Goaltending

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

TorMapleJays

Jun 24, 2012
I got reamed out and called a troll for suggesting Woll was better during the playoffs, in the offseason and after the start of this season.

So yes, a select few geniuses here were definitely saying that.
I mean… I did create a poll after game 2 last year that Woll should be starting game 3 vs Florida. He finished the game and has not looked back.

fancy lad

Nov 22, 2021
Safe to say Samsonov's game has fallen off a cliff and it makes me wonder, why are we such goalie killers?

God bless Woll, and i really hope he keeps playing like this....

but why do goalies start out here looking pretty good and then magically turn into a dog's dinner seemingly overnight? Samsonov looks DONE.

FlyingLeafus

But what about the playoffs?
Jan 4, 2009
Milton
Safe to say Samsonov's game has fallen off a cliff and it makes me wonder, why are we such goalie killers?

God bless Woll, and i really hope he keeps playing like this....

but why do goalies start out here looking pretty good and then magically turn into a dog's dinner seemingly overnight? Samsonov looks DONE.
Couldnt you say that about 90% of goalies?

ponder

Jul 11, 2007
Vancouver
Got a back to back on Friday and Saturday so Keefe will split the starts but boy Sammy's bad right now.
I would honestly play Woll B2B right now - he’s young, hasn’t faced a huge workload, he can take it. Sammy is unplayable at the moment, and Woll has been great.

Of the 45 goalies with a decent sample size this year (faced 120+ shots), Sammy is dead last in sv%, at .855. Woll, facing basically the same shot quality, is 5th, at .930: NHL Stats

Last edited:
Reactions: OddyOh

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
Samsonov has got to go, the team has 6 wins, they have bailed Samsonov out 4 times.

Montreal, Minnesota and twice against Tampa.

He has been a disgrace in net.

Coming into tonight his save% was 871 it dropped.

It's under 870 now.

That's not a defense problem that 1000% a goaltending issue.

They need to find somebody that can make a save and before somebody says Woll, cracks are starting to show in his shield too.

Not that he was ever going to stay at 961 but his last start against was pathetic.

The Leafs tied it up for him 3 times and he gave it back EVERY time, one of Which was 35 seconds later you can't do that.

They don't need Vezina caliber goaltending, they have incredible talent, they just need a save and they aren't getting it.

because someone is stealing his job ;)

Look at Woll's last start against Buffalo, you sure about that?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad