LeBrun: Guentzel: Pens want prospects over picks - Carolina favorite

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

The Old Master

come and take it.
Sep 27, 2004
burgh
all i can say is, that with so many teams that would love to get jake, including one gm jr. there will be one team that's willing to overpay. even if their fans don't think it's necessary.

Reactions: Darren McCord

Tact

Jul 9, 2006
There we go!! Can we all be nice now?

Canucks new offer - expires in 24hrs LOL

Mikheyev, Podkolzin, Raty, 1st in 25’ 2nd in 25’ for Guentzel

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
I mean is this really that great of a haul? I’d take the package Lindholm got over this
The difference is the Penguins are getting cost-controlled prospects and a 1st round pick in addition to the cap space ($6mil minus Brisson). So having an additional $5+mil in space could be value to the Penguins now before the TDL as they can retain salary or take a UFA cap dump for additional assets and it's valuable come the off-season to make a trade or sign a different FA.

The Lindholm deal is a smidge different since I think part of that deal was Calgary taking Kuzmenko and his contract. I think that's where the extra assets come in at. This is a much cleaner, leaner deal for both teams.

Apr 9, 2009
USA
I've deleted all kinds of stuff that I truly have no clue why you wrote to me. You sent paragraphs of stuff that has nothing to do with anything I've said, but I will respond to this particularly baffling response.

You don't seem to understand YOU responded to ME.

And in YOUR response, you referred to "Vancouver's garbage."

The only point I've ever made in this entire thread was that I thought it was bizarre that the OP made the price tag for the Canucks to acquire Guentzel significantly higher than the price tag for other teams.

He was called out on this by various posters, doubled down and said absurd things like Brisson was worth the same as Hoglander and then went back and edited his original post.

As I read through the thread, it became clear that he had an obvious agenda and made this thread when he was already ruffled about some other thread and some other comments from alleged Canucks fans so I guess his original post was his childish response to that, but then after he was repeatedly called out for his post, he went and edited it.

The only trade offer from the Canucks I have ever commented on, was Hoglander, Raty and a 1st round draft pick. Then YOU respond to ME and talk about "Vancouver's garbage."

Just a little tip for how this place works: if you click "reply" it's generally a good idea to respond to the post you're replying to. Otherwise, it's confusing for everyone and nobody can follow what you mean. For you to reply to my post - which wasn't even directed at you - and then tell me that Pittsburgh doesn't want Vancouver's garbage is one thing. But now, when I told you I thought that was an idiotic claim, for you once again to hit reply and go on a multi-paragraph rant that is largely not connected to what I've said at all again seems to indicate that you're not quite sure how this all works. Even stranger to go all caps about how you never ever made the claim that you quite clearly did is frankly more than a little odd. I have only ever mentioned one trade offer in here. You hit replay talking about Vancouver's offer being garbage, and then you hit replay again and said you never said.

Do me favour - don't reply to my posts anymore. You're not actually reading them and your replys aren't connected to what I'm saying. Stop wasting both of our time.

Just ignore him if you are gonna get this worked up. Christ

K Fleur

Sacrifice
Mar 28, 2014
Yes that somebody is me. And I still wouldn't trade Hog for Guentzel one for one.

He plays 11 mins a game and almost has as many goals as Guentzel. At 1/6th of the cost. Oh and he's signed for next year.

Don't know why I even have to spell this all out. It's common sense really.

Lol This reads: “blah blah blah gives us your good players for our bad ones, you can’t have our ok ones”

Reactions: Turin

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA

I don't think the Oilers have the assets to pull off Guentzel, but they're apparently still in on him according to Friedman.

The Oilers are the absolute least attractive trade option for Guentzel, though. It's not even close, they have almost nothing I'd want. All of their recent 1st rounders aren't progressing well and they can't draft outside of the 1st round to save their lives.

Reactions: KrisLetAngry

Dipsy Doodle

Rent A Barn
May 28, 2006
There we go!! Can we all be nice now?

Canucks new offer - expires in 24hrs LOL

Mikheyev, Podkolzin, Raty, 1st in 25’ 2nd in 25’ for Guentzel
Eugh.

Let it expire. No Pens fan should shed a tear over that grab bag of nothing.

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010

I don't think the Oilers have the assets to pull off Guentzel, but they're apparently still in on him according to Friedman.

The Oilers are the absolute least attractive trade option for Guentzel, though. It's not even close, they have almost nothing I'd want. All of their recent 1st rounders aren't progressing well and they can't draft outside of the 1st round to save their lives.

Guentzel would be an "over the top" piece for them so they "should be in on him".

If not Guentzel, they would be a good destination for Smith as well. Adding a strong middle-6 wing to the mix should be something they look at. They might be able to get another team to take on half the salary this year and next.

I think Edmonton's current lineup of assets available for trade lineup much better for Smith compared to Guentzel. Even though Dubas said he wants a player, prospects like Bourgault, Petrov, Tullio, Lavoie, etc are much more in the Smith category.

molon labe

Jul 13, 2016
Florida

2 1sts and Foegele +
* If they win the cup throw in additional draft capital

So yeah, unlikely.

Big Daddy Cane

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 8, 2010
Western PA
If Nashville put its 1st on the table, Pittsburgh’s taking it. That pick from a bubble team is the desired value piece for a top end rental. I’m guessing it’s not being offered right now, hence the rumor about prioritizing a prospect.

Playing around with PuckPedia’s new draft value tool (Link), the difference between 19, Nashville’s current pick by P%, and say 27 is equivalent to a non-playoff team’s 2nd round pick (43OA). And that’s if that type of trade is even available to make; the difference could higher in reality. 1st round swaps aren’t that frequent.

SomeDude

Mar 6, 2006
Pittsburghish
If Nashville put its 1st on the table, Pittsburgh’s taking it. That pick from a bubble team is the desired value piece for a top end rental. I’m guessing it’s not being offered right now, hence the rumor about prioritizing a prospect.

Playing around with PuckPedia’s new draft value tool (Link), the difference between 19, Nashville’s current pick by P%, and say 27 is equivalent to a non-playoff team’s 2nd round pick (43OA). And that’s if that type of trade is even available to make; the difference could higher in reality. 1st round swaps aren’t that frequent.
Dubas is prioritizing prospects over picks because they closer to making an NHL impact and his impossible marching orders are to remain competitive while rebuilding.

Reactions: orby
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad