What is Peyton Krebs?

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Dingo44

We already won the trade
Sponsor
Jul 21, 2015
Greensboro, NC
Screenshot_20240320_163209_Instagram.jpg

tsujimoto74

May 28, 2012
He has some feistiness in his game. They need to harness that into a focused pesty role, because I don’t think Krebs has learned much at all about at all how to pick his spots on offense, and I don’t see him panning out as a top 6 scorer.

Reactions: Dirty Dog

Jersey Fan 12

Positive Vibes
Nov 20, 2006
Didn't realize he played 80 games but had just 13 points.

Restricted free agent. What kind of value does he have and is it with Buffalo or elsewhere?

My Cozen Dylan

Feb 21, 2014
Jacksonville, FL

Restricted free agent. What kind of value does he have and is it with Buffalo or elsewhere?
EH has his expected contract at 2 x $1.75M. Perfectly fine money for a bottom-6 guy, but he may be best suited as part of a package for a better player if another GM thinks a change of scenery could reignite his offensive game.

Reactions: HOOats

buffalowing88

Aug 11, 2008
Charlotte, NC

17 points actually. But he was stuck with Girgensons/Okposo/various other scrubs on the 4th line for most of the year. At this point, a change in scenery may be best for him and us alike. I still think he could be a 45-50 point second line tweener but Buffalo doesn't seem to have the role for him available. Ruff does like guys like him, though, so who knows.

Reactions: Snippit

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
17 points actually. But he was stuck with Girgensons/Okposo/various other scrubs on the 4th line for most of the year. At this point, a change in scenery may be best for him and us alike. I still think he could be a 45-50 point second line tweener but Buffalo doesn't seem to have the role for him available. Ruff does like guys like him, though, so who knows.

And yet when with Skinner, there was very little offensive production. Perhaps with Ruff as HC, there will be more emphasis on cycle and play to the net that he seems like he could do when playing with guys like Girgensons and Okposo but just disappears when with everyone else.

Reactions: buffalowing88

Old Navy Goat

Apr 24, 2003
Pattaya Thailand aka adult Disneyland
And yet when with Skinner, there was very little offensive production. Perhaps with Ruff as HC, there will be more emphasis on cycle and play to the net that he seems like he could do when playing with guys like Girgensons and Okposo but just disappears when with everyone else.
For me, Krebs seems too passive. He's a passenger vice the conductor. He's not close to the player he was in Winnepeg

pf8363

Feb 17, 2015
Who is Peyton Krebs? An AHLer who’s been getting NHL opportunities due to being a first round pick. Similar to Tyson Jost. He should not be given a qualifying offer

Reactions: Beerz

Push Dr Tracksuit

Gerstmann 3:16
Jun 9, 2012
If I’m giving everyone else the benefit of the coaches suck doubt I guess I should give it to him as well. Fiesty, high tempo agitator with some middle 6 ability who has had his development derailed by coaches that don’t know what he is.

I’m not a fan. Feels like a player that if Lindy takes a liking to him could become a very good tempo player in the bottom 6.

Reactions: goach

toomuchsauce

Jan 7, 2015
He's probably going to be an inspiring career-reclamation story, ala Briere or William Karlsson, for some other team. Maybe Utah. He could be reverse-Briere.

Ehran

Sponsor
Feb 2, 2019
Texas
He's too young for the time he's getting in the NHL.

His style of play really needs physical development to be successful.

Not to mention all the blind and behind the back passes to nowhere.

I think it will be interesting to see what a coach like Ruff can do for him.

kirby11

Mar 16, 2011
Buffalo, NY
Feel like the shine has really worn off Krebs over the past year. Maybe this is the year he takes a step forward offensively, but I doubt it. Appreciate his peskiness, but he's a black hole in the offensive zone far too often, and he'll be stapled to the bench pretty quickly under Ruff if he keeps up with all the blind passes leading to easy turnovers for the other team. I also hope he's outgrown his extreme reluctance/aversion to shooting. It's insane how often he'll opt out of what could be decent looks at the net for a less effective pass.

Reactions: Sabresfansince1980

Beerz

Jun 28, 2011
I'm curious if the rattiness returns under Ruff.

Seems he had his pee pee slapped y Granato or got sick of being ragdolled

Reactions: Dirty Dog

Zman5778

Oct 4, 2005
Cressona/Reading, PA
I'm curious if the rattiness returns under Ruff.

Seems he had his pee pee slapped y Granato or got sick of being ragdolled

Granato neutered a LOT of any inherent physicality in the team last year. Dahlin didn't often have his usual snarl. Hell, Clifton wasn't as physical as advertised either. Krebs was tame. Greenway has some snarl, but didn't show it.

Krebs is a guy who could flourish under Ruff.

Sabresfansince1980

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2011
from Wheatfield, NY
Granato neutered a LOT of any inherent physicality in the team last year. Dahlin didn't often have his usual snarl. Hell, Clifton wasn't as physical as advertised either. Krebs was tame. Greenway has some snarl, but didn't show it.

Krebs is a guy who could flourish under Ruff.
I'm afraid that "flourish" will have limits based on his skill set. I would be happy for him to settle in as a pesky but responsible 4C that can rack up 30 pts depending on his wingers. He just doesn't have the talent to be much more.

Reactions: kirby11 and Tatanka

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad