Proposal: Habs and Devils

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Xirik

Sep 24, 2014
Alberta
Palat's also negative value, maybe even more than Anderson. It ultimately comes down to Xhekaj+Avs 2nd for 10th OA which is still a terrible trade for the Devils.
so $500.000 more dollars and better stats mean that Palat has more negative value then Anderson.

Okay.:thumbu:

Oh wait.. Somehow Andersons "physicality" makes him worth 10x more. I forgot.:sarcasm:

Reactions: MasterofGrond

HugeInTheShire

You may not like me but, I'm Huge in the Shire
Mar 8, 2021
Alberta
Seems to be the canned response Devils fans use in every single proposal for the 10th 😏. If you don’t want to trade it, just say that and spare everyone the histrionics and forced outrage. It’s a 10th overall pick, not Jack Hughes. Comparable picks have been traded recently for less than I proposed here.
You're going about it the wrong way is the biggest problem, is your proposal that bad? No not really. Is it at all what NJ would want for 10OA? No, they're not interested in trading down to add another prospect.

People keep offering things NJ wouldn't have interest in for 10 and then expecting to not get these kind of responses.

HBK27

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2005
Northern NJ
Because he's softer, smaller, slower, scores considerably less goals, and is more expensive?

$500K in cap hit is negligible.

Palat had more goals than Anderson in less games last season.

Defensive metrics are off the chart in favor of Palat. Plus there's the whole playoff performance/experience factor.

Boss Man Hughes

Mar 15, 2022
so $500.000 more dollars and better stats mean that Palat has more negative value then Anderson.

Okay.:thumbu:

Oh wait.. Somehow Andersons "physicality" makes him worth 10x more. I forgot.:sarcasm:
Palat is old and pretty mucjh worthless now. Anderson should not be worth lot but GM's overrate size and speed.

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
Damn you're right, Palat's actually the physical one. He definitely has excellent value. Palat's probably bigger and faster than Anderson too right?
$500K in cap hit is negligible.

Palat had more goals than Anderson in less games last season.

Defensive metrics are off the chart in favor of Palat. Plus there's the whole playoff performance/experience factor.
Why are we going based on one season? How about the year before where Anderson had 21 and Palat had 8? If Palat's defensive metrics are so off the chart, you'd think he'd be used regularly on the PK for the Devils no? Yes Anderson sucks defensively, but don't pretend that Palat is some defensive monster. So you got Anderson being bigger, more physical, faster, better goalscorer, and cheaper while Palat is more skilled (and thus put up a bit more points), better defensively, and better playoff resume. How are they not similar in value? Don't pretend that they one's a bit of a negative value while the other is a massive cap dump. I think Palat is less valuable but I understand if you don't think that, they are way more similar in value than further apart.
in your world 9 goals is more then 11?
In my world, I don't only look at one season. If in your world, one season is all that matters, please ask your GM to trade Mercer for Newhook since after all, Newhook has 1 more point in 27 fewer games this past season.

Reactions: Habs Halifax

HugeInTheShire

You may not like me but, I'm Huge in the Shire
Mar 8, 2021
Alberta
Seems to be the canned response Devils fans use in every single proposal for the 10th 😏. If you don’t want to trade it, just say that and spare everyone the histrionics and forced outrage. It’s a 10th overall pick, not Jack Hughes. Comparable picks have been traded recently for less than I proposed here.
You're going about it the wrong way is the biggest problem, is your proposal that bad? No not really. Is it at all what NJ would want for 10OA? No, they're not interested in trading down to add another prospect.

People keep offering things NJ wouldn't have interest in for 10 and then expecting to not get these kind of responses.

edit: no idea why this double posted.

Garbageyuk

Dec 19, 2016
no it isn't and it's laughable that you think so. There's a reason why both Hab's fans and all other fanbases never like your trade threads.

saying "10th overall pick here, not Jack Hughes' might sound so smart that you feel the need to repeat it but it just shows how ignorant and disingenuous you are.

Nobody compared the 10th OV pick to Jack Hughes. You did.
Your histrionic reaction here suggests it’s something akin to asking for Jack Hughes, that’s why I brought it up. Apparently that goes over your head.

And here’s a hint: if you don’t like a proposal or an opinion, just ignore it instead of crying about it. I’ve told you this before. Obviously you still aren’t getting that, but I wish you would because posts like this add nothing to the discussion, but you do it constantly. This one in particular borders on flaming, so maybe keep that in mind.

We are allowed to share opinions here, even if it’s something @Xirik disagrees with. Get over it.

Reactions: Habs Halifax

Xirik

Sep 24, 2014
Alberta
Damn you're right, Palat's actually the physical one. He definitely has excellent value. Palat's probably bigger and faster than Anderson too right?

Why are we going based on one season? How about the year before where Anderson had 21 and Palat had 8? If Palat's defensive metrics are so off the chart, you'd think he'd be used regularly on the PK for the Devils no? Yes Anderson sucks defensively, but don't pretend that Palat is some defensive monster. So you got Anderson being bigger, more physical, faster, better goalscorer, and cheaper while Palat is more skilled (and thus put up a bit more points), better defensively, and better playoff resume. How are they not similar in value? Don't pretend that they one's a bit of a negative value while the other is a massive cap dump. I think Palat is less valuable but I understand if you don't think that, they are way more similar in value than further apart.

In my world, I don't only look at one season. If in your world, one season is all that matters, please ask your GM to trade Mercer for Newhook since after all, Newhook has 1 more point in 27 fewer games this past season.
you really don't look at stats do you?

Palat has been better then Andersson every recent season stat wise except for for the 2022-2023 season where he only played 49 games to Andersons. 69

Last edited by a moderator:

dgibb10

Feb 29, 2024
Any time you can move a top 10 pick to get a mediocre bottom pairing D and a doofus that skates in a straight line that only provides value when scoring some goals (coming off 9 in 78 games), you have to pull the trigger.
Mediocre bottom pairing D is quite generous for Xhekaj.

AHL caliber dman who can fight is a better description

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
you really don't look at stats do you?

Palat has been better then Andersson every recent season stat wise except for for the 2022-2023 season where he only played 49 games to Andersons. 69
You really don't read do you?

I discussed goalscoring. Anderson is a better goalscorer than Palat. That is a fact.

Take the L and move on since you can't chime in properly and are backtracking like crazy.

• Haha
Reactions: WhiskeyYerTheDevils

dgibb10

Feb 29, 2024
Palat is old and pretty mucjh worthless now. Anderson should not be worth lot but GM's overrate size and speed.
Yeah teams need players like Josh Anderson for the playoffs.

Wait, my sources are telling me Ondrej Palat is an elite playoff performer with 2 cup wins and Anderson plays at a 15 goal, 25 point/82 pace in the playoffs. Never mind

Xirik

Sep 24, 2014
Alberta
Mediocre bottom pairing D is quite generous for Xhekaj.

AHL caliber dman who can fight is a better description
and Mailioux isn't even close to being worth the 10th.

10OV picks are traded for players that have an NHL record not ones that are B- prospects that haven't proven anything in the NHL.

You really don't read do you?

I discussed goalscoring. Anderson is a better goalscorer than Palat. That is a fact.

Take the L and move on since you can't chime in properly and are backtracking like crazy.
and palat has more goals scored then Anderson last season and the only reason he didn't have more the season before that is because he missed games.

Thanks for playing but perhaps its time to move onto a game that is more your caliber

Perhaps pickleball

dgibb10

Feb 29, 2024
I would understand the frustration if Devils fans were clamoring for Xhekaj and then talking him down (i.e. what happens with Necas and Zegras).

Much of the Xhekaj conversation is generated by Habs fans! Frankly, given his undrafted pedigree and sub 100 game sample of NHL play on a terrible team, he’s off the radar for most on this board.
I cannot think of a player in the NHL who fits what NJD needs less than Xhekaj.

NJD has a hole at LD yes.

What they need is an experienced, 20 minute a night, defensively strong LD who can kill penalties, and stay out of the box themselves, while eating tough minutes. Think Marcus Pettersson, Guhle, Fehervary, Walman, McNabb, Middleton, Brodie, Brodin, Ekholm, etc etc. Guys like that

Xhekaj is inexperienced, plays about 15 minutes, is awful defensivelty, cannot kill penalties, takes more penalties than anyone else, and plays the easiest minutes in hockey

It probably takes something like Mailloux + 26th to get the Devils to give up the 10th. Xhekaj really isn’t worth much at this stage and the whole Anderson/Palat thing is just unnecessary, without even getting into any type of value discussion.

Normally, I’d say something like the 26th + a 2nd would be enough for a pick like 10th overall, but this draft is unusually stacked in the top 15 or so. There’s quite a significant drop off around ~16-17, so it’s going to take extra to trade into that.
A 2nd might get you from 13th overall to 10th.

dgibb10

Feb 29, 2024
Sorry, but no way Xhekaj has more value than Romanov did at the time. I'm a big fan of Arber, but he is very much a project. Romanov had already proved to be an NHLer and had pedigree.
Romanov: 22 year old, 21 minute a night, LD whos defensively sound and kills penalties.

MTL has one of those that could fetch 10th overall. It's just not Arber Xhekaj.

Reactions: Eegs and Xirik

HBK27

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2005
Northern NJ

We don't have to base it on one season and you're right - historically, Anderson is the better goal scorer...a fact that is reflected by the individual XGoals on his player card compared to Palat.

However, Palat is ahead of him on every other single metric and the market value favors Palat $4.7M to $0.8M for Anderson, which is a rather wide gap. Sure, these cards (and other versions, which also favor Palat) are not the end all, be all in this debate - but when that gap is that wide among an independent source (in this case, The Athletic)...I think it's a fairly good indicator of which player is likely better overall.

1718924896692.png

1718924944334.png

Reactions: WhiskeyYerTheDevils

RANDOMH3RO

Jan 19, 2007
I would rather have Palat 100% over Anderson. Anderson to the devils proposals have never been realistic, and are a complete waste of time. He’s riding it out as a hab unless he’s got money retained at a trade deadline during an up season which doesn’t seem likely.

The devils terrible season at least earned them the tenth overall pick. Using that pick to bring in a bottom pair D who couldn’t PK on the habs would make this season 10x worse. That 10th overall pick could be traded straight up for a much better player, or just used to select a much better player they could develop themselves. Both acquired from this trade makes the devils worse than they are right now.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
It’s really interesting how this works. Since it’s a Habs player, he gets the value of his potential. Never mind the fact that he couldn’t stick in the NHL and was demoted to the AHL. No, that’s preposterous, he should be valued based on his absolute ceiling! (IE a top ten pick or more). But, when it comes to another teams player, such as Zegras, it’s no longer about his potential or even the fact that he’s already had 60+ points in both his first two full seasons. It’s all about his injury riddled season and will this now be the player he is going forward. In fact, because of that, he’s now barely worthy a first round pick.

A little different in games played so far. 211 vs 95. One has already went through his development and the other has not. One is a smaller skilled type forward and the other is a impact physical guy on D who is mobile.

Zegras could end up being a 60-80+ guy and that is reachable. If the Ducks don't want to trade him unless they get that value, that is their decision. You can only offer what you offer and if they say no, it's fine. Just like the Devils likely say no to this trade idea. It doesn't have to be nasty or condescending but many of you are far to interested in laughing and making fun of stuff.

Zegras is a top 6F not trending well. Could stay as a top 6F or grow to top line talent. Xhekaj is very raw in terms of games played and lacks maturity. I believe that will change in one more year or two. I think many people who actually watch him and know who he really is, know that he has top 4D in him and his size/mobility/physical game is very much valued in the playoffs.

Your histrionic reaction here suggests it’s something akin to asking for Jack Hughes, that’s why I brought it up. Apparently that goes over your head.

And here’s a hint: if you don’t like a proposal or an opinion, just ignore it instead of crying about it. I’ve told you this before. Obviously you still aren’t getting that, but I wish you would because posts like this add nothing to the discussion, but you do it constantly. This one in particular borders on flaming, so maybe keep that in mind.

We are allowed to share opinions here, even if it’s something @Xirik disagrees with. Get over it.

YUP! Some of these posters are acting like children. Their focus is playing "got cha game" and they just don't know how to have a conversation with a disagreement. Lack of respect and very condescending.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
We don't have to base it on one season and you're right - historically, Anderson is the better goal scorer...a fact that is reflected by the individual XGoals on his player card compared to Palat.

However, Palat is ahead of him on every other single metric and the market value favors Palat $4.7M to $0.8M for Anderson, which is a rather wide gap. Sure, these cards (and other versions, which also favor Palat) are not the end all, be all in this debate - but when that gap is that wide among an independent source (in this case, The Athletic)...I think it's a fairly good indicator of which player is likely better overall.

View attachment 884953

View attachment 884954

I can't believe some posters are focusing on Palat/Anderson. There is not much difference between these two but there are ways to search and try to justify a large gap. I had these two as nullifiers and Anderson as a piece to fill the need for size/skating (GM says he is looking for that). If this is such a problem for the Devils, take both out. It's not like we are asking for Palat as a must have. lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad