GDT: Go to 11: Leafs @ Oilers - 7:00 PM. SNWest - Jan 16, 2024

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

CornKicker

Holland is wrong..except all of the good things
Feb 18, 2005
Brown tends to sewer everything he touches. Hopefully getting Kane away from him is the jolt he needs to get back on track.
brown is the catalyst of the team........

if you play bad you play with brown, so when you get out of the dog house you do whatever you can to not have to go back there. Kane 1g 1a 2pims and 6 shots

Reactions: Kerberos and jukon

McSpecial DraiBlend

Feb 18, 2010
Kelowna, Canada
Have other weeknight Toronto games been later like this?
Always seems like they get the early time slot bo matter what
Keep playing with the same attention to detail defensively and offensively he chances will come. Boys will be ready for this one.

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
At the end of the day win or lose as long as EDM makes the playoffs, are clicking and get good goaltending (just like this the team has been getting lately) that's all that matters to me. The actual post season. lol
I hear you.
Might as well enjoy some sweetness along the way. :nod:

jukon

NHL Point Leader
Mar 17, 2011
Extremely correct post. Love the book stuffer but christ I sometimes wonder how any guest ever repeats an appearance!

Also not sure if said yet but I think Clouder plays 3LW tonight? Or may have heard wrong.

Same can be said about Lavoie in the NHL.

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011

Unrelated to this game but a team we r chasing. Let me guess, he is out till playoffs and they will go out and grab someone and then Eichel is back for playoffs GM 1

This f***er better not be faking it. I would not put it past cut-throat McCrimmon either to do exactly what you are implying. K tin foil hat off, but not really in this integrity-less League that Bettman has created.

3IR

Feb 12, 2019
At this point I'm not sure what to expect. It feels like we're getting closer to an actual loss each game. The last few have been some ugly wins that we barely managed to squeak out, which while a little concerning, is also kind of reassuring since those types of games are typically outright losses in years prior.

The optimist in me says that the energy is going to eb and flow, and instead of taking 3 losses in a row like after the last winning streak, they instead decided to just take it easy for 3 games while still giving just enough to win, to get their energy back before another long winning run.

Reactions: AddyTheWrath

KCC

Aug 15, 2007
Is McLeod out again or something? Kane showed nothing playing on the second line in Montreal he just needs better third linemates.
I think Kane is expected to start the game there. Why, I don't know. Especially with McLeod back (I think he's back anyways). May because they generated the game tying goal last game? But they didn't do anything otherwise. They did not look good. But I think when the game progresses Kane will be bumped back down. lol

Drivesaitl

Finding Hemingway
Oct 8, 2017
Islands in the stream.
This f***er better not be faking it. I would not put it past cut-throat McCrimmon either to do exactly what you are implying. K tin foil hat off, but not really in this integrity-less League that Bettman has created.
Knights aren't really comfortable enough in their spot to be parking guys like Eichel. They're not in a playoff spot by a whole lot at the moment.

Back to the Oilers its ridiculous that only 3mths of schedule left and we still 43 games left. The rest of the way, on average thats pretty much a game every 2nd night. Compressed schedule the rest of the way except ASG break. Gonna be a lot of Back2Backs.

After ASG it gets real compressed. 37game nights and 36 nights off. Ridiculous. The NHL basically f***ing us over.

Last edited:

mkatcherin00

Apr 2, 2023

I always see what it is. These guys just write "Lower body surgery" lol

He will be back perfectly fine in game 1 and Vegas will now add massive deadline rentals for an unfair advantage

Meanwhile we still have Campbell 5 million we can't even spend lol

I am curious what the penalty calls will look like tonight. TO got 3 PP's in the first period in a row against DET after yelling at the league about COlorado

They are like us in general. They do not get many.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hemingway
Oct 8, 2017
Islands in the stream.
Oilers have such a weird schedule; 3 games behind most teams
9 clubs have played 5 more games than the Oilers. 11 more teams have played 4 more games than the Oilers.

How ridiculous is that?

I wish they would come out with some rule against this.
One way you prevent this being an advantage for other clubs is to gain the similar advantage. Trouble is the Oilers never give themselves the kind of space in standings to even do something like this if the NHL allowed us to do it. We're in a dogfight often due to our poor 2-3mths opening seasons. But Vegas too have lost most of any margin they had. Standings really compressed right now. Only Nucks now are in a comfortable spot.

Reactions: JeffSkinner53
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad