OT: Gooooooal!! The All-Purpose Association Football Thread #16 - Tis the Season

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Cheddabombs

Status Quo
Mar 13, 2012

Probably one of the best goals I've seen this season. It's just perfect execution by everyone involved, wow.

Cheddabombs

Status Quo
Mar 13, 2012
Well, **** me. A German media outlet claims that Gotze will be transferred to Bayern in the upcoming window for 37 million euros. Apparently the outlet, Bild, isn't the most reliable and has spouted false rumors before. But still, apparently Gotze does have a buy-out clause for 37 mil, so it could hypothetically make sense. So close to the first leg in Champions League though, terrible timing for this rumor to surface. I don't buy it as of yet but if it's true, losing Gotze and Lewandowski is going to be rough.

Devils Trap

May 6, 2009
New Jersey
Well, **** me. A German media outlet claims that Gotze will be transferred to Bayern in the upcoming window for 37 million euros. Apparently the outlet, Bild, isn't the most reliable and has spouted false rumors before. But still, apparently Gotze does have a buy-out clause for 37 mil, so it could hypothetically make sense. So close to the first leg in Champions League though, terrible timing for this rumor to surface. I don't buy it as of yet but if it's true, losing Gotze and Lewandowski is going to be rough.

Gotze is a special talent that would be tough. I do believe it is true though according to reports. Rough to lose someone that good especially to a rival. You guys have a great scouting system. Built up alot of stars . You will be fine. Also, 37 Million euros will be able to buy you guys a very good player.

I do hope Lewandowski goes to Manchester United because he is my favorite player in the world

Cheddabombs

Status Quo
Mar 13, 2012
Gotze is a special talent that would be tough. I do believe it is true though according to reports. Rough to lose someone that good especially to a rival. You guys have a great scouting system. Built up alot of stars . You will be fine. Also, 37 Million euros will be able to buy you guys a very good player.

I do hope Lewandowski goes to Manchester United because he is my favorite player in the world

Yea the reports were confirmed in the morning, pretty ****** news to wake up to. Especially because his reasoning was so that he could play under Pep. I mean don't get me wrong he's an outstanding manager but Klopp made Gotze who he is today. Everyone is saying that Dortmund is becoming the Bundesliga's Arsenal, which I can easily see happening. For someone as young and talented as Gotze, I would have liked to get much more for him, especially when he's moving to a rival team, but oh well 37 mil was his buyout clause so nothing we could do there.

I heard Lewandowski was going to either Bayern, which would absolutely kill me to see along with Gotze, or Man City, which I think is more likely. ManU is in the hunt, but to a much lesser extent than Man City is.

Edit: And I forgot to say congratulations on ManU winning the BPL yesterday! Well deserved this season, they played excellent all year round!

Devils Trap

May 6, 2009
New Jersey
I heard more Lewnadowski to Man United then Man City talks to be honest . Im pretty sure Lewandowski would be a Red Devil right now if we didnt sign RVP

Also, thanks !! Dissapointing in the cups but still played well in the season. Rooting for you guys in the Champions League

Fitzy

Very Stable Genius
Jan 29, 2009
Bayern just absolutely curb-stomped Barca.

If Lewandowski does got to Munich, I would love to see Mario Gomez in MLS. Pipe dream, perhaps, but still.

Cheddabombs

Status Quo
Mar 13, 2012
I heard more Lewnadowski to Man United then Man City talks to be honest . Im pretty sure Lewandowski would be a Red Devil right now if we didnt sign RVP

Also, thanks !! Dissapointing in the cups but still played well in the season. Rooting for you guys in the Champions League

Aha well I hope he goes to ManU rather than Man City, never been a big fan of the latter. Apparently, according to BILD (the same source that first leaked the Götze news) Dortmund is going to try and hang on to Lewy until his contract expires. Which I don't fully believe just because it makes more sense to sell him now and get a good return than get nothing at all when he leaves after his contract is up. And thanks! It won't be easy, and with the Götze news it'll be harder, but I think Dortmund can come out on top.

Fitzy

Very Stable Genius
Jan 29, 2009
Rumor is that Chelsea are lining up a 25 million bid for Gomez.

Quite a number for a guy who is 27, that's RVP money for a striker who isn't coming off the sort of season RVP was.

I like Gomez, but a lot of people feel he's just been the beneficiary of a very good Bayern team. Conor Casey would probably score 20 goals in front of Muller, Ribery, Robben, Kroos and Bastien.

Cheddabombs

Status Quo
Mar 13, 2012
Havent seen that......... Really ????

edit: Just saw it. Damn that really sucks. Im really interested to see how they play if they were to play Bayern in the UCL Final

Same, I'm interested in seeing the transfer fee Bayern is going to pay. Dortmund really has their work cut out for them this summer. With guys like Lewandowski and Gotze leaving, they'll never truly replace them but finding people that can more than adequately fill their roles will be key. Guys like Leitner and Bittencourt will also need to step up.

Oh well as much as it's hard not to focus on that now, I'm more interested in the game today!

Cheddabombs

Status Quo
Mar 13, 2012
WHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW What a ****ing game!!!!! I don't care if he's leaving, Lewandowski made my day wow! So happy right now! Big 2nd leg obviously but wow what a lead going into it.

Devils Trap

May 6, 2009
New Jersey
WHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW What a ****ing game!!!!! I don't care if he's leaving, Lewandowski made my day wow! So happy right now! Big 2nd leg obviously but wow what a lead going into it.

Amazing game by my favorite player. Love him regardless. Even if he went to Man City

Cheddabombs

Status Quo
Mar 13, 2012
This is going to be an entertaining final, for sure.

Aha for some reason I'm imagining, if it really is a Bayern/Dortmund final, Bayern winning and Lewandowski and Götze running over to celebrate with them.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad