Waived: Goodrow waived (claimed by San Jose Sharks)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
I think it's the fact that this seems to good to be true.

All teams try to make themselves better. San Jose has some young forwards that are more skilled guys.....not the kind you want or ready for killing penalties. They don't have a lot of good veterans. Rebuilds aren't just about bringing in talent.....to get past the stage where a team can make the playoffs it needs guys that can do the shit jobs but also aren't going to be jerks about doing the shit jobs.

Reactions: JCProdigy

I Eat Crow

Fear The Mullet
Jul 9, 2007
Doesn’t make any difference now. Goodrow’s wife is from San Jose so I doubt he wouldn’t go there voluntarily. He’s going anyway. It’s actually a good move for a team trying to build a culture.

The next move or two will really be interesting to see. Technically the Rangers can’t trade Trouba until July 1 but if they have something cooking, they could certainly ask him to accept a trade earlier. I really think a Kakko trade is forthcoming.
Kakko seems like a player Carolina would love...

Reactions: will1066

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
There are very few things I'd say have no shot at happening.

Marner to NYR is one of them. They aren't adding another 10+ million dollar contract with out sending the one they already have out.

If they HAVE to resign Lindgren at least let it be on a 1 year deal

Hes already slow-cooked down into tenderized version of himself, after 2 or 3 more years of NHL hockey he'll be falling off the bone.

He's already fallen off the bone and poisoned an entire village.

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
Yea. Get rid of all of our hard working playoff guys. Then we can sign Patty Kane and Marion Gaborik. 🤨😖🥹

I have finally realized…. WE are the problems. How many cups in how many years? Embarrassing.

Hard working doesn't mean good.

We got rid of a hardworking bad player. We should replace the other ones who are also bad.

Nothing says that they can't be replaced by guys who work hard and are good.

GENESISPuck94

Sponsor
May 2, 2022
NJ
I have mixed feelings about this. In a vacuum Goodrow is a good player in his role. He performs in the playoffs. Good teammate. Not one of the lazy ones. But his cap hit was too high for a 4th line player. And there wasn't many other options to clear cap space that easily.

It is a tough move because he did play well throughout the playoffs and got better the deeper the Rangers got. So it's a mixed message.

But again, the cap hit. It's strictly financial.

The hope is now Drury makes the smart moves with the additional cap space.

We absolutely need a bonafied high-end scorer in the top 6 on Kreider-Zibanejad's wing. Does Goodrow's cleared cap hit give Drury enough wiggle room?

mike14

Rampage Sherpa
Jun 22, 2006
Melbourne
While probably not exactly how Drury envisaged it, I think Goodrow did his job more or less. We had 2 pretty deep playoff runs with him here (not due to him by any stretch) which means the experience he was brought in to provide is now spread across the team.
We got 2 30+ point seasons out of his 3 here, which seems pretty reasonable.

The idea now hopefully is that someone like Edstrom or Cuylle can be developed into that 'swiss army knife' type of player at a lower cap hit, because the 'veteran experience' is now elsewhere in the lineup

RangersFan1994

Aug 20, 2019
I hope this means Cuylle Kakko Lafréniere will get some PK time this season. Goodrow will be missed. Cap hit was the issue. Its a shame because Rangers need more players that have that playoff mentality and gritty physical game.

Reactions: egelband

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad