OT: Gooooooal!! The All-Purpose Association Football Thread #16 - Tis the Season

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Scott04

Sep 13, 2010
New Jersey
While you're watching Red Bulls videos, watch the one on Fernando, their equipment guy. He needs more recognition, dammit.

Cheddabombs

Status Quo
Mar 13, 2012
I highly highly doubt that Manchester United sell Rooney to another team in the BPL. Top teams rarely do that. I do think he will leave, but I believe it will be PSG or Bayern

Well it is just a rumour after all, Jovetic, Higuain, and Remy are much more realistic targets for Arsenal.

Scott04

Sep 13, 2010
New Jersey
I saw that one too. He seems like the man. Really respect him based on that vid

He is/you definitely should. I've worked with a bunch of great people in my (almost) 3 years there. Fernando is likely far and away the kindest. He just puts you in a good mood just by being there. And he's always been very good to me in my limited interaction with him on a game by game basis.

DatBoyJPP

Good Night
Jul 30, 2009
Blairstown
No reason to be worried at this point. Red Bull has the money and MLS wants 2 teams in New York. Red Bull isn't in danger of failing, they just need to keep all their NJ fans

DatBoyJPP

Good Night
Jul 30, 2009
Blairstown
I don't see many fans leaving, at least not ones that go to games. The burden will be on the new team to get fans but with Yankee and Man City money I'm sure they will pull out all the stops to do so. We'll see though

Scott04

Sep 13, 2010
New Jersey
the Red Bulls have all of the power in the world to not let this **** them over. If NYC FC puts together a great staff, they'll put themselves on equal footing with the Red Bulls for support, which is fine for both teams (or at least, doesn't have to be a negative). But unless the Red Bulls either get better people in there, or learn to **** up less, they'll get bypassed by this new team. Unless they hire incompetent people on their end. If that happens, then hooray double the incompetency?

Fitzy

Very Stable Genius
Jan 29, 2009
What a mess. Cosmos, RB, and City all 30 miles from each other.

Scott04

Sep 13, 2010
New Jersey
What a mess. Cosmos, RB, and City all 30 miles from each other.

The Cosmos are completely irrelevant to the picture. They balked at paying the franchise fee to be an MLS team so they're in the lower league. They're not going to be a draw for fans or top talent and will essentially fill the role of a minor league baseball team. They'll be a draw in their local community, but no one will care on a grander scale.

Devils Trap

May 6, 2009
New Jersey
I would stay a Red Bull suporter no matter what. Man City is part running the new team ?? Well that rules me out of rooting for them

Scott04

Sep 13, 2010
New Jersey
I would stay a Red Bull suporter no matter what. Man City is part running the new team ?? Well that rules me out of rooting for them

My Red Bulls connection aside, its the same deal for me. Man City AND the Yankees owning them? Two reasons for me to never root for them, so I'm satisfied enough.

Scott04

Sep 13, 2010
New Jersey
Pretty much. Nostalgia may get some people to check them out. Then when they realize its not a top league, its 2nd tier talent, and that there are teams in the top domestic league miles away from where they're located... no one will stick with it. There's little reason to.

njdevsfn95

Help JJJ, Sprite.
Jul 30, 2006
RB needs to drop NY from its name.

Its really that simple. Enter into some sort of partnership with the Devils to advertise during their offseason would go a long way.

Its damn near impossible to get excited for a "NY" team that has NEVER played in NY. Just get over it RB. No one cares that Manchester isnt part of London. Build the brand.

DatBoyJPP

Good Night
Jul 30, 2009
Blairstown
Even if Red Bull wanted to drop the name MLS would strongly oppose. It took 2 decades but they finally have what they want. A NY rivalry.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad