that we had an AHL team for more than half of the season. We don’t know what this team is yet. Not saying playoffs but they’re not as bad as the standings said

Attachments

• IMG_2088.jpeg
    IMG_2088.jpeg
    126.8 KB · Views: 4
Reactions: StCaufield

Trabdy2

Nov 30, 2018
Except he isn't, the fans are 'hoping' he is, but he is not. Byron was also a fast , promising 35pt player that couldn't make the next step, Newhook is following the same path. Maybe that's ok for management to burn two picks on him, so they don't care either. Newhook doesn't have an epic shot, he has speed to burn.
Newhook hit over 30 pts in his first NHL season like 3 years after he was drafted.

It took Byron like 10 years to do that after he was drafted.

I don't think it's accurate at all to say they're "on the same path".

Catanddogguitarrr

Jul 3, 2016
Nowhere land
And he is 25 lb heavier and taller. He is more skilled. Hopefully he can translate those assets to the NHL.
There is the tools yes but, there is the translation into nhl pts and that's the real question. An improved Paul Byron isn't necessary a very good player. He can be a fairly good player and missing that notch over most players.

Boss Man Hughes

Mar 15, 2022
There is the tools yes but, there is the translation into nhl pts and that's the real question. An improved Paul Byron isn't necessary a very good player. He can be a fairly good player and missing that notch over most players.
Byron was a 20 goals scorer in his prime. 25 goals would definitely be a very good player. Whether that is worth a low 1st and a 2nd would be the question.

Reactions: Catanddogguitarrr

Catanddogguitarrr

Jul 3, 2016
Nowhere land
Byron was a 20 goals scorer in his prime. 25 goals would definitely be a very good player. Whether that is worth a low 1st and a 2nd would be the question.
HuGo paid a price for Newhook and it matters mentioning it. He wasn't free like Byron claimed on waivers. But to really compare their style and impact on a game, I need nhl time watching. And cold beer, lol.

Habs

I've almost had enough of you kids
Feb 28, 2002
Newhook hit over 30 pts in his first NHL season like 3 years after he was drafted.

It took Byron like 10 years to do that after he was drafted.

I don't think it's accurate at all to say they're "on the same path".
Just my thoughts , I've been wrong 2x before, if he hits 40 pts I guess that's a win in managements eyes?

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
He’s facing off against non nhlers so calm down engels. Not sure why but he annoys me. Maybe because his lady is way out of his league? Lol jk but yeah he never asks tough questions either
Suzuki will be better as he gains more respect with the officials.. He'll get away with more cheating instead of getting tossed all the time.

Reactions: StCaufield

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
Sens fans have this little fantasy going on right now that we're celebrating this win over their ''C team'' like it's our Stanley Cup, didn't see any of that here but sure. They're also repeating ad nauseam that we're going to be bad this year as if it's a huge revelation and we didn't already know that.

A lot of anger and agitation on their part after a meaningless preseason game, the lack of confidence is real. Even when we suck and they're supposed to have a playoff team we're living in their heads rent-free which is pretty funny.
The irony in this statement is too rich. 0 agitation in the thread, Montreal is an afterthought. Literally every single team in the division is a bigger concern and every team in the east except maybe philly.

• Haha
Reactions: HabsCowboysOwn

Durvann

Feb 6, 2013
Suzuki is built like a tank. When I look at him without his hockey gear, my first impression is that he looks too heavy to be as effective as he should be (as in he must be slow or his cardio must not be the best) but then you see him on the ice and for his style of play, it works perfectly. He's just a solid guy.

He was 183 pounds in his draft year.....So he basically put on 30 pounds of "man" since then.
He's like a mix between Kovalev/Plekanec/Toffoli. RHP is clearly learning from him and so does CC.

Never gets rocked, plays the stick well, gets away with little things that go unnoticed, uses his body intelligently, high vision and IQ, sneaky moves and shot, sneaky strong, ok speed, swag.

Reactions: FrankMTL

FrankMTL

Jan 6, 2005
He's like a mix between Kovalev/Plekanec/Toffoli. RHP is clearly learning from him and so does CC.

Never gets rocked, plays the stick well, gets away with little things that go unnoticed, uses his body intelligently, high vision and IQ, sneaky moves and shot, sneaky strong, ok speed, swag.

That's the most important part

Reactions: Catanddogguitarrr

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad