GDT: Group S • May 7 • Czech Republic 4, Norway 3 (SO)

Status
Not open for further replies.

TollefsenFan

Apr 29, 2010
K-town
That would only work in NHL........Lauridsen is 1.97 and HUGE 104 KG. Tollefsen a small Norwegian of 1.88 and 95 kg. Can't have two powerhouses unless they both stand in front of the goal and cover it with their big frames :laugh:
Big Tollefsen and small Larsen would be a good compliment IMO.

Well Tollefsen plays like he is 1.88 and 400 kgs ;) But cmon. Just think about this. Crosby goes forward with the puck and gets sandwiched by Tolle and Lauridsen :D mmmmm sweeeeet!

Justinov

Apr 30, 2012
Copenhagen
Well Tollefsen plays like he is 1.88 and 400 kgs ;) But cmon. Just think about this. Crosby goes forward with the puck and gets sandwiched by Tolle and Lauridsen :D mmmmm sweeeeet!

Then it's Tollefsen that has to move, because Lauridsen is not a very good scater (yet), so that's why his game fits much more NHL than international rink. You would like a Crosby sandwich :laugh:

TollefsenFan

Apr 29, 2010
K-town
Hahaha Holøs played more then 11 mins the first period ... uhhhh i think we will loose the third period big time

TollefsenFan

Apr 29, 2010
K-town
Why dosent Spets get a new chance in Sel? I mean he is the BEST player in the norwegian league. He got everything. Blocks shot, good speed and can score a few goals....

Justinov

Apr 30, 2012
Copenhagen
Either czechs suck bad,or Norway is just THAT good.

Even though Norway don't have many NHL forwards (except Zuccarello - injured) they still have some really strong SEL players and KHL. It's the defence depth that is lacking. Nothing wrong with the forwards, and their PP is truly deadly!

TollefsenFan

Apr 29, 2010
K-town
Even though Norway don't have many NHL forwards (except Zuccarello - injured) they still have some really strong SEL players and KHL. It's the defence depth that is lacking. Nothing wrong with the forwards, and their PP is truly deadly!

Zuce is the only current NHL player, but people underestimate the swedish eliteleague. We got 13 players from perhaps the 3rd best league in the world. + one of the best KHLrs in Thoresen. Thoresen got the +/- record in the KHL with his + 45. So i think we got a good roster this year.

Justinov

Apr 30, 2012
Copenhagen
Zuce is the only current NHL player, but people underestimate the swedish eliteleague. We got 13 players from perhaps the 3rd best league in the world. + one of the best KHLrs in Thoresen. Thoresen got the +/- record in the KHL with his + 45. So i think we got a good roster this year.

Many of the norwegian SEL players are really stars in the Swedish league. Skrøder is legend.

BalticWarrior

Apr 28, 2012
Riga

Wouldn`t say SEL is 3d in the world i think SM-liiga is a bit better ;)
But thats just my opinion

Justinov

Apr 30, 2012
Copenhagen
Wouldn`t say SEL is 3d in the world i think SM-liiga is a bit better ;)
But thats just my opinion

Hard to say, maybe it's a matter of taste but Swedish league bleeds a lot of people to NHL/AHL these years, maybe a bit fewer in the SM-liiga, so the remaining are a bit stronger.
.....but Swiss teams are also getting stronger every year.

TollefsenFan

Apr 29, 2010
K-town
Many of the norwegian SEL players are really stars in the Swedish league. Skrøder is legend.

The most important thing is that our players are so different. Forsberg, Hansen, Ask are strong deffensive centers. Bastiansen, Olimb, Skrøder are great goal scorers. Holtet and Røymark just work hard all over the ice.

Justinov

Apr 30, 2012
Copenhagen
It's simply that I'm so amazed by the Swiss depth in everything. Good goalies, excellent defenders and also good in offence. Not more players in NHL than Denmark, but what quality of their domestic players.

BalticWarrior

Apr 28, 2012
Riga
It's simply that I'm so amazed by the Swiss depth in everything. Good goalies, excellent defenders and also good in offence. Not more players in NHL than Denmark, but what quality of their domestic players.

Yeah swiss are outstanding at building their hockey programme.

member 116805

Czechs turned up the tempo a little for some shifts, pinned Norway in their own zone.
Need to keep it simple and keep cleaning the zone

TollefsenFan

Apr 29, 2010
K-town

Agreed. The Swiss got alot of talent! No doubt about that. I would rank the top 16 like this
The best
1 Canada
2 Sweden
3 Russia
4 USA
5 Finland
6 Check rep
7 Swiss
8 Slovakia
9 Germany
10 Belarus
11 Latvia
-------------------------
Weaker teams
12 Denmark
13 Norway
14 Austria
15 France
16 Slovenia
-------------------

But i maybe wrong, but thats my opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad