LeBrun: Guentzel: Pens want prospects over picks - Carolina favorite

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

BCNate

Apr 3, 2016
Carolina was never going to get him lets be honest. He's going to Vancouver or the Rangers.
Gonna be the Rangers. Othman and a 1st.

I think the Canucks are going to be going hard after Vatrano/Buchnevich/Toffoli. They just don't have pieces that make sense for a higj cost rental. At least the FV/PB give you an extra year.

Peter Griffin

Feb 13, 2003
Visit site
Elliotte’s earlier comments about Pittsburgh possibly needing to move Smith first to retain 50% on Guentzel and take back salary screams Vancouver and Mikheyev to me. Are they willing to move Lek+ to get Guentzel and sign him? Wouldn’t surprise me.

molon labe

Jul 13, 2016
Florida
Looking at the two clubs head to head [NY/CAR] - they're separated by only 5 goals scored on the year. Take away the let down loss and they're all even (they scored like 5 or 6 on the Rags one game right?)

It's an obvious statement this time of year to target big fish but if you're looking at an almost inevitable 2nd round matchup where a player statistically could make the difference to get to the conference finals....idk folks.

Then obviously Vancouver has to be looking at the moves made and wanting to pad up - but I also think Vancouver has their eye on the long term partner for EP. This may actually be forced to drag out the more you hear all these teams upping the offers.

WhiskeyYerTheDevils

yer leadin me astray
Sponsor
Apr 27, 2005
So, players in the post season can't elevate their respective play above their customary RS levels? Conversely, other players with gawdy RS numbers and with more scrutiny to their play have a tougher time producing?

You believe because they're dealing in a smaller sample size that those numbers are either irrelevant or inaccurate. I see it as when the lights are the brightest some step up their game and others don't.
They definitely can elevate their play in any given game, and often do. But you can't use those sorts of sample sizes to make predictive statements about future performance. Just like you shouldn't expect Jake Guentzel to shoot 20% during any given stretch of games like he has during his playoff career.

M2Beezy

Love ya Grubster
Sponsor
May 25, 2014
I think the Canucks have the pieces to make the Pens happy if their priority is prospects over picks:

To Vancouver: Guentzel, 2024 3rd

To Pittsburgh: Silovs, Klimovich, Truescott, Mueller, Forsell, 2026 5th

Svechhammer

THIS is hockey?
Jun 8, 2017
Freddie Andersen was just activated off IR, so that might be playing a bit into the waivers as well

Kupo

MAFIA, MOUNT UP!
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2017
Stamford CT
People of his status are rarely successful in the NHL; I don't need to watch him. He could just be a late bloomer, though.
Yes, you do need to watch him if you’re going to post about him. Forming an opinion about a player after googling his stats is asinine. It’s what New Sports Fans do.

Your username checks out 💯

Reactions: SRHRangers

Merc29

Sid ney Cr os by
Jul 3, 2006
Minot, ND
Just heard on 93.7 the fan, (missed the insider they were talking to, but they talking about) Rangers offer is Kakko and a 1st

newsportsfan123

Dec 16, 2019
Yes, you do need to watch him if you’re going to post about him. Forming an opinion about a player after googling his stats is asinine. It’s what New Sports Fans do.

Your username checks out 💯
I didn't google his stats I looked at how he compares to players that have been drafted since the 1990s, and none of his comparables were top-6 players except one, and that was Milan Michalek. That is more efficient and accurate than watching a player.

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
They definitely can elevate their play in any given game, and often do. But you can't use those sorts of sample sizes to make predictive statements about future performance. Just like you shouldn't expect Jake Guentzel to shoot 20% during any given stretch of games like he has during his playoff career.
And you predicate that opinion on what exactly? I'm dealing with real honest to god statistics. Aho and Jake played a similar number of games. It's not comparing a guy who played in 10 playoff games to a player who played in say 150. Now, if said numbers don't reflect your opinion on a given player you just dismiss them? Sure, you can do that but again then the debate is subjective. You can make any excuse you want to fit your narrative. Shooting %, opponent, linemates and on and on. I think an interesting component to playoff hockey is playing the same team over and over again. Are you more likely to figure out how to exploit their frailties and flaws? OR, do they figure your tendencies out? So many variables you can factor in if you want. The numbers are the numbers. Agree to disagree I guess.

SeanMoneyHands

Apr 18, 2019
People are going to upset when they hear Vegas getting Geuntzel. Vegas going all in to repeat and nobody will stop them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad