OT: Gooooooal!! The All-Purpose Association Football Thread #16 - Tis the Season

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

VaxjoDevil

No kids - Still a person
Nov 11, 2009
Princeton, NJ
10-game ban for Suarez. Think about what you have to do to get 10 games in the NHL. The hate in Liverpool against the F.A. will soon get close to the hate of The Sun.

Scott04

Sep 13, 2010
New Jersey
The NHL disciplinary system is probably the most inconsistent thing in sports. And since its an entirely different sport, you can't compare the two. This is not a hate against Liverpool. This is a discipline given to a repeat offender, not just for incidents before, but for biting incidents before. You think 3 matches is going to make any kind of a statement that he needs to stop being a ***** and acting like he can resort to such tactics in match?

VaxjoDevil

No kids - Still a person
Nov 11, 2009
Princeton, NJ
The NHL disciplinary system is probably the most inconsistent thing in sports. And since its an entirely different sport, you can't compare the two. This is not a hate against Liverpool. This is a discipline given to a repeat offender, not just for incidents before, but for biting incidents before. You think 3 matches is going to make any kind of a statement that he needs to stop being a ***** and acting like he can resort to such tactics in match?

FA is incredibly inconsistent if you know their history. Nobody is saying 3 games were enough but 6 games is still very harsh. 10 games will probably make him walk I would say.

DatBoyJPP

Good Night
Jul 30, 2009
Blairstown
He got 7 the first time he did this albeit in a different nation. 10 is more than fair though. The games the rest of this year are meaningless as they have basically no shot at European play. Make it spill over into next year.

Also, kudos to the MLS for saying they would have given more. It's a disgusting act and should be punished like one.

VaxjoDevil

No kids - Still a person
Nov 11, 2009
Princeton, NJ
There are lots of disgusting acts in soccer. The all-so-honorable Graham Souness broke the cheekbone of an opponent in an off play. Then he sits in a studio pretending to be the moral standard bearer of Liverpool. **** off. The worst thing with the bite was the bite. The second worst are all the idiotic comments on it.

Scott04

Sep 13, 2010
New Jersey
He still freaking bit a guy. You just don't do that. To any one. In any sport. These are grown ass men (even if plenty don't act like it). Forget just being a dirty move. That's just about as low of a move as it gets. AND he did it before. This isn't new. This isn't just a heat of the moment out of character reaction. He has done the exact same thing before. And this is with many other incidents between the two. If he wasn't at the talent level he is, I bet he would have gotten a longer suspension. How can you say there is no defending the act and then when he gets punished for it (which is reasonable given what the last one/other suspensions of his have been), say its an outrage. Take off the homer glasses for a minute here.

VaxjoDevil

No kids - Still a person
Nov 11, 2009
Princeton, NJ
Yeah biting is low. When Ben Thatcher knocked Mendez unconscious with a deliberate elbow that was pretty low too. It's considered the dirtiest single thing ever in PL. He got 8 games.

However it's not my point. My point is this will probably make him leave Liverpool and PL and that's what most Liverpool fans will see as unfair punishment.

I confess I only read 3 different opinion pieces on this but all 3 thought it is unreasonably high. You don't bite, but you don't call someone a black **** either. That guy got 4.

DatBoyJPP

Good Night
Jul 30, 2009
Blairstown
Third%20Kit%20DL%20%281%29.jpg

DatBoyJPP

Good Night
Jul 30, 2009
Blairstown
Problem?

They debuted them this weekend and will only be used in the US Open and Champions League going forward. Hope Red Bulls host KC in the US Open this year as I need one immediately

Cheddabombs

Status Quo
Mar 13, 2012
HOLY ****!!!!! WHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW OFF TO WEMBLEY!!!!!!!!!! Had multiple heart attacks in the final minutes, oh my goodness.

jkrdevil

UnRegistered User
Apr 24, 2006
Miami
Sir Alex Ferguson to retire as Man U Manager at the end of the season.

It looks like David Moyes (Everton Manager) will be his replacement.

Saugus

Ecrasez l'infame!
Sponsor
Jun 17, 2009
Connecticut
Sir Alex Ferguson to retire as Man U Manager at the end of the season.

It looks like David Moyes (Everton Manager) will be his replacement.

I'm certainly no Man U supporter, but you have to respect Sir Alex. End of an era for them.

yakitate304

Crunch Time
Oct 23, 2007
NY
Very sad about Sir Alex, but I've always wanted Moyes as his replacement. I didn't think it would happen so quickly but I'm glad it's him.

Basement Cat

Frank Drebin
Nov 3, 2008
Hoboken, NJ
What a goal by Titi! I was there to witness his Olimpico against Cbus and the left footed volley against Chicago. Wish I was there for that one last night.

I love how Petke has them playing.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad