LeBrun: Guentzel: Pens want prospects over picks - Carolina favorite

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Luigi Lemieux

Sep 26, 2003
Edmonton just waived Gagner so they might be in.

Vancouver, Vegas, Carolina, Edmonton seem to be the teams involved.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
Maybe statistically but not stylistically. Zucker was also playing about 4 minutes more per game.

No, statistically and stylistically. Zucker was a fast and feisty forechecker that got a lot of 5v5 production. Hoglander to Zucker is a perfectly accurate comparison.

Anyway, this doesn't change that Hoglander's upside is probably only a speedy 2nd line forechecker, which was the original point of what I was saying.

• Haha
Reactions: Frankie Blueberries

SeanMoneyHands

Apr 18, 2019
Hoglander, Raty, 1st probably gets it done. I could also see Hoglander, Raty, Podkolzin, 2025 2nd or something like that as well.

An interesting aspect to this discussion to is the "they don't want to resign him". Well...if Jake wants to stay in Pittsburgh...

If Edmonton wants Jake @50%, I would want Dubas to absolutely loot anything of value not bolted down in Edmonton.

I would rather offer Garland than Hoglander. But Garland doesn't have much value.

Frankie Blueberries

Dream Team
Jan 27, 2016
No, statistically and stylistically. Zucker was a fast and feisty forechecker that got a lot of 5v5 production. Hoglander to Zucker is a perfectly accurate comparison.

Anyway, this doesn't change that Hoglander's upside is probably only a speedy 2nd line forechecker, which was the original point of what I was saying.
Lol at telling someone who has watched every game of Hoglander’s career who his comparables are. It’s Arvidsson. You are insufferable.

letsgowings9999

May 13, 2023
Instead of waiting till Friday if need be dubas for som reason needs it done by tomorrow? Lmao what a gm

Because they have other pieces to sell and Guentzel is likely holding up the winger market.

After trading Guentzel, they'll also want to trade Smith and similar teams would be interested in Smiht.
By other pieces you mean just Smith? Lol guentzel is their biggest trade chip ... should be zero rush to make the move

Luigi Lemieux

Sep 26, 2003
Instead of waiting till Friday if need be dubas for som reason needs it done by tomorrow? Lmao what a gm
This is the biggest deal to make and I assume he doesn't want there to be any surprises on deadline day. And he needs time to blow up the rest of the roster.

Reactions: domaug

ikyan

Apr 29, 2014
Kingston

By other pieces you mean just Smith? Lol guentzel is their biggest trade chip ... should be zero rush to make the move
They should trade Marcus Pettersson as well. He's had a great year and would fetch a good return.

Either way, doing the Guentzel trade early clears time for secondary trades to also get done.

Reactions: Lemieuxs

letsgowings9999

May 13, 2023
Yes, I meant Reilly Smith. There is apparently a good amount of interest in him and I bet most teams who miss out on Guentzel would circle back to Smith as an option.
Pens cant afford to f*** io the guentzel trade if it takes till Friday so be it

Offer to eat half the money and send smith to vegas for a 1st and call it a day ... vegas have no prospects or young players I'd be interested in if I was loving guentzel

Pens1566

Aug 2, 2005
WV
A '24 1st from VGK really doesn't toot my horn that much. Odds are it's super late unless the wheels fall off.

PajamaBoy

Sponsor
Sep 16, 2020
Cool story bro.

I'm happy Vegas is most likely going to trade for Guentzel so I don't have to read any more nonsense about Hoglander from Canucks fans.
Brother just let it happen. Fans don't make trades. Clueless out of touch, often revered by mouth breather fans, old hockey men make trades. No need to pretend tradecraft when 96 percent of trades that actually take place never even get close to what fans theorize.

Luigi Lemieux

Sep 26, 2003
Pens cant afford to f*** io the guentzel trade if it takes till Friday so be it

Offer to eat half the money and send smith to vegas for a 1st and call it a day ... vegas have no prospects or young players I'd be interested in if I was loving guentzel
Waiting until the last minute does not optimize value, who told you that? If anything it risks teams going in another direction and his value dropping. It's already very close to the deadline.

Russian_fanatic

Jan 19, 2004
I don't trade Hoglander if I'm the Canucks. He's too valuable of a piece on great terms.

2025 1st
Podkolzin
Raty

Is tops I'd do, and I'd be hesitant to do the trade as I do believe Raty and Podkolzin are going to be good NHL'ers

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
lol, so says an op, a pens fan, posting in his own thread with vancouver and vgk the teams mentioned in the title based on a tweet yesterday from lebrun.

Yes, I'm the OP. I'm the one who posted this thread.

Since the LeBrun tweet, Friedman has come out and said he thinks the Canucks are a longshot for Guentzel because they don't have the ammo to get him.

letsgowings9999

May 13, 2023
They should trade Marcus Pettersson as well. He's had a great year and would fetch a good return.

Either way, doing the Guentzel trade early clears time for secondary trades to also get done.
Doesn't he have a lot of term left? Cant imagine a bunch of teams calling

I got a friend who's a frustrated pens fan and I always tell him... eat a million if you have to and move Karlsson.(think his actual salary is 8??) You can't have karlsson and letang on the same roster and dubas never should have made a trade for him

Waiting until the last minute does not optimize value, who told you that? If anything it risks teams going in another direction and his value dropping. It's already very close to the deadline.
I wouldnt be setting a time to when my best asset gets moved but that just me. Good luck

ikyan

Apr 29, 2014
Kingston
Doesn't he have a lot of term left? Cant imagine a bunch of teams calling

I got a friend who's a frustrated pens fan and I always tell him... eat a million if you have to and move Karlsson.(think his actual salary is 8??) You can't have karlsson and letang on the same roster and dubas never should have made a trade for him
He's got 1yr after this at 4m.

Reactions: letsgowings9999
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad