Proposal: Habs and Devils

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

HBK27

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2005
Northern NJ
LOL...

1718903234675.png

1718903261391.png

Yeah, the more I look at it, the less I think Anderson and Palat are really comparable in value. I think too many people just glossed over that part of the deal since the rest of it was so lopsided. Market value of $4.7M for Palat versus $0.8M for Anderson. Yes, both are overpaid - but Anderson by a hell of a lot more.

1718903425261.png

1718903469876.png

Reactions: Alex NJD

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
LOL...

View attachment 884810

View attachment 884811

Yeah, the more I look at it, the less I think Anderson and Palat are really comparable in value. I think too many people just glossed over that part of the deal since the rest of it was so lopsided. Market value of $4.7M for Palat versus $0.8M for Anderson. Yes, both are overpaid - but Anderson by a hell of a lot more.

View attachment 884814

View attachment 884815

Do this same thing over the last 2 or 3 years. Anderson did have a bad season last year in terms of production yes. Anderson signed till age 32. Palat signed till age 35. I feel very comfortable that these two are nullifiers in that trade package. The only reason Anderson is included is the Devils GM is on record saying that his forward group can use some size/skating/grit.

If this bothers you so much, take both out (Anderson and Palat). The meat of that proposal was Xhekaj/Avs 2nd vs 10th OA. Anyways, most Devils fans (if not all), would not do it. It's just another make fun trade thread.

HBK27

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2005
Northern NJ
Do this same thing over the last 2 or 3 years. Anderson did have a bad season last year in terms of production yes.

Anderson signed till age 32. Palat signed till age 35.

If this bothers you so much, take both out (Anderson and Palat). The meat of that proposal was Xhekaj/Avs 2nd vs 10th OA.

Anyways, most Devils fans (if not all), would not do it. It's just another make fun trade thread.

The cards already account for performance over the past 3 years, even though the most recent one is weighed more heavily.

1718903992851.png

Anderson's play already fell off a cliff this season and it occurs at different times and rates for different players. Regardless of Palat being 3 years older, I don't see any serious argument for why anybody would prefer Anderson.

I already stated that taking out those two in the deal, it's still very lopsided towards Montreal and Xhekaj is a player that makes a ton more sense to stay with the Habs (where they can be patient with his development) versus a team like NJ that needs immediate help and a LD that can play on the PK, which is not something that Xhekaj can provide.

Xirik

Sep 24, 2014
Alberta
terrible deal. This isn't the 2000's where players that are physical but provide no offense are valuable. come next trade deadline if he scored over 25 goals and the Habs are willing to take retain on him.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
The cards already account for performance over the past 3 years, even though the most recent one is weighed more heavily.

View attachment 884816

Anderson's play already fell off a cliff this season and it occurs at different times and rates for different players. Regardless of Palat being 3 years older, I don't see any serious argument for why anybody would prefer Anderson.

I already stated that taking out those two in the deal, it's still very lopsided towards Montreal and Xhekaj is a player that makes a ton more sense to stay with the Habs (where they can be patient with his development) versus a team like NJ that needs immediate help and a LD that can play on the PK, which is not something that Xhekaj can provide.

I have them as nullifiers because their cap hit, age, and production last year is similar. Not a huge gap. I'm not willing to go to war on this part of the trade package. Like I said, the only reason he was included was because the Devils GM said he would like to add size to the roster.

I think this is less about decline and more about Anderson committing to being more consistent. He talked about this in his exit interviews this past year. I expect some sort of rebound and no, i don't think he has declined to this level. I think he has slipped and needs a kick in the ass.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
terrible deal. This isn't the 2000's where players that are physical but provide no offense are valuable. come next trade deadline if he scored over 25 goals and the Habs are willing to take retain on him.

Dubois's monster contract was traded with no retention yesterday bud.

Remove Anderson/Palat if you wish.

Crazy8oooo

Puck Off!
Sep 12, 2010
Orange County
For the record this was also posted on the Habs board and was universally criticized so don’t chalk this one up to “Habs fans” please
I hear you and agree it’s not just a blanket “Habs fans” thing with this particular proposal. This is, however, an example as to why people give them sh*t though, despite it only being one fan who made the proposal.

junyab

Jan 22, 2013
No one wants Anderson, no one believes he carries any value whatsoever.

HBK27

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2005
Northern NJ
I have them as nullifiers because their cap hit, age, and production last year is similar. Not a huge gap. I'm not willing to go to war on this part of the trade package. Like I said, the only reason he was included was because the Devils GM said he would like to add size to the roster.

I think this is less about decline and more about Anderson committing to being more consistent. He talked about this in his exit interviews this past year. I expect some sort of rebound and no, i don't think he has declined to this level. I think he has slipped and needs a kick in the ass.

I mean...if you just look strictly at point totals, then I guess it's close. But look at the defensive metrics (89th percentile for Palat vs. 5th percentile for Anderson). Look at the other offensive metrics. Add in that a big part of the allure for Palat is his playoff history and experience on top of that. Just not that close IMO. I'm sure Anderson is better than what he showed last year though.

I believe Xhekaj has Romanov value and more.
* Romanov/3rd vs 13th
* Xhekaj/Avs 2nd vs 10th

Romanov had higher draft pedigree (early 2nd rounder) and was already playing more than 20 minutes a night his age 21-22 season (including 2:34 on the PK). He had significantly higher upside at the time of his trade. You can't also assume that one single trade sets a market value for any trade going forward.

Reactions: Devilsfan118

McJedi

Apr 21, 2020
Florida
Probably another one that gets shot down but chat away...

Xhekaj, Anderson, Avs 2nd
for
10th OA, Palat

Anderson and Palat both have 3 years left. Anderson brings in some size/skating/grit and there were rumors of the Devils offering a 1st for Anderson prior to last year. I'm not that excited about taking on Palat but he's only there to even out the cap.

Xhekaj may be an easy target to devalue but this guy is one I have a hard time putting on the table in a trade. Only 95 NHL games and his nasty physical side is exactly what you want in the playoffs. All he is missing is maturity/experience and one more complete season might do that. He could make the Habs look like fools for trading before we know how good he is. Some are saying he is a bottom pairing guy only but others see his top 4 physical presence.

Chatter I am hearing is the Devils are after size/skating/grit in their top 6 or top 9 and a LD.
You’re way off on value. Of course badly favoring the Habs.

But make the draft pick the Habs at 5th overall and see.

Habs move down to 10th overall but dump the brutal Anderson contract but also lose a big hard hitting young defender.

NJ dumps Palat, a better player than Anderson but not a good fit.

That seems like a fair trade value wise.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
I mean...if you just look strictly at point totals, then I guess it's close. But look at the defensive metrics (89th percentile for Palat vs. 5th percentile for Anderson). Look at the other offensive metrics. Add in that a big part of the allure for Palat is his playoff history and experience on top of that. Just not that close IMO. I'm sure Anderson is better than what he showed last year though.

Romanov had higher draft pedigree (early 2nd rounder) and was already playing more than 20 minutes a night his age 21-22 season (including 2:34 on the PK). He had significantly higher upside at the time of his trade. You can't also assume that one single trade sets a market value for any trade going forward.

I would say a Palat/Anderson flip would address the Size/Skater need the Devils are after. Unless they are after a more proven top 6 power forward but man, those are hard to acquire. Regardless, if the Devils hate Anderson that much, just take them both out.

Romanov being a 2nd rounder and Xhekaj being undrafted means nothing today. I know both players very well and some fans are overlooking Xhekaj's potential and that rare big nasty guy who has mobility. Not sure if you know me well but I was very high on Romanov too.

And you are incorrect.

Xhekaj isn't even close to Romanov (at time of trade), as far as the player and associated value goes.

I guess we both have our own opinions on that.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
You’re way off on value. Of course badly favoring the Habs.

But make the draft pick the Habs at 5th overall and see.

Habs move down to 10th overall but dump the brutal Anderson contract but also lose a big hard hitting young defender.

NJ dumps Palat, a better player than Anderson but not a good fit.

That seems like a fair trade value wise.

Nah, we are not desperate to move Anderson like you think we are. Just take Palat/Anderson out of it. The purpose of this trade is the Devils GM said he is after a forward with Size and he's after a LD as well. We are not including our 5th in order to unload Anderson. We don't have cap issues so that makes no sense at all. Have you learned anything about the Dubois trade yesterday? Probably not.

I'm sure you don't agree but I have Xhekaj with the same or better value than Romanov. Romanov/3rd vs 13th. Xhekaj/2nd vs 10th.

I was high on Romanov and I'm high on Xhekaj (Not high on drugs... go away nit picker/belittle people). I actually would be a little hesitant to make that trade because Xhekaj could burn us if we miss with the 10th pick.

Boss Man Hughes

Mar 15, 2022
I would understand the frustration if Devils fans were clamoring for Xhekaj and then talking him down (i.e. what happens with Necas and Zegras).

Much of the Xhekaj conversation is generated by Habs fans! Frankly, given his undrafted pedigree and sub 100 game sample of NHL play on a terrible team, he’s off the radar for most on this board.
NHL teams on the other hand are very interested. What they are willing to offer is the question. Injuries are somewhat of a concern but the ask would likely be pretty high.

Xirik

Sep 24, 2014
Alberta
NHL teams on the other hand are very interested. What they are willing to offer is the question. Injuries are somewhat of a concern but the ask would likely be pretty high.
Hilarious.

For the past three to four years Habs fans have been saying that GM's are interested yet he still hasn't moved. Are all the NHL teams lowballing hughes or is he nixing trades and being the stupidest GM in the league?

face it you don't know $$@! about what GM's are interested. This post is just made to protect your fragile fandom.

Reactions: Devilsfan118

HBK27

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2005
Northern NJ
I would say a Palat/Anderson flip would address the Size/Skater need the Devils are after. Unless they are after a more proven top 6 power forward but man, those are hard to acquire. Regardless, if the Devils hate Anderson that much, just take them both out.

Romanov being a 2nd rounder and Xhekaj being undrafted means nothing today. I know both players very well and some fans are overlooking Xhekaj's potential and that rare big nasty guy who has mobility. Not sure if you know me well but I was very high on Romanov too.

I personally wouldn't go about addressing that need by trading a more valuable player in Palat, but OK.

Romanov being a 2nd rounder was a small detail in what I wrote, though it does speak somewhat to potential for younger players. The bigger point that you failed to address was how much playing time Romanov had for the Canadiens at the time of the trade...not to mention that he played a good amount of games on a top KHL team his D+1 and D+2 years before directly making the jump to the NHL.

I get that you love Xhekaj (which is odd that you're trying to trade him), but objectively Romanov had more value at the time of his trade versus X now - he was already playing 20+ minutes a night and was a year younger than Xhekaj is now.

Garbageyuk

Dec 19, 2016
It probably takes something like Mailloux + 26th to get the Devils to give up the 10th. Xhekaj really isn’t worth much at this stage and the whole Anderson/Palat thing is just unnecessary, without even getting into any type of value discussion.

Normally, I’d say something like the 26th + a 2nd would be enough for a pick like 10th overall, but this draft is unusually stacked in the top 15 or so. There’s quite a significant drop off around ~16-17, so it’s going to take extra to trade into that.

Last edited:
Reactions: Eegs

Nocashstyle

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2009
NJ
It probably takes something like Mailloux + 26th to get the Devils to give up the 10th. Xhekaj really isn’t worth much at this stage and the whole Anderson/Palat thing is just unnecessary, without even getting into any type of value discussion.

Normally, I’d say something like the 26th + a 2nd would be enough for a pick like 10th overall, but this draft is unusually stacked in the top 15 or so. There’s quite a significant drop off around ~16-17, so it’s going to take extra to trade into that.

Ohh my god

Garbageyuk

Dec 19, 2016
Ohh my god
Seems to be the canned response Devils fans use in every single proposal for the 10th 😏. If you don’t want to trade it, just say that and spare everyone the histrionics and forced outrage. It’s a 10th overall pick, not Jack Hughes. Comparable picks have been traded recently for less than I proposed here.

Eegs

Jan 9, 2018
BC
I believe Xhekaj has Romanov value and more.
* Romanov/3rd vs 13th
* Xhekaj/Avs 2nd vs 10th
Sorry, but no way Xhekaj has more value than Romanov did at the time. I'm a big fan of Arber, but he is very much a project. Romanov had already proved to be an NHLer and had pedigree.

Reactions: dgibb10
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad