Proposal: Habs and Devils

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
I would rather have Palat 100% over Anderson. Anderson to the devils proposals have never been realistic, and are a complete waste of time. He’s riding it out as a hab unless he’s got money retained at a trade deadline during an up season which doesn’t seem likely.

The devils terrible season at least earned them the tenth overall pick. Using that pick to bring in a bottom pair D who couldn’t PK on the habs would make this season 10x worse. That 10th overall pick could be traded straight up for a much better player, or just used to select a much better player they could develop themselves. Both acquired from this trade makes the devils worse than they are right now.

Works for me. Take Palat/Anderson out of the trade.

Xhekaj has played 95 NHL games and is still in development. You and others obviously don't like his potential growth to come. We will see how this unfolds in another season or two.

good lord, no.

Palat brings value in other areas when he's not scoring at least. Anderson mearly exists, and barely. What a awful comparison,

I knew once the CGY deal went down I knew this would happen lol.

I don't care about the difference between Palat and Anderson. Habs are not really that interested in Palat bud. So take them both out.

Laugh all you want but there are rumors of the Devils thinking about trading the pick. You will get offers on these boards because of it. Like or not, the behaver towards those offers is the comical part. Learn how to say no with respect. It's not that hard

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Huh? What nonsense. Romanov was traded with 133 games played under his belt averaging 19 and a half minutes a night and was a 1st unit PKer by the end of his last season in Montreal. He was very effective defensively and built like a tank. He was also still only 22 at the time and was on a much better d-core. That said, it is widely considered that Montreal fleeced NYI in that deal already.

Xhekaj has 95 games played and averages 15 and a half minutes per game with almost zero special teams time. He doesn't provide much in terms of defense or offense. Only physicality and is almost guaranteed to put his team on the disadvantage once per game. He is also a year older than Romanov too

With Romanov NYI new they were getting a reliable PKer that could slot right into their top 4 and fit the mold and playstyle of their team. With Xhekaj the only thing you are getting that's reliable is his penalty minutes. These are 2 completely different players. On top of that New Jersey is one of the youngest teams in the league and are pushing for contention (obviously by the Markstrom trade). They already have 2 very young developing defensemen on their roster in Hughes and Nemec. Why would they want another young developing defenseman? They are vastly better off spending that cap space on someone like Brenden Dillon to provide more insulation on their blue line.

Started your post with "Huh, What nonsense". Didn't read the rest because of it.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Sorry, but no way Xhekaj has more value than Romanov did at the time. I'm a big fan of Arber, but he is very much a project. Romanov had already proved to be an NHLer and had pedigree.

You can be sorry but I still disagree. At the time Romanov was traded, he had 133 games. A bit more matured yes. The season before being traded, he was not considered a sure shot top 4D but had that potential.

Xhekaj is more offensive than Romanov and once he matures, he's going to be more effective in his own zone vs Romanov :nod:

Xhekaj started AHL last year due to the Habs having too many young D and we had waivers strategy.

Romanov (21/22):
* 13 pts with 3 goals in 79 games (-9)
* 20:24 min/game
* 8.45 Hits/60
* 5.36 Blocks/60
* 2.90 Giveaways/60
* 0.89 Takeaways/60

Xhekaj (23/24):
* 10 pts with 3 goals in 44 games (+6)
* 11 pts with 3 goals in 17 AHL games (+3)
* 15:55 min/game
* 10.70 Hits/60
* 4.19 Blocks/60
* 2.39 Giveaways/60
* 0.34 Takeaways/60

That's cool, keep being ignorant

Not ignorance. It's an opinion difference that you and others can't handle well. You are entitled to your own opinions but not your own facts.

Try a better approach next time and I'll chat with you.

• Haha
Reactions: Ledge And Dairy

ZachaFlockaFlame

Aug 24, 2020
Josh Anderson for the 2nd overall wasn't enough, let's ask for the 10th overall 2 years later in equally garbage deals

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Josh Anderson for the 2nd overall wasn't enough, let's ask for the 10th overall 2 years later in equally garbage deals

I don't remember the 2nd OA ask for Anderson. You probably think our entire fan base asked for that and that would make you look bad.

The heart of this debate is about Xhekaj/2nd vs 10th and Romanov/3rd vs 13th. Some of you are far to focused on Anderson/Palat. Anderson was only in this mix because the Devils GM said he is after size/skating in their top 6/top 9. Palat was the salary equalizer. Take them both out, no problem. I'm OK with Anderson on the Habs roster because I think he rebounds and yeah, I really don't care if we have Palat or not. Meh.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad