GDT: Group S • May 7 • Czech Republic 4, Norway 3 (SO)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Justinov

Apr 30, 2012
Copenhagen
The most important thing is that our players are so different. Forsberg, Hansen, Ask are strong deffensive centers. Bastiansen, Olimb, Skrøder are great goal scorers. Holtet and Røymark just work hard all over the ice.

That is very true. Of the Danish NHL we have three centers (Regin, Nielsen, Eller) and 3 right wings (Hansen, N. Jensen, Bødker, though Bødker can play both wings), but no true left wing (except N. Hardt in Jokerit, that might end up in NHL). They are all 2-ways players, but maybe N.Jensen & Bødker that might be snipers eventually, they have fairly similar types of game.

Justinov

Apr 30, 2012
Copenhagen
Agreed. The Swiss got alot of talent! No doubt about that. I would rank the top 16 like this
The best
1 Canada
2 Sweden
3 Russia
4 USA
5 Finland
6 Check rep
7 Swiss
8 Slovakia
9 Germany
10 Belarus
11 Latvia
-------------------------
Weaker teams
12 Denmark
13 Norway
14 Austria
15 France
16 Slovenia
-------------------

But i maybe wrong, but thats my opinion.

Yeah you got Norway as one of the weaker teams :laugh: - you watch the current game :D

member 116805

Crap, total collapse in out own zone and an awful high cleaning to the neutral zone leads to a goal. 2-2

BalticWarrior

Apr 28, 2012
Riga
Agreed. The Swiss got alot of talent! No doubt about that. I would rank the top 16 like this
The best
1 Canada
2 Sweden
3 Russia
4 USA
5 Finland
6 Check rep
7 Swiss
8 Slovakia
9 Germany
10 Belarus
11 Latvia
-------------------------
Weaker teams
12 Denmark
13 Norway
14 Austria
15 France
16 Slovenia
-------------------

But i maybe wrong, but thats my opinion.

Would rank latvia above belarus,maybe even above germany,but i`m biased so whatever.

Justinov

Apr 30, 2012
Copenhagen
Not national teams alone, but hockey nations :) Our own league is weak!

Oh just misunderstood. Yes then you are right that both Danish and Norwegian leagues are weak. But Austrian Red Bull Salzburg won the European Trophy 2011. So Austria league should be better than Both Norway and Denmark.

member 116805

Norwegians got really tired there at the end. Saved by intermission!

TollefsenFan

Apr 29, 2010
K-town
Oh just misunderstood. Yes then you are right that both Danish and Norwegian leagues are weak. But Austrian Red Bull Salzburg won the European Trophy 2011. So Austria league should be better than Both Norway and Denmark.

Ofc but their national team sucks ;) My ranking is about both national team and league. I just dnt see any point in ranking just national teams. But that just me i guess :P

BalticWarrior

Apr 28, 2012
Riga
The problem with us mediocre teams- latvia,denmark,norway is that we can keep up with the big teams only for so long,just as they shift gears theres no chance.

TollefsenFan

Apr 29, 2010
K-town
Would rank latvia above belarus,maybe even above germany,but i`m biased so whatever.

Well, maybe, but the Belarusians got some good NHLrs ;) but hey im no expert when it comes to the latvian and belarus league.

Ive been to Riga btw ;) Im watching tv in my Dinamo riga sweather ;)

Justinov

Apr 30, 2012
Copenhagen
The problem with us mediocre teams- latvia,denmark,norway is that we can keep up with the big teams only for so long,just as they shift gears theres no chance.

It's because we have to play our best lines until they drop of fatigue while they can cycle all 4 lines. In a tournament like this....it will be who is less tired in the end of the group plays.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad