Post-Game Talk: GM02 | Canucks lose to Flyers in SO | 2-3 (Hoglander & Blueger) | Winless Streak

arttk

Feb 16, 2006
Los Angeles
Zero win in 2 games and no games until maybe Thursday? Going to assume the Tampa game is cancelled. This board is going to get hella toxic

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
Lankinen was excellent, and I thought the bottom six forward group had a strong night.

Top six forwards look disjointed. Hopefully just figuring out the new guys and establishing chemistry. But a lot of miscues and miscommunications.

Didn’t think we were as bad defensively today, and our effort was more consistent. But our PP was weak and our shootout efforts, DeBrusk aside, were way too slow.

Hope we get the next one.

Jay26

Jul 13, 2022
Kamloops
I'm pretty certain the team will finish bottom 5 in the league in shots for this season. Unless something about their play style changes drastically.

vadim sharifijanov

Oct 10, 2007
if blais can rebuild himself in abbo (2 pts tonight against the baby flames), i’d sign him to the minimum to be our 17th forward and waive sprong when everyone is healthy

(brzustewicz and brannstrom both got assists in the game)

NailsHoglander

Feb 20, 2024
Its very early so will try to remain optimistic, but adding end of last year, I have a sinking feeling when I think this is the beginning of 8 long years with Petey. He makes little difference in the game, looks nothing like an 11.6 million a year player. This is the 5th highest paid player in the NHL

Kuch will show him what a real top tier forward looks like next game

Brookbank

Nov 15, 2022
I'm even more worried because it is October. Top lines should be devastating bottom feeders now, especially at home.

Not missing by much is irrelevant. They won't make it this year either, neither will Calgary.

If the top lines play like this the Nucks aren't beating many teams.
We lost 2 of the first 4 games last year.

It really does blow my mind how down and out some ppl get about a loss like this. Getting the lead , bringing it to OT, getting a point. Being the better team.

Just imagine it was actually a bad loss. Like getting shut out. Just as the team did against the Flyers last year.How down and out would you be then ?

TruGr1t

Proper Villain
Jun 26, 2003
Sprong needs to be in the press box. Bring Bains in and bump Garland up with Pettersson and DeBrusk.

Friedman probably comes up if Myers out, but need to look externally, Justin Schultz or something at a minimum.

Reactions: sting101

Szechwan

Sep 13, 2006
Thought the Raty-Hoglander-Garland line was the best line tonight, don't know why he split them up for the third period. But it does seem that Sprong is the new Kuzmenko.

On another note, did anyone else's Sportsnet+ subscription suddenly cut out in the third? It was saying that I needed to be in Canada for it to work but there's just one issue, I was...
SN, is such trash - I bought it for the last few years but I'm not giving them another dime for a experience that gets worse and worse every year.

I've returned to the high seas and couldn't be happier about it.

Reactions: thefeebster

Cupless44

Jun 25, 2014
We lost 2 of the first 4 games last year.

It really does blow my mind how down and out some ppl get about a loss like this. Getting the lead , bringing it to OT, getting a point. Being the better team.

Just imagine it was actually a bad loss. Like getting shut out. Just as the team did against the Flyers last year.How down and out would you be then ?
Speak for yourself. I am not down and out. I am just calling what i saw tonight.

SeawaterOnIce

Bald is back in style.
Sponsor
Aug 28, 2011
Sprong tries to generate offence by being a one man show, he does not make his line mates better. Only been 2 games and I’m ready to move on from the top 6 experiment.
He will be a very exciting player to watch at future Spengler Cups.

Reactions: canucksfan

pitseleh

Jul 30, 2005
Vancouver
Seems I’m in the minority but thought the overall performance at even strength was pretty good even though there were some weak performances. The baseline should be pretty low when you have Juulsen playing as a top-4 defender and Forbert playing 18 minutes.

Special teams were clearly a problem though.

The entire fourth line could be playing higher up in the lineup. Blueger won’t because they need him at centre but Sherwood definitely should.

I’m guessing Sprong is benched next game but if he’s not he’s got to play on a different line. Still think the best role for him is with two strong defensive players who need someone who need help with finishing. Would be interested to see him with Blueger and someone like Heinen.

Brookbank

Nov 15, 2022
oh yeah

pretty sure we got destroyed by Flyers last October
We got shut out by the Flyers last year. No goals , no lead , no OT, no point. Nothing. That was a bad loss. This was not a bad loss. Yet many fans are treating it as if it was. Hard to control emotions i guess

Jay26

Jul 13, 2022
Kamloops
Thought the Raty-Hoglander-Garland line was the best line tonight, don't know why he split them up for the third period. But it does seem that Sprong is the new Kuzmenko.

On another note, did anyone else's Sportsnet+ subscription suddenly cut out in the third? It was saying that I needed to be in Canada for it to work but there's just one issue, I was...
Nope. Nobody had any issues with that.

Regal

Mar 12, 2010
Vancouver
We got shut out by the Flyers last year. No goals , no lead , no OT, no point. Nothing. That was a bad loss. This was not a bad loss. Yet many fans are treating it as if it was. Hard to control emotions i guess

I don’t think the loss is the issue, it’s that a lot of the same issues from last years final 1/3 are continuing. It’s not a disaster but it quells some of the hopes for change at least for now

Slapshot_11

Aug 30, 2006
Bud the team got bailed out by the goalie and the flyers player missing 2-3 tap ins

Get some glasses

Reactions: Szechwan

wonton15

Höglander
Dec 13, 2009
Blowing another lead and seeing your top 6 flail around was worse than the loss/score itself. Given the state of our D, it’s not surprising, but the play of certain players has been incredibly questionable 2 games in

Reactions: Jay26

Nuckles

_________
Apr 27, 2010
heck
Yeah Derek Forbort is f***ing elite. Just needed a bit of coffee

zlmxd4yqf9ud1.jpeg

Ad

Upcoming events

• Rogle BK @ HV 71
    Rogle BK @ HV 71
    Wagers: 4