Post-Game Talk: Goalie Bobbed in Game 1

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

foshizzle

Feb 1, 2007
Spittin' Chiclets are the only people she's spoken to online. She appears around the midway point in today's episode (Episode 505 titled "Game 1 Recap").

She works in the oil fields.

Features the type of crass questions you would expect from that pod like "why'd you whip out your tits?" :laugh:

And of course, you also get an answer to "are they real".

She has gone into hiding and has apparently deleted her social media accounts. She hasn't followed up with any of the offers that were made to her by adult sites but has read about them. Says she's not interested.

Confirms that she doesn't know the person who took the video, who was just filming the crowd at that moment and she happened to be in the viewing angle. When she saw that the clip was posted on Twitter, she contacted them to have it deleted and they did but of course, nothing ever gets deleted once it's posted online.

She seemed to warm up to the interview as it went on. She started it wearing huge sunglasses but eventually took them off and seemed more relaxed by the end of it.
So, basically- she didn’t understand the fundamental concept of actions and consequences. She works in the oil fields…she won’t much longer because along with good, hardworking people- there are a ton of assholes who will take this too far

mkatcherin00

Apr 2, 2023
Regarding the Nurse/Ceci thing I would not have returned to that pairing. But Ceci getting stripped clean of puck behind net is all Ceci there. Easy target and the one that gives up the puck most. He's a D, and he got picked clean. That can't happen. Nurse doesn't stop the pass in front but fair to say the play happened fast and Nurse shouldn't be expecting Ceci to just outright lose puck there. How does an NHL D not protect better. It was a freeze situation for Ceci there. Eat the puck, protect it till help comes. Ceci positioning over puck was so poor it made it immediately available.

Ceci with most culpability there.

WE tend to get tunnelled here as well due to happenchance in games. Sure the pair were on for both GA. Nurse also made multiple good plays in game, had a lot of ozone entries and was fairly dynamic. Of course Nurse should be better, and we're paying him too much but a notion he should be scratched, I don't know that I buy that.
Zero urgency by ceci there. Mindboggling. He should be going to that puck so fast like a raging bull is on his ass. His urgency was just atrocious

North Cole

♧ Lem
Jan 22, 2017
They're going to shut it down to the public and use the company's talent and it's code base / API to try and gain a competitive advantage.

Realistically most NHL teams likely have their own internal systems that are similar already developed so it's likely not a huge advantage, but that's likely the thought.

Per the article - the website is slated to go dark on July 5th.
Are they? I assumed they were buying the website for marketing purposes. Not all the people/API. All they do is regurgitate information the NHL already has access to, doesn't make much sense to buy an IP that's based on aggregate NHL contract data.

I thought they just wanted the website because the team is the 'caps'.. and it's "capfriendly", ie - using it for marketing/name. However, I didn't read the article so if it says they want all the people and stuff then so be it. Just not really clear why that would be the case.

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
Hyman’s back check on goal 1. Not good enough.

Nurse sleeping on goal 2. Ditto with Kane’s back check. Not good enough.

Not to say those were the only Fails on those plays. But those are the easily correctable ones that could have prevented a goal against.

Clean up the details in our game. Finish some chances. And we be should good if we keep tilting the ice like this with our speed and skill.

Reactions: capazzo

Dazed and Confused

Ludicrous speed, GO!
Aug 10, 2007
Berlin, Germany
Has anyone specified why they went back to the old top 4 this game?

I notice GYB didn't have any concrete answers. At best, they read through the lines Kulak was uncomfortable, but an uncomfortable is still better than Ceci with Nurse IMO. Though I could see the concern vs. a much hyped FLA forecheck.

I wonder if they're setting up for Broberg to take the role, but wanted to give him a game on the 3rd pairing first before tossing him straight into the fire.

McJadeddog

Sep 25, 2003
Regina, Saskatchewan
Has anyone specified why they went back to the old top 4 this game?

I notice GYB didn't have any concrete answers. At best, they read through the lines Kulak was uncomfortable, but an uncomfortable is still better than Ceci with Nurse IMO. Though I could see the concern vs. a much hyped FLA forecheck.

I wonder if they're setting up for Broberg to take the role, but wanted to give him a game on the 3rd pairing first before tossing him straight into the fire.

I think they end up playing Broberg with Nurse next game. Broberg looked really good, maybe even our best defender yesterday outside Bouchard. Played the most mins outside the top pairing (and only 1 min less than Ekholm). He looked find on his off side, but then again so did Kulak for the most part and Knob still made the idiotic decision to put Nurse/Ceci back together.

I don't think Knob is taking NEARLY enough heat for that decision btw, he basically cost us the game with that deployment. In the face of OVERWHELMING evidence that the pairing simply doesn't work, and Nurse/Kulak, even with Kulak on his wrong side, was light years better. Simply an unforgivable mistake, that everybody and their dog saw as wrong from the second it was apparent he was making the mistake. Inexcusable.

Reactions: BTO and ManOfSteelI

mkatcherin00

Apr 2, 2023
So I guess slashes to the hands don’t count on Breakaways when you are on the PP. Nuge took one right on the hand when making his backhand deke.

Like I said, due to game management the refs won’t call everything. So the team that does more infractions gets the officiating advantage.
Ya he was trying to raise it6. Got slashed and barely got it up to bobs blocker

iCanada

Feb 6, 2010
Edmonton
Hyman’s back check on goal 1. Not good enough.

Nurse sleeping on goal 2. Ditto with Kane’s back check. Not good enough.

Not to say those were the only Fails on those plays. But those are the easily correctable ones that could have prevented a goal against.

Clean up the details in our game. Finish some chances. And we be should good if we keep tilting the ice like this with our speed and skill.

Eh, I don't think you want McDavid or Hyman to back check much harder than they already did on that because you already have 3 trailers coming in.

Really that first goal was a failure by Nurse and Ceci to read it was a 3 on 2 and they bite on it in 2 on 1s. Which they also f*** up because they don't actually take a man or get stick on puck.

You also probably want Skinner to have it, but that's ok you don't mind one of every two of those going in.

Goal two you want Ceci to win the battle, but he always loses the board battle. You also want Nurse to just intercept the puck, but whatever. McLeod is also sleeping and doesn't pick up the man. You also would like Skinner to intercept the pass or just challenge the shot and probably should have it - but again that's a tough one and you don't mind one of every two of those going in.

Reactions: Messrules11

frag2

Mar 8, 2006

Together in 179 even strength minutes in the playoffs, Nurse and Ceci have been on the ice for 5 goals for, 14 against, a 26% Goal For Percentage.

Without Nurse in 154 minutes, Ceci is 3 goals for, 2 against, a 60% Goal For Percentage.

Without Ceci in 155 minutes, Nurse is 5 goals for, 12 against, a 29% Goal For Percentage.

Without either Nurse or Ceci on the ice at even strength, Edmonton is 30 goals for, 19 against, a 61% Goal For Percentage.

brutal

Fishy McScales

Apr 22, 2006
schmocation
Are they? I assumed they were buying the website for marketing purposes. Not all the people/API. All they do is regurgitate information the NHL already has access to, doesn't make much sense to buy an IP that's based on aggregate NHL contract data.

I thought they just wanted the website because the team is the 'caps'.. and it's "capfriendly", ie - using it for marketing/name. However, I didn't read the article so if it says they want all the people and stuff then so be it. Just not really clear why that would be the case.
Haven't read the article but I'm assuming they want to develop it as a user-friendly tool for internal use.

Sounds kind of unprofessional in a way that they would feel they need some enthusiastic web designers/coders to help them do their job, but on the other hand if there's no dedicated tool for managing the cap almost 20 years after it was introduced I suppose it's about time.

Reactions: North Cole

T-Funk

Oct 15, 2006

Together in 179 even strength minutes in the playoffs, Nurse and Ceci have been on the ice for 5 goals for, 14 against, a 26% Goal For Percentage.

Without Nurse in 154 minutes, Ceci is 3 goals for, 2 against, a 60% Goal For Percentage.

Without Ceci in 155 minutes, Nurse is 5 goals for, 12 against, a 29% Goal For Percentage.

Without either Nurse or Ceci on the ice at even strength, Edmonton is 30 goals for, 19 against, a 61% Goal For Percentage.

brutal
f***ing nightmare.

Reactions: frag2

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
Eh, I don't think you want McDavid or Hyman to back check much harder than they already did on that because you already have 3 trailers coming in.

Really that first goal was a failure by Nurse and Ceci to read it was a 3 on 2 and they bite on it in 2 on 1s. Which they also f*** up because they don't actually take a man or get stick on puck.

You also probably want Skinner to have it, but that's ok you don't mind one of every two of those going in.

Goal two you want Ceci to win the battle, but he always loses the board battle. You also want Nurse to just intercept the puck, but whatever. McLeod is also sleeping and doesn't pick up the man. You also would like Skinner to intercept the pass or just challenge the shot and probably should have it - but again that's a tough one and you don't mind one of every two of those going in.
Why not. You can see Hyman skate then glide. He could have disrupted the shooter on Goal 1 if he just keeps skating. Hymans man was the shooter. Any trailers the other 2 FWDs can pick up.

They both bit and both failed. If we are playing our best defensive game, it covers for fails like that with last second sticks on shots or last minute disruptions to the shooter. Nurse Ceci still deserve some blame though, execution fails by both. But the lack of back check is a systems fail, easily correctable and a mistake not expected to happen if we are on our defensive game.

Goal 2 Ceci lost a battle on a forecheck. It happens. It’s an exuection fail but atleast he attempted the battle but just got beat. This happens multiple times a game with us beating their defenceman on the forecheck and vice versa. The systems fail is Nurse sleeping on the pass and Kane sleeping on the shooter.

On neither goal Skinner should be expected to save them. But it’s that whole not enough huge saves argument which is valid. But not the bad goals argument. A 2 on 1 down load and a 2 on 1 to an uncovered net front shooter. I don’t agree on Goal 2 that skinner should be expected to poke check his stick past Nurse who was already in that lane to take that pass. Nurse’s responsibility is the pass. Skinners is the shooter.

Reactions: Arty Spooners Bsmnt

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004

I just posted a video on this very thing.
The initial mistake was on McDavid for getting caught deep. On the play up ice McDavid just wasnt able to catch Barkov. Not sure of the shift time at that point.
I cant recall if Hyman stopped skating or not but one thing I did notice in last nights game is that Florida had better back pressure than the Oilers did which suggests to me that the Oilers shifts were either too long or there was not the same level of commitment (as Florida had) skating back into the D zone.
So there were a cascade of mistakes on that play.
The lesson for me is that I would absolutely not ever play Ceci and Nurse with the McDavid line.
I actually wouldnt ever play that pairing at all but if Knoblauch insists on doing that then he needs to deploy them better.
You need a more responsible pairing with that line because they tend to over commit due to going all in on offence moreso than any other line IMO.

Last edited:

McDNicks17

Jul 1, 2010
Ontario
Zero urgency by ceci there. Mindboggling. He should be going to that puck so fast like a raging bull is on his ass. His urgency was just atrocious
I feel like that's the crux of why that pairing is unplayable.

Ceci seems to be always involved in races he should easily win, battles he should easily, passes he should easily make, etc. that he somehow inexplicably loses in the cleanest way possible.

Nurse has to react to all the dumb shit Ceci does and he just doesn't react well.

Reactions: Kerberos

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
I feel like that's the crux of why that pairing is unplayable.

Ceci seems to be always involved in races he should easily win, battles he should easily, passes he should easily make, etc. that he somehow inexplicably loses in the cleanest way possible.

Nurse has to react to all the dumb shit Ceci does and he just doesn't react well.
Nurse creates a lot of dumb shit himself as well.
Its not all on Ceci.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad