Waived: Goodrow waived (claimed by San Jose Sharks)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

ICanMotteBelieveIt

Jan 11, 2013
He had a very good playoffs (once) with us, that's about it.

Awful contract so it feels good getting him off the books.

He'll get a big veteran role on the Sharks in known surroundings while making millions.
I doubt that he's too upset.

He's already won the cup.

He’s going to score a hat trick against us isn’t he?
Who cares, it won't happen in the playoffs against us.

bbny

Unregistered User
Apr 12, 2019
Igor for Brady

Lol if Igor wanted to sign in Ottawa that would be something.

I saw Igor for Draisaitl on the mains. Might be a good framework for a trade (Rangers add a bit). In the same vein, Igor+ for Rantanen. Maybe Colorado is tired of Georgie

Peltz

Oct 4, 2019
Lol if Igor wanted to sign in Ottawa that would be something.

I saw Igor for Draisaitl on the mains. Might be a good framework for a trade (Rangers add a bit). In the same vein, Igor+ for Rantanen. Maybe Colorado is tired of Georgie
Trading Igor would be the biggest blockbuster deal this franchise has seen in the cap era. Right? I can't think of another move that the Rangers have done that comes even remotely close to something on that level.

The closest thing in my head was when they traded Marian Gaborik.

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
Trading Igor would be the biggest blockbuster deal this franchise has seen in the cap era. Right? I can't think of another move that the Rangers have done that comes even remotely close to something on that level.

It would be the most controversial move for sure and a career defining move.

No chance it happens. Shouldn’t bend the knee and give him 12.3 but no GM would have the balls to move him at this moment.

There’s a path to keeping him and not having it kill you but that path involves booting out some fan and locker room favorites.

McRanger92

Jun 7, 2017
It would be the most controversial move for sure and a career defining move.

No chance it happens. Shouldn’t bend the knee and give him 12.3 but no GM would have the balls to move him at this moment.

There’s a path to keeping him and not having it kill you but that path involves booting out some fan and locker room favorites.

At this point all the Rangers short term problems are solved by moving Lindgren for picks. Pairing someone with Fox who he doesnt need to babysit makes the team better on its own. Igor will inevitably need to realize he can make 12.3 million elsewhere or 10.5 and stay home and win. Seems extremely obvious to me but if Igor wants the money, its an easy decision to trade him.

Reactions: cheech70

cheech70

Oct 26, 2013
NNJ

Ratelle and Park

Reactions: mandiblesofdoom

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
At this point all the Rangers short term problems are solved by moving Lindgren for picks. Pairing someone with Fox who he doesnt need to babysit makes the team better on its own. Igor will inevitably need to realize he can make 12.3 million elsewhere or 10.5 and stay home and win. Seems extremely obvious to me but if Igor wants the money, its an easy decision to trade him.

He isn't being traded. They'll ride out the last year of his current contract and he'll sign elsewhere as a UFA unless this team really tanks it this year if he isn't extended.

The amount of balls it would take to move him this summer doesn't exist in this league.

But to your point, if they extend him that would pretty much spell the end for Trouba and Panarin here after this year (assuming both are still here.)

Reactions: McRanger92

kovazub94

Enigmatic
Aug 5, 2010
The "interesting" part is that the Sharks don't have a cap retention slot until 25-26, so they can't even really sell on Goodrow this upcoming season. Not that it concerns the Rangers at this point.
Could go with some conspiracy that Drury got help from a friend, but using Occam's razor, I'm inclined to believe that Mike Grier is simply not a good GM.
Why does Grier need a retention slot in regards to Goodrow? He wants Goodrow on a team as a vet presence to help with development of their prospects. He’s not trying to convert Goodrow into picks or prospects or whatever.

Reactions: bhamill

kovazub94

Enigmatic
Aug 5, 2010
No one talks about the fact that Goodrow was playing much of the season while trying to recover from an incident that left him with a broken jaw and major mouth reconstruction. He was drinking from a straw and still playing. That’s not to say he’s going to be a top-6 forward but if he is healthy and getting his ~15 minutes a game as well as 2nd PP and prime PK minutes I’m expecting to see him hover around 30-35 points. It’s not fantastic for the cap hit but in two years time, that percentage of the cap will be far less with the cap jumping up and his contract will be more agreeable to a contender looking to add a utility knife bottom-6 guy. I can see why Grier would make this claim.

In saying that, I’m still expecting something coming back to the Rangers. Even if it’s just a contract for an AHL guy to clear a contract slot.
Goodrow has three years left. At least for the first two (or rather 1.5) I don’t expect Grier even try moving him unless someone reaches out with an outrageous proposal.

Lion Hound

@JoeTucc26
Mar 12, 2007
Montauk NY
Wonder if Drury doesn't go in on the FA market at all? OR...with just light with some bottom 6 players.

Theres a lot of names that will hit UFA status next year. Likely some of them will sign with thier respective clubs prior to, but for the ones that don't could see a very active trade deadline.

A Listers, not including Igor...
Crosby, Draisaitl, Marchand, Hedman, Marner, Rantanen, Tavares, Saros, Verheage

Then theres...
Bennett, Hall, Benn, Buchnevich, Slavin, Ehlers, Nelson, Konectny, Chychrun, Sharongovich, Gourde, Lindell, Gavrikov, Mangiapane, Ekblad, Orlov, Jeannot, Dowd, Tanev, Middleton, Greenway, Frederick

If Drury waits it out he may be able to get a guy at the deadline and save some space to resign him.

Reactions: bhamill and mas0764

NYRangers0723

Apr 30, 2019
Might as well. I said it last year. They are never winning a cup with Zib as the 1C. You have the talent to take another run at it. Go get a C and try again
It’s extremely difficult to get a true big 1C. They are rarely available or they cost a kings ransom. We just need a bonafide RW to put with Mika and Ck

noncents

Feb 25, 2022
anyone wanna bet we'll see more brown ink about the rangers waiving goodrow than the nashville McD situation?

Tampa threatens to waive and forces mcD to accept trade: "what savvy GMing. this is what the work of a high level hockey executive looks like"

NYR waives goodrow: "shameful. players shouldn't be treated like this no matter how Ass they are. hearing NHLPA is looking into this and we'll surely see this as a front line issue in the next CBA"

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004
I don't think it'll really be a big deal but look man if the team doesn't want you anymore then it's open season on moving that contract.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad