Post-Game Talk: GM05 | Vancouver Canucks defeat Philadelphia Flyers | 3-0 (Hoglander, Boeser, & Sherwood) | Tyler Myers 1000 Game Club Success

Grip it N RYP it

Apr 20, 2017
Brooklyn, NY

1000009810.png

Same vibes

Last edited:

lousy

Jul 20, 2004
Calgary
Take the win, but need to keep getting better. Happy with pretty much everyone's individual efforts, buy structure play still has room to improve.

Crazy set of balls on Allvin to not blink vs Lankinen. Where are we right now if he ended up signing elsewhere?

Powerplay needs new batteries or something. But nice having a PK that doesn't fill me full of dread.

What does this mean? Do females not have the balls to pull off this? Just throwing thought bombs out there

Tact

Jul 9, 2006
What does this mean? Do females not have the balls to pull off this? Just throwing thought bombs out there
Your logic is flawed. Alternate is just saying our GM wasn’t first to cave, especially given the circumstances. For you to gender his statement is confusing.

Reactions: alternate

orcatown

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 13, 2003
Visit site
Improved, but still needed great goal tending and some luck around the net to win.

Good

Lankinen - story of the year so far. Has been excellent.

Garland - most often the player bailing the team out of bad situations and again creating numerous offensive chances

Hronek - best d-man. Thought he carried Hughes in the defensive end.

Sherwood - lot of grunt work and a nice goal. Best of the 4th liners (Aman a little better here as well)

Blueger - key on the PK and another good game holding line togetner. Real good season to date

Boeser - showing last year's play, as far as good two way play is concerned, is continuing, Back check, which was non-existant a couple of year's ago is now NHL standard.

Others

Pettersson - to me, just not supporting the play with any smarts. Example in the second where Soucy is battling a Flyer near the corner and Pettersson goes into the play and gets behind Soucy leaving a lane open to the net. Flyer knocks the puck free and goes driectly to the net and Pettersson is left uselessly standing in the corner. You see this repeatly - Pettersson taking himself out of the play to make a meaningless hit or over engaging in the play when a teammate is already in the play, ending up with two men on the puck and an opponent wide open. On the occassion when he was well positioned and not tangled up with someone he was able to take Garland's pass and set up Hoglander. That should be his game rather than being taggled up in scrums. (and in many of those cases falling down). Got to somehow learn the sometimes less is more.

I don't think he had a bad game and try is there, but he still looks immature in his reads and positioning and you have to hope he overcomes that..

Miller - you wonder if he broke his hand in that fight in the opener. Would explain his trouble in taking and giving passes. If so, give him kudos for his effort this season.

Myers - - him and Soucy had to do a lot of the hard load in this game . Played a lot and were important to the win although it was not very tidy at times. Myers made a very good play on the Boeser goal

Brannstrom - so far, so good. Could be an important pick up. Helped Desharnais have a better game.

de Brusk - beginning to show more. Team really needs him to become good and he is showing improved speed.

Sprong - actually good on the fore check - especially in the third. However, can see he has tunnel vision at times. That's one explanation why he has been bounced around and why he has trouble playing off what others are doing.

Canucks still haven't played a full game but are, at least, hanging in as far as the standing are concerned.

Last edited:

lousy

Jul 20, 2004
Calgary
Your logic is flawed. Alternate is just saying our GM wasn’t first to cave, especially given the circumstances. For you to gender his statement is confusing.
They said it took balls to hold off on something. That sure sounds like a gender statement to me

TruGr1t

Proper Villain
Jun 26, 2003
Interesting, they said on Rink Wide post-game that Suter is also not taking draws because of a lingering injury, which explains why they haven't been playing him at centre.

SelltheTeamFrancesco

Aug 11, 2015
The good: Hoglander, Miller, Petey, Garland, Boeser, DeBrusk, Suter, Blueger, Sherwood, Hughes, Hronek, Myers, Soucy, Brannstrom, Desharnais, Lakkinen, Silovs, Aman, Sprong

The bad: Heinen

mossey3535

Feb 7, 2011
Good for Myers getting to 1000 games.

I think that Brannstrom and Desharnais could be a good pair, at least relative to what we've seen so far in the season.

Desharnais has more than enough tools for me, issue is that he chases way too much for his size. I think his main issue is decision making, I also notice he gets stuck at the blueline flat footed and too high fairly often. Hopefully Foote can work on this with him. At least compared to Forbort you can see how Brannstrom can be a bit smarter and move the puck which will help out Desharnais.

IMO Hronek is looking a lot less squirrelly this season.

LordBacon

CEO of sh*tposting
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2017
Hong Kong
Hope Lank gave Silovs some idea what it takes to be a NHL goalie, the comment earlier in the offseason by Silov’s agent claiming his client demands NHL playtime seems pretty unrealistic now.

Reactions: mossey3535

SopelFanThe3rd

Cock of the Walk
Oct 25, 2020
Your Mother's House.
Torts post game presser. He called the Flyers ‘sloppy’ and ‘flat’.

I like my Flyers like I like my women.

Trimmed some fat in this thread.

Let’s not make things personal, and remember the site rules. For f***s sakes, we got a shutout tonight - celebrate!
I was perfectly fine until I got randomly piled on for nothing.

As much as I like that typically.. ;)

• Haha

SopelFanThe3rd

Cock of the Walk
Oct 25, 2020
Your Mother's House.
Tyler Myers for Ring of Honour.

Improved, but still needed great goal tending and some luck around the net to win.

Good

Lankinen - story of the year so far. Has been excellent.

Garland - most often the player bailing the team out of bad situations and again creating numerous offensive chances

Hronek - best d-man. Thought he carried Hughes in the defensive end.

Sherwood - lot of grunt work and a nice goal. Best of the 4th liners (Aman a little better here as well)

Blueger - key on the PK and another good game holding line togetner. Real good season to date

Boeser - showing last year's play, as far as good two way play is concerned, is continuing, Back check, which was non-existant a couple of year's ago is now NHL standard.

Others

Pettersson - to me, just not supporting the play with any smarts. Example in the second where Soucy is battling a Flyer near the corner and Pettersson goes into the play and gets behind Soucy leaving a lane open to the net. Flyer knocks the puck free and goes driectly to the net and Pettersson is left uselessly standing in the corner. You see this repeatly - Pettersson taking himself out of the play to make a meaningless hit or over engaging in the play when a teammate is already in the play, ending up with two men on the puck and an opponent wide open. On the occassion when he was well positioned and not tangled up with someone he was able to take Garland's pass and set up Hoglander. That should be his game rather than being taggled up in scrums. (and in many of those cases falling down). Got to somehow learn the sometimes less is more.

I don't think he had a bad game and try is there, but he still looks immature in his reads and positioning and you have to hope he overcomes that..

Miller - you wonder if he broke his hand in that fight in the opener. Would explain his trouble in taking and giving passes. If so, give him kudos for his effort this season.

Myers - - him and Soucy had to a lot of the hard load in this game . Played a lot and were important to the win although it was not very tidy at times. Myers made a very good play on the Boeser goal

Brannstrom - so far, so good. Could be an important pick up. Helped Desharnais have a better game.

de Brusk - beginning to show more. Team really needs him to become good and he is showing improved speed.

Sprong - actually good on the fore check - especially in the third. However, can see he has tunnel vision at times. That's one explanation why he has been bounced around and why he has trouble playing off what others are doing.

Canucks still haven't played a full game but are, at least, hanging in as far as the standing are.
I've been reading you and @MS game reviews for like 20 years now and I always make time for them. Always on point.

Ernie

Aug 3, 2004
Find it somewhat hilarious management didn't really like Brannstrom, took him as a dump, waived him, and now he's en route to being the team's at least 5th best defenseman. But yeah, let's put a bunch of Forborts on the bottom pair.

Welcome to the Canucks, Brannstrom. Highly unlikely he makes it through waivers at this point so he's on the team for the foreseeable future.

strattonius

Jul 4, 2011
Surrey, BC
I think Brannstrom has looked good so far too but it's such a tiny sample size might want to pump the brakes a bit. I want nothing more than his continued success because he definitely adds an element our defense needs right now. But just remember Akito Hirose also looked like a lock to be an NHL player in such a small sample size as well.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad