OT: Gooooooal!! The All-Purpose Association Football Thread #16 - Tis the Season

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Devils Trap

May 6, 2009
New Jersey
At least you were playing a respectable Premiership side...

This is Mansfield Town Football Club... Fifth tier of English football... Not even in the Football League...

Why the **** am I bugging out?

Oh, well. Gives me an excuse to day-drink.

Liverpool are inconsistent , but not that inconsistent. I highly doubt you guys even put out your number one squad. Should win easily. We kinda fked ourselves with this replay. Liverpool on the 13th, Replay vs West Ham the 16th. Tottenham the 20th I believe. Tough string of matches

If anyone should be worrying its Arsenal fans. Swansea are class and I could see them pulling of the upset.

Last edited:

New Jersey

(pacmanghost x) CHIEF KEEFE
Sep 7, 2009
*intro to the sopranos*
twitter.com
Meh. I dunno... Liverpool have been more in form over the last two months than, IMO, they have been in well over a calendar year. Something about a fifth-tier side that has managed to make it far enough to play with the big boys at the other end of the pitch just freaks me out.

And honestly, I wouldn't call Swansea beating Arsenal in the FA Cup an upset. Swansea is pure class and may very well be a fixture in the Premiership for years to come if they continue to show their desire to remain in the top flight by bringing in quality talent. Hell, they could very well get into Europe as soon as next season if they win the League Cup, and I wouldn't put that beyond them as they will field their strongest side in a two-legged tie against Chelsea who will probably put out a ****ing reserve squad when you consider how lightly the big clubs take the League Cup. After that, they'd have to face either Bradford or Villa in the Final.

Swansea is definitely a club on the rise. Who knows where they'll be four or five years from now if they continue this trend?

Devils Trap

May 6, 2009
New Jersey
Meh. I dunno... Liverpool have been more in form over the last two months than, IMO, they have been in well over a calendar year. Something about a fifth-tier side that has managed to make it far enough to play with the big boys at the other end of the pitch just freaks me out.

And honestly, I wouldn't call Swansea beating Arsenal in the FA Cup an upset. Swansea is pure class and may very well be a fixture in the Premiership for years to come if they continue to show their desire to remain in the top flight by bringing in quality talent. Hell, they could very well get into Europe as soon as next season if they win the League Cup, and I wouldn't put that beyond them as they will field their strongest side in a two-legged tie against Chelsea who will probably put out a ****ing reserve squad when you consider how lightly the big clubs take the League Cup. After that, they'd have to face either Bradford or Villa in the Final.

Swansea is definitely a club on the rise. Who knows where they'll be four or five years from now if they continue this trend?

Thats definitely a good point . Swansea have just been very smart since coming up to the prem. Just with how spending their money. Michu for 2 million pounds is by far the steal of the Summer Transfer Window

Last edited:

New Jersey

(pacmanghost x) CHIEF KEEFE
Sep 7, 2009
*intro to the sopranos*
twitter.com
Michu, Chico Flores, Angel Rangel, Pablo Hernandez, Danny Graham, Wayne Routledge, Nathan Dyer, Sung-Yueng Ki, and Jonathan de Guzman...

These are quality players. Swansea is very much a club on the rise, and to think they were in League One five years ago.

DatBoyJPP

Good Night
Jul 30, 2009
Blairstown
Not Hans Backe ‏@NotHansBacke
CAN YOU ****ING NAME A MANAGER @NEWYORKREDBULLS SO I CAN DELETE THIS ****ING ACCOUNT ALREADY. FOR THE LOVE OF ****ING BALLOUCHY ALREADY.

njdevsfn95

Help JJJ, Sprite.
Jul 30, 2006
Liverpool playing a Conference National side tomorrow.

****, why do I have this terrible feeling in the pit of my stomach?

Lol this is amazing. Even Newcastle's squad yesterday would beat a Conference side.

Still, stranger things have happened!!

FirmestPiano

May 22, 2011
Was a close one today, charm of the FA Cup. Mansfield played pretty well. Nice to see Sturridge get off the mark so soon, thought he was really lively.

Mansfield's CEO seemed like she was having a good time, lol. Her husband and owner of Mansfield FC wasn't as enthusiastic though. :laugh:

1357494198289.gif

VaxjoDevil

No kids - Still a person
Nov 11, 2009
Princeton, NJ
Was a close one today, charm of the FA Cup. Mansfield played pretty well. Nice to see Sturridge get off the mark so soon, thought he was really lively.

Mansfield's CEO seemed like she was having a good time, lol. Her husband and owner of Mansfield FC wasn't as enthusiastic though. :laugh:

1357494198289.gif

When I saw her do that I was even closer to wanting Mansfield to win. It was just such a great thing to watch soccer being fought insanely hard by a group of players having day jobs, playing on a field full of mud. That was ****ing awesome to see, old school ****. And that lady is hot.

FirmestPiano

May 22, 2011
When I saw her do that I was even closer to wanting Mansfield to win. It was just such a great thing to watch soccer being fought insanely hard by a group of players having day jobs, playing on a field full of mud. That was ****ing awesome to see, old school ****. And that lady is hot.

They really played their hearts out, credit where credit is due. However, Liverpool were pretty pathetic in the second half, getting overrun in midfield constantly. Ha, yeah the pitch wasn't that great, more suited for rugby than soccer.

Ha, still undecided, so much make up. :amazed:

Was funny as **** when she was on the post game analysis, such an attention *****, lol.

DatBoyJPP

Good Night
Jul 30, 2009
Blairstown
I like how the schedule is more spread out this year. Only 3 weekday games and one is on July 4th. It will allow the old guys to stay rested.

And week 3 is rivalry week which is why he have DC as our home opener

njdevsfn95

Help JJJ, Sprite.
Jul 30, 2006
Newcastle finally doesnt lose and Southampton wins, Reading wins, Wigan draws, and QPR draws.

Only reason Villa didnt get a point is because they lost to Southampton.

*sigh*

Also, get the popcorn ready for pacman's epic rants throughout Liverpool v Manchester United.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad