GDT: Gold star - Russian Combine- starting June 18

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Right before the draft GMs start to play 3D Chess with each other.

I for one don't put too much into trying to find out what the Habs are doing behind the scenes. It's just too dam hard to figure out.

No way any media member or "insider" knows what teams are up to. It's all gossip and click bait statements so they justify their job.

Leto

The Conciliator
Feb 16, 2023
Urth
Strapped to a missile.
demidovbomb.jpg

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans
Then take Iginla

Or Big Dickinson, and trade for a forward
If you have a trade in place that’s bringing in Necas for Matheson type deal then you 100% take Dickinson and if memory serves me right is quite comfortable on the right side

Guhle-The Dick
Hutson-Reinbacher
Xhekaj-Mailloux
Engrstrom
Future D is solid solid

Reactions: themilosh

Shred

Nov 1, 2005
So Montreal’s top brass wasn’t there. Scouts were. Hé ben. The top two teams that COULD draft him had their top brass there.

I mean, what else do you need? Habs know this kid won’t be available. They declined sending the top brass or even Brobov. They’ve got their sights on somebody else. That is what it’s telling me.

I am guessing they got their Come to Jesus meeting already. 10 days before the draft, they probably have their list by now.
When you got Jesus in your sights, a demigod isn't gonna cut it.

River Meadow

Mar 29, 2016
Maybe Habs are just more interested in the NA boys at #5 and don't want to bother with the the Russian risk at all so they're like, pass.

Reactions: themilosh

River Meadow

Mar 29, 2016
At this point, why even bother? We've had so much uncertainty for the past few years, it'd be nice to get a blue chip prospect wirhout any ??

Fair point.

It does disturb me a bit to think of the uncertainties... come contract time or even if the player is unhappy.... none of those issues with a good ol' Canadian boy like Iginla.

Estimated_Prophet

Mar 28, 2003
I for one don't put too much into trying to find out what the Habs are doing behind the scenes. It's just too dam hard to figure out.

No way any media member or "insider" knows what teams are up to. It's all gossip and click bait statements so they justify their job.

Exactly! It takes extreme levels of gullibility and naivety for people to actually discuss the nonsense that is out there as having any level of credibility.

All of these clowns like McCagg, Boisvert, Button etc talking about draft prospects as though they have been going to see them live are no better than the couch scouts that they make fun of. These fans do deserve to be made fun of when they quote these sources however. I made the mistake of watching the Marinaro podcast where he had Wilde and McCagg on where both of these nimrods were using the perjorative slur "Billy Basement" in reference to internet posters as though these two have watched even 5% of these players live.......really rich coming from a beta journalist and a fake scout.

The typical "I am hearing" and "rumours have it" comments are just recycled, information bubble nonsense that boards like this and clowns like them are feeding each other lol......throw in a healthy dash of confirmation bias and a lack of critical thinking/reasoning skills and you have most of the content on these boards.

There are some very good posters on here but they are often drowned out by the primal horde of zombie sheep that prefer nonsense that conforms to their bias rather than the truth which is all too often that we just don't have the answer.

Estimated_Prophet

Mar 28, 2003
Pretty sure Hughes was there today and they made it into Russia to see him live.

Why are you pretty sure about these assertions with out evidence of either being true........confirmation bias seems to be at the forefront of this statement or am I missing an actual report of either scenario actually happening.

Reactions: Skip Bayless

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
Fair point.

It does disturb me a bit to think of the uncertainties... come contract time or even if the player is unhappy.... none of those issues with a good ol' Canadian boy like Iginla.

Yeah but he said blue chip and Iginla isn't blue chip. Neither is Sennecke or Buium etc.

Demidov is blue chip, so he's worth the risk.

dcyhabs

May 30, 2008
Montreal

Exactly. The habs met with Wright a bunch of times because they had questions. They didn’t meet with Slaf because they didn’t have questions.

Reactions: Habs Halifax

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad