Post-Game Talk: GM05 | Vancouver Canucks defeat Philadelphia Flyers | 3-0 (Hoglander, Boeser, & Sherwood) | Tyler Myers 1000 Game Club Success

Flik

Canucks fan for life
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2010
Vancouver, WA
Man, I came across this weird statue of Quinn Hughes, just thought I'd share.

atlas.jpeg

kanucks25

Chris Tanev #1 Fan
Nov 29, 2013
Surrey, BC
Kind of a weird sloppy game, neither team seemed very sharp. Just like last game, won't complain about the win but defensively still not where Tocchet would want them to be. Lots given up in transition tonight.

Lankinen doesn't always look pretty in there but is battling and simply getting the job done. Helped that the Flyers looked completely inept when it came to finishing.

Garland and Hoglander continue to push the offense, both are constantly skating hard and fast. Pettersson with some good moments including the nice assist but again still not where we need him to be.

Thought Hughes had a weaker game by his standards but on the flip side, Brannstrom looked very good outside of one iffy shift in the 3rd. Crisp puck movement, stepped up at the right times, looked more confident. Coaches were willing to give him more ice-time with the 3 goal lead.

Miller hasn't had a great start to the season and now may be hurt. Hopefully it's not serious.

Reactions: Coffee and Josepho

HockeyWooot

Jan 28, 2020
Brannstrom showing he can bring much needed puck movement and mobility to the bottom 4.

Keeping in mind he had no training camp no less practice time before the Florida game, let’s take a bit of time before we judge his fit.

Sherwood was and is my favorite pickup of the offseason.

Pettersson not back to normal but looks like he’s warming up.

Still a lot of sloppy play but will take the W.

Reactions: thefeebster

Canuckle1970

Mar 24, 2010
The guys look like they're having fun, on top of playing better, and I'm sure Lank's play has a lot to do with it.
Confidence, baby.

TruGr1t

Proper Villain
Jun 26, 2003
Find it somewhat hilarious management didn't really like Brannstrom, took him as a dump, waived him, and now he's en route to being the team's at least 5th best defenseman. But yeah, let's put a bunch of Forborts on the bottom pair.

Billy Kvcmu

Dec 5, 2014
West Vancouver
Missed the game (took my kids to a magic show). Anyone end up in the doghouse?
You in a magic show

Find it somewhat hilarious management didn't really like Brannstrom, took him as a dump, waived him, and now he's en route to being the team's at least 5th best defenseman. But yeah, let's put a bunch of Forborts on the bottom pair.
Nah, stop being so negative

This was a chief Allvin plan all along

Yes, no doubt

TruGr1t

Proper Villain
Jun 26, 2003
Nah, stop being so negative

This was a chief Allvin plan all along

Yes, no doubt

You gotta be lucky to be good, and good to be lucky.

Management held their nose while they took Brannstrom, didn't really seem all the motivated to sign Lankinen, and looks to have burned some unnecessary dollars on Heinen, Forbort and Desharnais ... but the guys they lucked into look to have made up for it. Plus DeBrusk and Sherwood were straight up good additions.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad