LeBrun: Guentzel: Pens want prospects over picks - Carolina favorite

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
the fact the canucks are still in the forefront of this suggests to me the pens are struggling to get a good offer and it will likely be vegas because only vegas proffers a first. canucks already made a big move and a second deal for guentzel hat somehow outbids a vegas offer that includes the vgk first in this draft would require smoke and mirrors to pull off.

or to put it another way, if the canucks are front runners then four of the six teams in the mix cannot beat the canucks offer which implies the pens are getting lowballed left and right, probably because they took the first off the table. the very fact the pens say they will entertain a no 1st offer is like a price reduction on a house. other offers are probably teams throwing a couple of out of favour prospects at the wall hoping the pens covet someone they do not.

The Canucks aren't at the forefront of this according to Friedman. It's just their fans and local media who keep pushing them.

Frankie Blueberries

Dream Team
Jan 27, 2016
I don't think he has a notably high upside that makes him a must-acquire if he's on the table.

Hoglander's upside is a Jason Zucker type of 2nd liner. That's a good player, but not "you have to get this guy if you can!" good.
Not a great comparison. Hoglander has scored all of his goals 5-on-5 as he pretty much never plays on the PP, and spent 3/4 of this season playing in the bottom 6 with limited ice time. He is also quite feisty on the forecheck, strong on the boards, and shifty with the puck. I would say Arvidsson might be a better comparable.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
Not a great comparison. Hoglander has scored all of his goals 5-on-5 as he pretty much never plays on the PP, and spent 3/4 of this season playing in the bottom 6 with limited ice time. He is also quite feisty on the forecheck, strong on the boards, and shifty with the puck. I would say Arvidsson might be a better comparable.

Okay. Go look at Jason Zucker at Hoglander's age.

What you're describing is literally 23 year old Jason Zucker. Zucker also had a season where he put up downright asinine 5v5 goal totals as a young player, he had 21 goals in 51 games as a 23 year old with 19 of them at even strength.

mkatcherin00

Apr 2, 2023
Edmonton just waived Gagner. Making room for Guentzel? I think they win the cup adding another ppg forward that excels in the playoffs.
Guentzel doesn't push them over the hump, but helps. Tough league. Plus Skinner might be better lately, but he stumbled last playoffs

The main stat Edmonton is at the bottom in is high danger save %...

Tops in preventing high dangers and tops in generating high dangers

UrbanImpact

Apr 12, 2021
Definitely sounds like it would have to be something like

Hoglander, 1st 2025, Cole Mcward for the Canucks

Dont think Canucks are offering it though.

Canucks probably trying to hardball it down to Podkolzin instead of Hoglander. but likely they are just being used to drive up the price on Vegas,

I think JG is a Knight by Friday.

Frankie Blueberries

Dream Team
Jan 27, 2016
Okay. Go look at Jason Zucker at Hoglander's age.

What you're describing is literally 23 year old Jason Zucker. Zucker also had a season where he put up downright asinine 5v5 goal totals as a young player, he had 21 goals in 51 games as a 23 year old with 19 of them at even strength.
Maybe statistically but not stylistically. Zucker was also playing about 4 minutes more per game.

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
Definitely sounds like it would have to be something like

Hoglander, 1st 2025, Cole Mcward for the Canucks

Dont think Canucks are offering it though.

Canucks probably trying to hardball it down to Podkolzin instead of Hoglander. but likely they are just being used to drive up the price on Vegas,

I think JG is a Knight by Friday.
I hope someone locks up Mccrimmon in a room without a phone until after the trade deadline. No way this team should be buying anything right now. I would rather sell to be honest.

• Wow
Reactions: MiddleEarth

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
Anyway, Vegas is far and away the most likely team here with probably something like Brisson, Cataford and a 2024 1st being the return. Maybe the Penguins can get an additional prospect or something, but I think Brisson, Cataford and the 1st is a reasonable expectation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad