Waived: Goodrow waived (claimed by San Jose Sharks)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Luger

Aug 21, 2016
Clearwater, FL
Wish Trouba was this easy to get rid of.

Until 2 hours ago, I believed Trouba is easier to get rid of than Goodrow. His actual salary is $6 for each of the next 2 years for a team that doesn't care about the cap. A lesser team might be willing to take him in the hopes of trading him at the TDL as a 2 playoff rental. In March he will have real value to a team that's looking for an RD for the playoffs because theirs got injured or underperformed.

Reactions: Captain Lindy

HockeyBasedNYC

Feeling it
Aug 2, 2005
Here
If they HAVE to resign Lindgren at least let it be on a 1 year deal

Hes already slow-cooked down into tenderized version of himself, after 2 or 3 more years of NHL hockey he'll be falling off the bone.

Last edited:

Crease

Chief Justice of the HFNYR Court
Jul 12, 2004
Drury could have simply gave Goodrow to San Jose for future considerations.

Would have saved 15 pages of dreck.
I guess SJ was on Goodrow’s NTL and he refused to waive? But even then Drury could have said look, we’re going to put you on the wire and they will claim you, so you might as well waive. So I don’t know.

bobbop

Henrik & Pop
Sponsor
May 27, 2004
Now, Suburban Phoenix. Then, Long Island
I guess SJ was on Goodrow’s NTL and he refused to waive? But even then Drury could have said look, we’re going to put you on the wire and they will claim you, so you might as well waive. So I don’t know.
Doesn’t make any difference now. Goodrow’s wife is from San Jose so I doubt he wouldn’t go there voluntarily. He’s going anyway. It’s actually a good move for a team trying to build a culture.

The next move or two will really be interesting to see. Technically the Rangers can’t trade Trouba until July 1 but if they have something cooking, they could certainly ask him to accept a trade earlier. I really think a Kakko trade is forthcoming.

McRanger92

Jun 7, 2017
Drury shouldn’t be finished clearing the decks. Send Lindy to Utah for picks. He played on the USNTDP with Keller

Reactions: gabevh3

Crease

Chief Justice of the HFNYR Court
Jul 12, 2004
Doesn’t make any difference now. Goodrow’s wife is from San Jose so I doubt he wouldn’t go there voluntarily. He’s going anyway. It’s actually a good move for a team trying to build a culture.

The next move or two will really be interesting to see. Technically the Rangers can’t trade Trouba until July 1 but if they have something cooking, they could certainly ask him to accept a trade earlier. I really think a Kakko trade is forthcoming.
I’m fine with one of Lindgren or Trouba next year but not both. I agree with you, I think the Rangers are still shopping Kakko.

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004

Yah never know, he might have had San Jose on his NTL because they've been bad lately and he wants to go to a contender if he's traded.

e: Kakko really only makes sense as part of a larger trade OR if there's some other young player out that with similar skill/upside and struggles. Trading him for futures or something like a 4th liner isn't good asset management

Last edited:

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
Drury could have simply gave Goodrow to San Jose for future considerations.

Would have saved 15 pages of dreck.
Again, not if he had the Sharks on his Do not trade list. Which seems pretty likely at this point he did, hence the reason he was waived for them to pick him up.

I mean, that's great and all that she is from there, but they have a life in NY now with their child. Not everyone wants to move back where they are from.

Profet

Longtime lurker
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2002
NY
shop.profetkeyboards.com
Again, not if he had the Sharks on his Do not trade list. Which seems pretty likely at this point he did, hence the reason he was waived for them to pick him up.

I mean, that's great and all that she is from there, but they have a life in NY now with their child. Not everyone wants to move back where they are from.
Also going from the President's trophy winning team to the worst team in the NHL (by a large margin) is probably not high on any competitor's list of things to happen in the offseason.

Kupo

MAFIA, MOUNT UP!
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2017
Stamford CT
I'm not sure it was likely he was on their list. Ian Pulver represents Goody (KAM too). I'm sure Grier and him spoke. If Goody didn't want to play in SJ I don't think Grier would have bothered claiming him.

SJ might have wanted something small in return for Goody and Drury was like f*** it, I'll just put him on waivers and you can have him for nothing, or risk losing him to another team.

Reactions: Crease

irishlaxburger2

Jan 30, 2008
Rye, NY
Move on from Kakko, Trouba, and Lindgren.

We already have prospects that can replace Kakko at 3RW. That saves roughly $1.5M in cap space. Use the ~$11.5-12M you free up by getting rid of Trouba and Lindgren to find two defensemen that can actually exit the D zone.

Then you have some space to find someone who can potentially play with Kreider and Mika, as well as finish up around the edges.

cwede

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 1, 2010
Also going from the President's trophy winning team to the worst team in the NHL (by a large margin) is probably not high on any competitor's list of things to happen in the offseason.
all of this is so much guessing
my guess is Goodrow is totally fine with it

SJS gave him his start,
then the opportunity to win 2 Cups w Tampa,
and NYR took him to 2 more CFs

now, with the team he established himself with, he will be part of leadership group
and mentor a new generation of Sharks, Celebrini and Smith and ...

it seems it could genuinely be a win-win-win

Profet

Longtime lurker
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2002
NY
shop.profetkeyboards.com
all of this is so much guessing
my guess is Goodrow is totally fine with it

SJS gave him his start,
then the opportunity to win 2 Cups w Tampa,
and NYR took him to 2 more CFs

now, with the team he established himself with, he will be part of leadership group
and mentor a new generation of Sharks, Celebrini and Smith and ...

it seems it could genuinely be a win-win-win
If that's true, the trade would have been made yesterday for future considerations.

It's obvious that Goodrow did not waive.

LOFIN

Sep 16, 2011
why is everyone assuming that anything else is going back to SJ?

It was a waiver claim. Pretty sure thats where this will start and end.
The NHLPA would have a field day if there was some type of deal to pay San Jose for claiming him. NTCs are supposed to mean something.

mike14

Rampage Sherpa
Jun 22, 2006
Melbourne
Does getting claimed on waivers rather than waiving the NTC make any difference in whether the NTC is still in effect after the claim?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad