OT: Gooooooal!! The All-Purpose Association Football Thread #16 - Tis the Season

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

DatBoyJPP

Good Night
Jul 30, 2009
Blairstown
Is yellow card accumulation the dumbest rule in sports? Imagine if in hockey a guy misses a game automatically if he gets 5 double minors throughout a year.

Either way kinda funny to see 2 Kansas City players have 5 yellows 11 games in.

East is already pretty much down to a 4 team race 1/3rd of the way in

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Arsenal trolls the EPL again lol. And the announcers are making fun over Arsenal whooping it up over finishing 4th but I can understand it, they wanted to keep the Champions League streak alive just like Detroit with their playoff streak this year.

And not that the game really matters but wow at Man U blowing a three-goal lead with ten minutes left in Sir Alex's final game.

Devils Trap

May 6, 2009
New Jersey
Arsenal trolls the EPL again lol. And the announcers are making fun over Arsenal whooping it up over finishing 4th but I can understand it, they wanted to keep the Champions League streak alive just like Detroit with their playoff streak this year.

And not that the game really matters but wow at Man U blowing a three-goal lead with ten minutes left in Sir Alex's final game.

Disappointing, but it doesnt really matter. End of an Era, interested to see how Moyes will lead this team

Saugus

Ecrasez l'infame!
Sponsor
Jun 17, 2009
Connecticut

Precisely. Nobody is really happy with the continued lack of hardware, but at least Arsenal made it into the Champions League again.

DatBoyJPP

Good Night
Jul 30, 2009
Blairstown
Don't look now but the Red Bulls are doing their annual summer surge

Precisely. Nobody is really happy with the continued lack of hardware, but at least Arsenal made it into the Champions League again.

And they'll underperform it again because they see it as a paycheck and not an actual competition

Basement Cat

Frank Drebin
Nov 3, 2008
Hoboken, NJ
Great day to be at RBA. The place was packed and the atmosphere was awesome. A stoppage time winner from Timmy Cahill!!!

This team has fully bought into Petke's personality and they look for real this season.

JerseyGuy276

An American Outlaw
Mar 22, 2010
A Flood Zone
Great day to be at RBA. The place was packed and the atmosphere was awesome. A stoppage time winner from Timmy Cahill!!!

This team has fully bought into Petke's personality and they look for real this season.

I've been into soccer since 2010 and followed the red bulls since 2010...I head this is 2010 lol

Cheddabombs

Status Quo
Mar 13, 2012

Champions League for Arsenal is huge for next season. Obviously being in the CL is one thing but it allows them to attract more players than if they were in the Europa League instead. Guys like Higuain, Jovetic, and Rooney are all rumoured around Arsenal and being in the CL next year is one step in having a better chance at landing one or more of those players, or other big names.

Devils Trap

May 6, 2009
New Jersey
Champions League for Arsenal is huge for next season. Obviously being in the CL is one thing but it allows them to attract more players than if they were in the Europa League instead. Guys like Higuain, Jovetic, and Rooney are all rumoured around Arsenal and being in the CL next year is one step in having a better chance at landing one or more of those players, or other big names.

I highly highly doubt that Manchester United sell Rooney to another team in the BPL. Top teams rarely do that. I do think he will leave, but I believe it will be PSG or Bayern

DatBoyJPP

Good Night
Jul 30, 2009
Blairstown
The team finally has a coach that the players respect and enjoy playing for. Before warmups you can here the team goofing around playing soccer tennis (there was a video on it a couple weeks ago on the team site) in the locker room from the hallway. Definitely a more relaxed and more connected team than last year. If the key pieces stay healthy they are capable of winning any game

Really interested to see what kind of team comes out for the US Open next week. I think they make an actual attempt to win it this year.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad