GDT: Gold star - Russian Combine- starting June 18

SwiftyHab

Sponsor
Apr 18, 2004
Platinum Member
Any sign of Habs management at this event? If they aren't that says something.
Nope. Not even sure the scouts were there. Marinaro did a broadcast last night with someone that was there and he said he didnt see any of our staff. Weird.
Wondering if they saw enough of him this winter and are trying to throw some misdirection by not being there

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
Nope. Not even sure the scouts were there. Marinaro did a broadcast last night with someone that was there and he said he didnt see any of our staff. Weird.
Wondering if they saw enough of him this winter and are trying to throw some misdirection by not being there

Basu said they've had live viewings in Russia of Demidov.. so maybe they feel they have enough information on the player and like you said, not showing up at the event may be a smokescreen to feign a lack of interest.

HabbyGuy

Apr 10, 2003
Hamilton Ontario
Visit site
Basu said they've had live viewings in Russia of Demidov.. so maybe they feel they have enough information on the player and like you said, not showing up at the event may be a smokescreen to feign a lack of interest.

What's the payoff? Doubt he slides to us, so feigning interest does little, it's the interest of the teams in front of us that matters. Unless Hughes is looking to trade up, I don't see how it helps.

Seems pretty clear the habs two main desires would be Demidov and Lindstrom.

I suppose it would make sense if they really have him a tier above Lindstrom and hoping Columbus take him Cayden instead, if two D's go before.

Last edited:

SwiftyHab

Sponsor
Apr 18, 2004
Platinum Member
What's the payoff? Doubt he slides to us, so feigning interest does little, it's the interest of the teams in front of us that matters. Unless Hughes is looking to trade up, I don't see how it helps.
feigning disinterest in demidov. Who knows why they werent there. They may already have all the info they need on him or theyre being strategic for some reason. They may want to trade up and not show their cards or they may want to put an ounce of doubt in the minds of other teams ahead of us. Who knows? Its all mindgames now

HabbyGuy

Apr 10, 2003
Hamilton Ontario
Visit site
feigning disinterest in demidov. Who knows why they werent there. They may already have all the info they need on him or theyre being strategic for some reason. They may want to trade up and not show their cards or they may want to put an ounce of doubt in the minds of other teams ahead of us. Who knows? Its all mindgames now

Yes that's in my post, I wasn't done editing lol ;)

Sorinth

Jan 18, 2013

Seems pretty clear the habs two main desires would be Demidov and Lindstrom.

I suppose it would make sense if they really have him a tier above Lindstrom and hoping Columbus take him Cayden instead, if two D's go before.
Yeah I'm not sure other teams are going to change their mind on him because we don't show a lot of interest. Especially if it's known that we've been one of the few to see/talk to him in Russia during the year.

If anything it's probably more about trying to stop fans from doing/saying stupid things on twitter.

SOLR

Jun 4, 2006
Toronto / North York

Says Bobrov doesn't need the info.

It’s going to go like this:

Celebrini
Demidov/Levshunov
Demidov/Levshunov
Lindstrom
Montreal trades down and we’re all disappointed

Then you run to the stage and get Dickinson

They did the same thing with Slafkovski - want to know who they want in the top 5? identify who they are not meeting with.

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
IF that's the case...It just saysthey aren't there.

Them being there or not, is not an indication that they're going to select him, because even being there, doesn't guarantee that one of the 3 teams ahead of them won't pick him.

I think we're all just looking a bit too hard for certain indicators.

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
Why the smart ass comment? I always enjoy your posts but why even make this comment?
I wasn't done editing, I responded further and it wasn't a smart ass comment either.

I think we've all got draft fever, seeing things that aren't there lol heat probably not helping either.

All good my man, no attitude here lol

MTL Dirty Birdy

Aug 29, 2021
So Montreal’s top brass wasn’t there. Scouts were. Hé ben. The top two teams that COULD draft him had their top brass there.

I mean, what else do you need? Habs know this kid won’t be available. They declined sending the top brass or even Brobov. They’ve got their sights on somebody else. That is what it’s telling me.

I am guessing they got their Come to Jesus meeting already. 10 days before the draft, they probably have their list by now.
They viewed him several times in Russia. I wonder if other teams got to see him overseas much big not, could explain why they’re all there now

Reactions: WeThreeKings

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
To go back to an earlier discussion - the reason to play like you are cooled on Demidov would be to try to keep anyone from jumping you to GET Demidov.. not that it's a likely scenario, but if Anaheim is willing to move down from 3 because Lev is gone, and a team is trying to get Demidov and needs to get ahead of Montreal, if they feel like Montreal isn't interested in Demidov they may not try to jump them.

Again unlikely, I don't believe a whole lot about smokescreens but that would be the reason to do it.

HabbyGuy

Apr 10, 2003
Hamilton Ontario
Visit site
To go back to an earlier discussion - the reason to play like you are cooled on Demidov would be to try to keep anyone from jumping you to GET Demidov.. not that it's a likely scenario, but if Anaheim is willing to move down from 3 because Lev is gone, and a team is trying to get Demidov and needs to get ahead of Montreal, if they feel like Montreal isn't interested in Demidov they may not try to jump them.

Again unlikely, I don't believe a whole lot about smokescreens but that would be the reason to do it.

Oh ok, that makes a little sense.

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas

Right before the draft GMs start to play 3D Chess with each other.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad