GDT: Gold star - Russian Combine- starting June 18

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
I personally would prefer Dickinson if we went the left D route, as I think he's genuinely a prospect the team that drafts him is going to be excited about - and for good reason.

But Buium is probably 3rd on my list as far as Ds are concerned. Tremendous offensive talent with great hands, and feels like a quarterback back there in transition. Ideally he'd put on some muscle because I think he tends to get overpowered quite a bit in the defensive zone, but he's a 17 year old teen playing against 22 year olds. That being said, you can see the guy has elite game IQ at both ends of the ice.

I just don't see who brings this package in our organization as things stand. I'm really, really more skeptical about Hutson than most here.

In fact, I don't see any surefire 1st pair D on a good team in our current pipeline.

If we draft a D, I'd take Dickinson as well. It's interesting with the D though... So many fans and lists you see on the internet has those D all over the place. My BPA waive after Celebrini is Demidov, Dickinson, Iggy, Lindstrom. Then there is a waive after and that's where I have Buium.

With Hutson, I'm not super high or low on him. Trying to stay reasonable. I think we have a more fancier version than Gostisbehere. If he's much better than this, I'll be happy I'm wrong.

Reactions: Estimated_Prophet

Ozmodiar

Oct 18, 2017
I think there's differing opinions on it, I guess it might depend on how small some teams thought he was.
Possibly because, at the top of the draft, talent is the trump card.

Also, at the top of the draft, players have had eyes on them all season long. less surprises when the measurements come out.
Were you surprised by the Demidov measurements? Probably not. I’m sure scouts were not.

WeThreeKings

Demidov is a HAB
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
Possibly because, at the top of the draft, talent is the trump card.

Also, at the top of the draft, players have had eyes on them all season long. less surprises when the measurements come out.
Were you surprised by the Demidov measurements? Probably not. I’m sure scouts were not.

I was a little surprised, I thought he was 5'11 so being above 6'0 and closer to 6'1, is pretty surprising to me. It's enough to shed the 'small' label.

If I told you he was taller and thicker than Iginla, would you have thought it was plausible? Like they were billed very differently from a physical standpoint.

Reactions: Paddy17

Ozmodiar

Oct 18, 2017
I was a little surprised, I thought he was 5'11 so being above 6'0 and closer to 6'1, is pretty surprising to me. It's enough to shed the 'small' label.

If I told you he was taller and thicker than Iginla, would you have thought it was plausible? Like they were billed very differently from a physical standpoint.
Plausible? - yes.

Height - Watching him play, he looked around 6 feet tall.
Weight - had already been listed at 181. Seems to have an average build. Closer to present day Pasta than to draft year, 167lb Pasta.

This is why I’m not concerned about the weigh-in.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad