Goaltending

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

alliuk12

Feb 1, 2011
Well in order to find out if we have a starter first we need a coach can play a goalie for more than one game and if he loses a game it doesn’t mean he’s bad it might be the rest of the team played like crap in front of him she we need a coach that can see what we have and i don’t see that happening with this coach

Reactions: supermann_98

TMLAM34

Oct 15, 2020
I think you give Woll these next two starts against Ottawa and Calgary. Samsonov can come in Saturday against Vancouver.

Reactions: supermann_98

TMLAM34

Oct 15, 2020
Have you seen Vancouver?

you think you want Samsonov playing Vancouver, you DO NOT want Samsonov playing Vancouver
They’ve been on fire. I’d rather get Sammy lit up than Woll. At least it wouldn’t be anything new with Samsonov.

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
They’ve been on fire. I’d rather get Sammy lit up than Woll. At least it wouldn’t be anything new with Samsonov.

I'd rather have a shot to win than no shot.

You play Samsonov you are basically quitting before the game starts.

LeafalCrusader

Oct 3, 2013
Winnipeg
I'd assume they'll split the back to backs against Calgary and Vancouver, the Sweden games, and then the back to backs on the road when we get back.

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
I'd assume they'll split the back to backs against Calgary and Vancouver, the Sweden games, and then the back to backs on the road when we get back.
My thinking is Saturday seems like a loss so give that one to Samsonov and hope Woll wins the Ottawa/Calgary games.

bax

Mar 4, 2011
Canada
I can see your point. Personally I'd like to see Woll stack up against Demko. Let's see what the Leafs have against a red hot team with no excuses.

Reactions: TMLAM34

ACC1224

Aug 19, 2002
I can see your point. Personally I'd like to see Woll stack up against Demko. Let's see what the Leafs have against a red hot team with no excuses.
Last game after a tough 4 game week before they hit the road for Europe.
That game has loss written all over it, IMO.

Gilmour1996

Oct 16, 2022
Have you seen Vancouver?

you think you want Samsonov playing Vancouver, you DO NOT want Samsonov playing Vancouver
He'd be lucky to last the first period, so no harm. Give him the start and pull him after he lets in 2 goals in the first 5-10 minutes, before things get out of hand.

bax

Mar 4, 2011
Canada
Last game after a tough 4 game week before they hit the road for Europe.
That game has loss written all over it, IMO.
Yeah it'll be a tough one. Demko has been amazing. I'd still like to see them bring their best team against the other best teams. Hopefully they're not already looking past the game to the trip. I hate this trip lol what time are the games going to be on at?

ACC1224

Aug 19, 2002
Yeah it'll be a tough one. Demko has been amazing. I'd still like to see them bring their best team against the other best teams. Hopefully they're not already looking past the game to the trip. I hate this trip lol what time are the games going to be on at?
I think the games are Friday afternoon and early Sunday morning.

I would just hate to see Samsonov blow a winnable game against Calgary in order to have Woll face a tough Canucks team and they end up losing both.

Reactions: OddyOh and bax

bax

Mar 4, 2011
Canada
I think the games are Friday afternoon and early Sunday morning.

I would just hate to see Samsonov blow a winnable game against Calgary in order to have Woll face a tough Canucks team and they end up losing both.

It's a good point!

Reactions: ACC1224

Jacquestrapless

Jun 5, 2011
Mississauga
Jack Campbell?
lmao maybe next year after he gets bought out, sign him to the minimum. There are other goalies I'd target next year, though.

Cam talbot
Casey Desmith
Anthony Stolarz
Scott Wedgewood

Matthews and possibly Nylander's new contract kicks in, so expect cheap goaltending next year until Tavares' contract is up

acrobaticgoalie

Jun 18, 2014
Samsonov has got to go, the team has 6 wins, they have bailed Samsonov out 4 times.

Montreal, Minnesota and twice against Tampa.

He has been a disgrace in net.

Coming into tonight his save% was 871 it dropped.

It's under 870 now.

That's not a defense problem that 1000% a goaltending issue.

They need to find somebody that can make a save and before somebody says Woll, cracks are starting to show in his shield too.

Not that he was ever going to stay at 961 but his last start against was pathetic.

The Leafs tied it up for him 3 times and he gave it back EVERY time, one of Which was 35 seconds later you can't do that.

They don't need Vezina caliber goaltending, they have incredible talent, they just need a save and they aren't getting it.

Look at Woll's last start against Buffalo, you sure about that?
You are still using the lazy arguments when it comes to goaltending again I see. Here's the highlights from the sabres game. Please point out which goals Buffalo scored were on Woll?

1st goal - 2 players screening him

2nd - breakaway from one of the best players in the league off a giveaway from Marner at his own blue line.

3rd - rocket slap shot from 20 ft away in the top corner.

4th - makes a big point blank save and guy is right there for the rebound.

5th - puck hits a body in fronnt of him and changes direction.

Critical thinking. You remind me of a guy I know who would post on Facebook every time a goal is scored against about how we need a new goalie. The team would give up a 2 on 0 and he would blame the goalie for the goal against. It's lazy. Samsonov has not been good. The team defense has been horrible. Woll has not had a bad game yet.

Reactions: saltming and bax

MK78

Apr 8, 2023
I feel bad for Jack. i think he may be finding out that Edmonton fan base could be even worse than the Leafs one when it comes to criticism, especially because Edmonton has had goalie issues for soooo long.

Reactions: CincoHolio

horner

May 22, 2007
I feel bad for Jack. i think he may be finding out that Edmonton fan base could be even worse than the Leafs one when it comes to criticism, especially because Edmonton has had goalie issues for soooo long.
Maybe the goaltender coach sucks

HellasLEAF

'93 to Infinity
Sep 14, 2006
Keefe should look for a soft spot on the road for Sammy's next start.

Woll should be allowed to lose and play again he's earned that much trust at this point. We should roll him in November.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad