LeBrun: Guentzel: Pens want prospects over picks - Carolina favorite

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

DaveG

Noted Jerk
Apr 7, 2003
Winston-Salem NC
not sure the Canes would subtract Drury from their roster since they'd need another center but he's who would make the most sense here from us.

Pens1566

Aug 2, 2005
WV
Vegas has been a .500 team for about the last 3 months. If they lose early in the playoffs, that pick likely ends up around 20th overall.

I put their experience/past playoff performance as a greater indicator. Especially if they add in Guentzel.

krutovsdonut

eeyore
Sep 25, 2016
Yes, I'm the OP. I'm the one who posted this thread.

Since the LeBrun tweet, Friedman has come out and said he thinks the Canucks are a longshot for Guentzel because they don't have the ammo to get him.
well how about you take my team out of your thread title and then i won't click on your thread and find a glorified personal blog repeatedly trashing canuck prospects in a chain of consciousness ramble of self-owning? mm'kay? better yet, take some time away from the keyboard. you are making all pens fans look bad with this arrogant crap.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
well how about you take my team out of your thread title and then i won't click on your thread and find a glorified personal blog repeatedly trashing canuck prospects in a chain of consciousness ramble of self-owning? mm'kay? better yet, take some time away from the keyboard. you are making all pens fans look bad with this arrogant crap.

Okay buddy whatever floats your boat :laugh:

JKG33

Leafs & Kings
Oct 31, 2009
Winnipeg
I don't trade Hoglander if I'm the Canucks. He's too valuable of a piece on great terms.

2025 1st
Podkolzin
Raty

Is tops I'd do, and I'd be hesitant to do the trade as I do believe Raty and Podkolzin are going to be good NHL'ers
I think this is about as good of an offer as Pittsburgh is going to get tbh. Especially if they're valuing prospects over picks. That 1st could easily be flipped between now and June 2025

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
I think this is about as good of an offer as Pittsburgh is going to get tbh. Especially if they're valuing prospects over picks. That 1st could easily be flipped between now and June 2025

That offer gets absolutely smoked by anything Vegas would offer.

Podkolzin sucks. In his draft+5 year, he's the 6th leading scorer on his AHL team.

Pens1566

Aug 2, 2005
WV

Fun fact, you can always ignore a thread.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
I can't wait for this trade to happen. Either you'll be proven right and can pat yourself on the back until you dislocate your shoulder, or the more likely version you end up incredibly disappointed in the return

Cool story bro. Doesn't change that Podkolzin sucks.

Raty is a good prospect, I'll give him that. But Podkolzin is in his draft+5 year and he's the 6th leading scorer on his AHL team. How does that have any sort of value?

Sam Poulin is a better looking prospect than Podkolzin at this time and most Penguins fans have written him off.

pth2

Jan 7, 2018
Waiting until the last minute does not optimize value, who told you that? If anything it risks teams going in another direction and his value dropping. It's already very close to the deadline.
That's precisely why Montreal moved Monahan early.

oceanchild

Jul 5, 2009
Whitehorse, YT
This is the biggest deal to make and I assume he doesn't want there to be any surprises on deadline day. And he needs time to blow up the rest of the roster.
Teams are also probably telling him they need to know as they are also pursuing other options and that the offer is time restricted. It takes a buyer and a seller and we should expect the buyers who miss out to protect themselves with the only tool they have…. Time

Simple concept me thinks

Artemi Panarin

Aug 3, 2021
Ко́ркино
I can't wait for this trade to happen. Either you'll be proven right and can pat yourself on the back until you dislocate your shoulder, or the more likely version you end up incredibly disappointed in the return
He's so holier than thou, it's hilarious.

Like he knows what teams are offering or what his team would and wouldn't accept. It's all speculation because that's all we can do as fans. It's not that serious.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
That’s an assumption on what they are willing to give up. They haven’t made a trade yet, which might indicate that teams are reductant or refuse to pay what you’re expecting.

There have been like 3 trades made so far this year. The lack of a trade yet doesn't say anything.

What we can confidently say, though, is that a guy in his draft+5 year who's not even a top-5 scorer on his AHL team nad hasn't shown he can hang in the NHL isn't worth anything as a prospect.

Reactions: DingDongCharlie

oceanchild

Jul 5, 2009
Whitehorse, YT
Cool story bro. Doesn't change that Podkolzin sucks.

Raty is a good prospect, I'll give him that. But Podkolzin is in his draft+5 year and he's the 6th leading scorer on his AHL team. How does that have any sort of value?

Sam Poulin is a better looking prospect than Podkolzin at this time and most Penguins fans have written him off.
He was also out for a significant period of time. He is a good player and was sent down to regain his confidence and learn more structure. The issue was that he was playing to safe and was reluctant because he didn’t want to make a mistake.

The guys on the team and tocchet love his work ethic and drive and he is just going through the same process as Hoglander did and that worked out in spades. He played last game and was good and is playing today as well. I get you can’t watch all teams, but he is a solid prospect and if he is still around, he will be in the top 9 for Van next year and I bet he gets 20 goals. Save this receipt.

Reactions: MarkusNaslund19
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad