OT: Gooooooal!! The All-Purpose Association Football Thread #16 - Tis the Season

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Devils Trap

May 6, 2009
New Jersey
Another win for Manchester United

Suarez did absolutely nothing today and Sturridge missed a a great chance. Overall good performance, but we must player better against Tottenham.

New Jersey

(pacmanghost x) CHIEF KEEFE
Sep 7, 2009
*intro to the sopranos*
twitter.com
Wonderful second half for LFC and put Scum on their heels in the second 45. Not enough to snatch the draw but I'm liking what I'm seeing in this new Suarez/Sturridge partnership.

Also, Valencia is a disgrace. Where's the outrage whenever he throws himself to the ground after minuscule contact?

Anyway, onto next week. Onward, lads.

GM17*

How DARE you try to offend a fan of the greatest club on the PLANET OF EARTH #MUFC GLORY GLORY something something I don't cheer for local teams

New Jersey

(pacmanghost x) CHIEF KEEFE
Sep 7, 2009
*intro to the sopranos*
twitter.com
How DARE you try to offend a fan of the greatest club on the PLANET OF EARTH #MUFC GLORY GLORY something something I don't cheer for local teams

That would be Barcelona.

And the last time I checked, the Devils, Nets, and Yankees all play in the NY/NJ Metropolitan Area.

I'm really having trouble understanding your post. :laugh:

VaxjoDevil

No kids - Still a person
Nov 11, 2009
Princeton, NJ
Didn't get up until second half, but quite encouraged by Liverpool's game. Clearly dominated the last 30 minutes although big part of that was that United let them, Suarez and Sturridge created a lot, impressed with how Sturridge can just jump in and be part of the passing like that. When Gerrard gets his passes to work he can dominate a game, sees the field better than anybody.

In second half Van Persie was a ghost, but he got no support so that's not really on him. Man crush on Rio Ferdinand, unbelievable defender.

United's second goal was offside but it's understandable that ref didn't see it. United is the better team right now obviously but I'm eager to see what Rogers can do with this team plus a couple of enforcements.

Good game overall.

GM17*

That would be Barcelona.

And the last time I checked, the Devils, Nets, and Yankees all play in the NY/NJ Metropolitan Area.

I'm really having trouble understanding your post. :laugh:

Jemaine-flight-of-the-conchords-1561078-1078-725.jpg

I think you have trouble understanding what you don't want to understand.

VaxjoDevil

No kids - Still a person
Nov 11, 2009
Princeton, NJ
Watching the replay now. Welbeck is so passionate in his diving that it's entertaining.

It will be interesting to see if Rodgers can push the team to be more aggressive. Right now the multi-triangle passing is too slow, it doesn't really catch anybody off guard.

Last edited:

Devils Trap

May 6, 2009
New Jersey
When was there any talk of Suarez being better than RVP?

They never said he was better they were saying how the 2 are matching up against each other . Uk Media basically comparing the two to see which is better .

RVP is better , but its close . As much as I hate Suarez he is a world class striker

Burner Account

Feb 14, 2008
They never said he was better they were saying how the 2 are matching up against each other . Uk Media basically comparing the two to see which is better .

RVP is better , but its close . As much as I hate Suarez he is a world class striker

RVP is better.

Suarez moved a bit deeper when Sturridge came on. Not sure how I liked it. Not that my opinion matters. But he is at his best taking defenders one on one. United had a healthy back four for the first time in a long time and it showed.

VaxjoDevil

No kids - Still a person
Nov 11, 2009
Princeton, NJ
They are such different players that it's weird to compare the two. They have different strengths and partly different roles.

If you see it in the way that Suarez scored two less goals in the team that is 24 points behind, well that's pretty impressive. Suarez is also more active defensively, as he should be. Van Persie has a better extra sense of positioning, he is inhumanely smart that way, while Suarez is more physical.

Right now, as in ten, fifteen last games? I cannot say who is the better player. Who is playing with better teammates, now that is an easy question.

Burner Account

Feb 14, 2008
http://soccernet.espn.go.com/blog/_/name/bootroom/id/133?cc=5901

"Luis Suarez is an outstanding footballer, one of those perfect hybrids of supernatural skill and superhuman levels of determination, but he's really not the sharpest knife in the drawer. Perhaps that's the pay-off for being blessed with such sublime talent; you're left with the common sense of a small pebble. "

amazing

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/diving-debate-michael-owen-admits-1371725

Michael Owen admits to diving in huge games, nobody gives a ****.

Good ol' English boys can do no wrong.

If Ashley Young or Bale made the comments Suarez did, they would be applauded for their honesty.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad