Goaltending

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

centipede2233

Sep 13, 2010
one thing that is crystal clear to me, Kyle dubas doesn’t have a clue about scouting goaltenders…jack campbell, Matt Murray, Pete mrazek and samsonov…god what a loser

Reactions: JKG33

horner

May 22, 2007
We have never had this number of quality young player crazy our ranking was 29 th ok
Except for mathews nylander marner

Rookies crazy
Woll and knies

Next yr
Cowen Minten

Then
Greb

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
one thing that is crystal clear to me, Kyle dubas doesn’t have a clue about scouting goaltenders…jack campbell, Matt Murray, Pete mrazek and samsonov…god what a loser

He signed Jarry to a pretty crazy extension too.

TMLAM34

Oct 15, 2020
I don’t want to get too ahead of myself here but Woll is looking very good. Hopefully he can continue his strong play and become a legitimate starter for us. It’s been a LONG time since we’ve had a homegrown starter.

fancy lad

Nov 22, 2021
Woll's run as the number one goalie will end at one game. Samsonov will be in net against Dallas on Thursday, and I would be willing to bet that he dominates that game.
Not a chance.

it’s pretty obvious that woll is a more reliable and gives the team a better chance to win. Especially now. everyone can see it and that includes the coaches. pre season is over and these games count.

obviously Woll isn’t going to playing a brodeur type number of games this year, but all signs point to him being in the process of bumping samsonov from that top spot. id be shocked if he’s not the starter by seasons end.

Reactions: Zur En Arrh

Evilhomer

Oct 10, 2019
Not a chance.

it’s pretty obvious that woll is a more reliable and gives the team a better chance to win. Especially now. everyone can see it and that includes the coaches. pre season is over and these games count.

obviously Woll isn’t going to playing a brodeur type number of games this year, but all signs point to him being in the process of bumping samsonov from that top spot. id be shocked if he’s not the starter by seasons end.
Maybe he gets there at some point in the season, but the coaching staff isn't going to start giving him the majority of the starts. It will take more than a handful of game for Samsonov to lose the starting role.

Zur En Arrh

Apr 16, 2022
Woll is legit. I smell a new Reimer, home grown goalie. I'm right there for it.. the nickname potential and memes could be the best thing in this dark timeline

Reactions: HellasLEAF

cyris

On a Soma Holiday
Dec 6, 2008
3rd Planet From Sun.
I got reamed out and called a troll for suggesting Woll was better during the playoffs, in the offseason and after the start of this season.

So yes, a select few geniuses here were definitely saying that.
Okay but right now you are arguing with nobody. There is no goaltending controversy right now.
Woll is clearly playing better right now

JKG33

Leafs & Kings
Oct 31, 2009
Winnipeg
Okay but right now you are arguing with nobody. There is no goaltending controversy right now.
Woll is clearly playing better right now
There should've never been one in the first place is my point

Woll is legit. I smell a new Reimer, home grown goalie. I'm right there for it.. the nickname potential and memes could be the best thing in this dark timeline
No offense to Reimer, but Woll's ceiling is way higher. Reimer was at best a 1B, I really think Woll has true starter potential.

Which is sad really that Reimer was the only legit home grown goalie of the last 30ish years

Reactions: bax and TMLAM34

meefer

Jun 9, 2015
Bangkok
Yes, Woll is playing better, now. We'll need Sammy to contribute over the course of the year to be considered a contender and based on last year, I think there's a chance that we see him rebound and play some quality net for us.

HellasLEAF

'93 to Infinity
Sep 14, 2006
No team was going to drop their goalie who finished the season in the top 10 statistically for a guy with 11 games of experience going into the playoffs
In my eyes Woll has been #1 since last season and I have never believed in Sammy but to each their own. I thought Woll would take the net by Christmas guess it's happened sooner.

It's not like Woll is trying to supplant Patrick Roy here but to each their own.

Reactions: JKG33

cyris

On a Soma Holiday
Dec 6, 2008
3rd Planet From Sun.
Yes, Woll is playing better, now. We'll need Sammy to contribute over the course of the year to be considered a contender and based on last year, I think there's a chance that we see him rebound and play some quality net for us.
Agreed. Even if people think that Woll is the clear #1 and want him to start 50 games that means Sammy has to start 1 out of every 3 and we can’t afford to just lose those games.

And starting 50 games would be blowing past Woll previous high of 37 from back several seasons ago in college. And he would still have the playoffs to go after that.

In my eyes Woll has been #1 since last season and I have never believed in Sammy but to each their own. I thought Woll would take the net by Christmas guess it's happened sooner.

It's not like Woll is trying to supplant Patrick Roy here but to each their own.
No one thinks Sammy is better right now. But anyone who thought any team was going to hand the net to a guy with 11 career starts when they had a goalie with a .919 save % is being unrealistic.

JKG33

Leafs & Kings
Oct 31, 2009
Winnipeg
No team was going to drop their goalie who finished the season in the top 10 statistically for a guy with 11 games of experience going into the playoffs
One guy was a perennial playoff choker, and given up on by his own team. The other had limited experience but those who know goaltending recognized the ability was there. It's not quite the picture you're painting here.

I agree 100%. Like I've been saying since he got here, there's a reason why Washington gave up on a guy who was once a top prospect. Hell, they even got something in trade for Vanecek who should've in theory been less valuable.

Reactions: HellasLEAF

Gilmour1996

Oct 16, 2022
Leafs owe Sammy nothing except the money remaining on his contract. Best man gets the job and loyalty should be secondary in pro sports. Now we can work on improving our D and our coaching as the priorities.

Reactions: Macallan18

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad