OT: Gooooooal!! The All-Purpose Association Football Thread #16 - Tis the Season

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

GM17*

The part where he converted a penalty resulting from a Michael Owen dive? Didn't see anything else about him.

>Not implying Bale is English

He's a UK boy which entitles him to the same bubble of innocence

Then you didn't read it because it conveniently debunked this fantasy you have.

This is what happens when footballers try, not to be clever, but to be seen to be clever. We saw it in 2004 when David Beckham, having just injured his ribs and knowing that he would be injured for at least a month, deliberately clattered Wales' Ben Thatcher before asking to be substituted. While few players have ever needed an excuse to clatter Thatcher, Beckham knew that a yellow card would cause him to miss the next game through suspension and, given that he was already injured, it would therefore clean his disciplinary record for the rest of the campaign. The referee duly obliged and Beckham trotted off clutching his bruised side and trying to not to grin.

"I am sure some people think that I haven't got the brains to be that clever," said Beckham afterwards, twirling his moustache and stroking a fluffy white cat. "But I do have the brains."

Naturally, his comments caused uproar. The press were outraged, booming columns were commissioned attacking the England captain for his conduct and before long Sepp Blatter was on the phone demanding a meeting with Football Association representatives and grumbling that this was not, "behaviour that befits an ambassador of football." So much for those brains.

GM17*

Oh, the article YOU posted.

Fair enough.

Yea. Ironically though Beckham is a weird sort who is the darling of English football but simultaneously hated by tonnes within his country. I gotta disagree though that Bale or young would be given a pass if they admitted to diving. English fans of other teams still HATE players of other teams. It's a given.

Burner Account

Feb 14, 2008
Yea. Ironically though Beckham is a weird sort who is the darling of English football but simultaneously hated by tonnes within his country. I gotta disagree though that Bale or young would be given a pass if they admitted to diving. English fans of other teams still HATE players of other teams. It's a given.

That is very true. But there is most definitely some xenophobia in play. Suarez is a diver in a diver's game and gets the most attention for it.

GM17*

That is very true. But there is most definitely some xenophobia in play. Suarez is a diver in a diver's game and gets the most attention for it.

Ronaldo + Henry too. Nature of the beast. Look at Russians in hockey.

GM17*

I can't say I watched a lot of Henry at Arsenal but I haven't see him dive once as a Red Bull

was baaaaaaaaaaaad with France especially. Doesn't begin to approach the disaster levels of diving coming out of Suarez + C. Ronaldo. It's the theatrics that make it worse imo. OH **** I'M SO HURT I CAN ROLL FROM ONE END OF THE PITCH TO THE OTHER ARRRGHnoreallyI'mfine.

Welbeck's bad too.

njdevsfn95

Help JJJ, Sprite.
Jul 30, 2006
Id love for Newcastle players to start diving.

It would mean they have the ball inside the oppositions 18.

Jersey Man

Mad Dog
Oct 20, 2008
New York, NY
iCSwHE65FPwjz.gif

DatBoyJPP

Good Night
Jul 30, 2009
Blairstown
Kid deserved it. The kids that do it at RBA are hopeless too. They need to screen the twats, especially considering that kid was bragging on Twitter before the game

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad